Fourteenth Sunday in Ordinary tTime – 5th July, 2020
Canon John Fitzgerald P.P.
Tel Nos. Millstreet 029-70043/Mobile 087-7752948
PARISH OFFICE OPENING HOURS:
10.00a.m.-1.00p.m. & 2.00p.m.-5.00p.m.
Email Address: millstreet @dioceseofkerry.ie
Website: www.dioceseof kerry.ie
Your prayers are requested for the repose of the souls of the following:
Anniversaries: Joe O’Mahony, Liscahane; Charles Barry, Murphy’s Terrace; Frank Reen Snr., Main Street; Brendan Hickey, Main Street; Denis Healy, Claraghatlea; Nora Murphy, Drishane Road; John Kelleher, Lackabawn; Deceased members of the O’Connor & O’Mahony families; Christy Philpott, Ballydaly; Theresa Moynihan, Woodland Drive & Boston.
SCHEDULE OF PUBLIC MASSES IN MILLSTREET FOR THE WEEK AHEAD AND WHICH WILL BE & TRANSMITTED ON OUR CHURCH TV & CORK MUSIC STATION (corkmusicstation.com)
Saturday 4th at 6.30p.m. for Tim & Agnes Kiely, The Bridge; Con & Kathleen Kelleher, Macroom.
Sunday 5th at 11.30a.m: Jimmy & Kathleen Cashman, Clara Road; Mary Sheehan, Tanyard Wood; The deceased members of the O’Callaghan family, Sunnyside, Liscahane.
MASS ON MONDAY (6th) Mass for People of the Parish at 10.00a.m.
MASS ON TUESDAY (7th) Private Intention at 10.00a.m.
MASS ON WEDNESDAY (8th) Private Intention at 10.00a.m.
MASS ON THURSDAY (9th) Private Intention at 10.00a.m.
MASS ON FRIDAY (10th) for Denis Kelleher, Aubane at 7.30p.m.
SATURDAY (11th) for Han O’Leary, Toorbonia at 6.30p.m.
SUNDAY (12th) for Michael, Judy & Stephen O’Riordan, Kippagh; John & the deceased members of the Ring family, Eagloune at 11.30a.m.
MASS ON THURSDAY (9th) for Neily, Catherine & Niall Duggan, Lisnaboy & Kathleen Cronin at 7.30p.m.
MASS ON SUNDAY (12th) for Bridget Hickey, Mologhroe & Val & Katie O’Leary; Matty O’Leary, Milleen at 10.15a.m.
MASS ON SUNDAY (12th) for Margaret & the deceased members of the Buckley Family, Toorbonia at 9.00a.m.
RETURN TO PUBLIC MASS
We have now had our first week of Public Masses since last March and I want to thank everyone for their co-operation in contacting the Parish office to reserve a place and the courtesy shown to our ushers.
As you are aware, we are still limited to 50 people for indoor spaces and so for the foreseeable future we are asking you to continue ringing the Parish office to reserve a place for each Mass in our Churches.
The following are the main points to note:
- As per current guidelines the maximum number of people allowed at any one ceremony is 50 so our reservation system will remain in place for the time being. Parishioners must continue to ring the Parish (during working hours) to reserve a place. This applies to each Mass in our Churches (Millstreet, Ballydaly and Cullen).
- Parishioners attending Mass should wear a face covering in the Church. (Please note that face coverings are not suitable for children under the age of 13 and that not everyone will feel comfortable wearing a face covering. While the wearing of a face covering is recommended it is not mandatory.
- We will have ushers in the Church to meet you, remind you to sanitise and to show you to a seat and we will be asking people to fill the Church from the top down to limit the movement indoors.
- Holy Communion will be given by the Priest and a Eucharistic Minister who will be wearing a face covering.
- Ushers will also monitor and control the exiting of people after Mass and we are asking that you do not congregate in the Church yard after leaving the Churches.
- It is recommended that Church pews are cleaned after each ceremony
- Toilets will remain closed.
- At Masses the passing of baskets is not recommended so our collection will now be inside the door of the Churches.
My sincere thanks to everyone who has volunteered to help with the cleaning of Church seats after each Mass and our ushers for their attendance during the week. I also want to acknowledge the support and encouragement I have received during the past number of months it is much appreciated. May we continue to work as a community to protect each other and help those in need. Our Lady, pray for us.
THOUGHT FOR THE WEEK
When you’re lonely – may you find love
When you’re down – may you find joy
When you’re troubled – may you find peace
When things are complicated – may you find simple beauty
When things are chaotic – may you find inner silence
When things look empty – may you find hope