THIRTEENTH sunday in ordinary time – 28th June, 2020
Canon John Fitzgerald P.P.
Tel Nos. Millstreet 029-70043/Mobile 087-7752948
PARISH OFFICE OPENING HOURS:
10.00a.m.-1.00p.m. & 2.00p.m.-5.00p.m.
Email: <email> www.dioceseofkerry.ie
Your prayers are requested for the repose of the souls of the following:
RECENT DEATHS: Sean Michael Horgan, New York.
Anniversaries: Mick Kelleher, Killowen; Eugie O’Connell, Dooneen; Nelius Guerin, Ballydaly; Nora Horgan, Ballydaly; Tony Moynihan, Coalpits; Margaret Murphy, Lisnaboy; Peter Cronin, Knockduff; Betty, Timothy & Dermot O’Callaghan, Shronebaha; Paddy & Nora O’Connell, London; Joan Daly, Mallow; Rev. John Brendan O’Hare, Cloghoulamore & USA.
SCHEDULE OF PUBLIC MASSES IN MILLSTREET FOR THE WEEK AHEAD AND WHICH WILL BE & TRANSMITTED ON OUR CHURCH TV & CORK MUSIC STATION (corkmusicstation.com)
SUNDAY (28th) at 11.30a.m for: Mass for People of the Parish
MASS ON MONDAY (29th) Private Intention at 10.00a.m.
MASS ON TUESDAY (30th) Private Intention at 10.00a.m.
MASS ON WEDNESDAY (1st) Eileen Collins, Clara Road & Private Intention at 10.00a.m.
MASS ON THURSDAY (2nd) Private Intention at 10.00a.m.
MASS ON FRIDAY (3rd) Jack & Joan Healy, Minor Row & Private Intention at 10.00a.m.
SATURDAY (4th) for Tim & Agnes Kiely, The Bridge; Con & Kathleen Kelleher, Macroom at 6.30p.m.
SUNDAY (5th) for Jimmy & Kathleen Cashman, Clara Road; Mary Sheehan, Tanyard; Deceased members of the O’Callaghan Family, Liscahane at 11.30a.m.
MASS ON THURSDAY (2nd) for Johnny & Hannah Mary Fleming and Davy & Kitty Fleming and John Fleming, Cullen at 7.30p.m.
If any parishioner wish to have the Sacrament of Confession this can be arranged.
RETURN TO PUBLIC MASS
Tomorrow will be the first day of public Masses since last March and it is a day we all welcome. However, we still need to be cautious and continue to take care with social distancing, continue to sanitize and take due care when coughing or sneezing.
Attending Mass will be different for the foreseeable future and all the precautions that we have been asked to take by NPHET, the Government and the Diocese are being carried out.
Some people may not feel comfortable in attending Mass due to underlying medical conditions that they or someone in their household have, so please be assured that the dispensation from attending Mass on Sundays and Holydays of Obligation remains in place until further notice.
In preparation for Mass the following are the main points to note:
- As per current guidelines the maximum number of people allowed at any one ceremony is 50 so our reservation system will remain in place for the time being. Parishioners must continue to ring the Parish (during working hours) to reserve a place. This applies to each Church (Millstreet, Ballydaly and Cullen).
- Parishioners attending Mass should wear a face covering in the Church. (Please note that face coverings are not suitable for children under the age of 13 and that not everyone will feel comfortable wearing a face covering. While the wearing of a face covering is recommended it is not mandatory.
- We will have ushers in the Church to meet you, remind you to sanitise and to show you to a seat and we will be asking people to fill the Church from the top down to limit the movement indoors.
- Holy Communion will be given in your seat by Eucharistic Minister/Priest who will be wearing a face covering.
- Ushers will also monitor and control the exiting of people after Mass and we are asking that you do not congregate in the Church yard after leaving the Churches.
- It is recommended that Church pews are cleaned after each ceremony
- Toilets will remain closed.
- At Masses the passing of baskets is not recommended so our collection will now be inside the door of the Churches.
Sunday Mass will commence in Ballydaly and Cullen on Sunday 12th and again I remind you to contact the Parish office if you wish to attend.
I want to thank you for your understanding as we navigate our way through the regulations. I also want to thank those who have offered to assist with stewarding, cleaning and the preparation of our Churches it is very much appreciated.
Gentle reminder to Eucharistic Ministers to please reply to Parish Office regarding letter sent to you during the week.
MILLSTREET LIBRARY reopens on Tuesday 30th June (further details on Millstreet.ie)
IRISH PILGRIMAGE TRUST: Ria Buckley & Hannah Keane who were due to travel to Lourdes at Easter have donated the amount they raised (€2,367.50) to the Irish Pilgrimage Trust to support their ongoing work as their trip was cancelled due to Covid19. They wish to thank everyone who supported them.