Millstreet Library will be open to the public from next week – from Tuesday, 30th June 2020. It will open at the slightly later time of 10am each day. Customers will be able to browse and pick their own books as before. The nationwide request system will start up about a month later. We look forward to welcoming everyone back in again. We thank Librarian Nora for this important notice. (S.R.)
House Available for Rent
Rathmore/ Millstreet area
Tel 087 6145302
RETURN OF PUBLIC MASSES
As announced last weekend it is with optimism and caution that we announce the return of Public Masses from next Monday 29th June however, as you are now aware that the current Government guidelines have set the capacity for indoor ceremonies to 50 people.
Attending Mass will be very different at the moment and I am asking for your understanding and patience as we put safety measures in place. Some people may not feel comfortable in attending Mass due to underlying medical conditions that they have or someone in their household have, so please be assured that the dispensation from attending Mass on Sundays and Holydays of Obligation remains in place until further notice.
Our proposed Mass schedule for the first week is:
Millstreet: Monday 29th, Tuesday 30th, Wednesday 1st, Thursday 2nd and Friday 3rd at 10.00a.m. Saturday 4th at 6.30p.m. and Sunday 5th at 11.30a.m.
Cullen: Thursday 2nd at 7.30p.m.
SUNDAY MASSES WILL RECOMMENCE IN BALLYDALY & CULLEN ON SUNDAY 12th JULY.
To allow Parishioners who wish to attend Mass, with the maximum being 50 people at any one ceremony, it is now recommended that a reservation system be put in place in Parishes for the time being. I am asking Parishioners who wish to attend a Mass during the week to contact the Parish office during working hours to reserve a place. This system will be in place for all Churches in the Parish from Wednesday onwards.
These requests may be difficult for some people to understand or accept but we have to ensure the safety of each single person who comes into our Churches. For those who will attend Mass the following will need to be noted:
- Parishioners attending Mass should wear a face covering in the Church. (Please note that face coverings are not suitable for children under the age of 13 and that not everyone will feel comfortable wearing a face covering. While the wearing of a face covering is recommended it is not mandatory).
- We will have ushers in the Church to show you to a seat and we will be asking people to fill the Church from the top down to limit the movement indoors. For leaving the Church after any Ceremony it will be from the bottom to the top.
- Holy Communion will be given in your seat by Eucharistic Minister/Priest who will be wearing a face covering.
- Ushers will also monitor and control the exiting of people after Mass and we are asking that you do not congregate in the Church yard after leaving the Churches.
- It is recommended that Church pews are cleaned after each ceremony.
- Toilets will remain closed.
- We are advised not to have altar servers at the moment.
- At weekend Masses the passing of baskets is not recommended so our collection will now be inside the door of the Churches
These guidelines are advised by Government, the National Public Health Emergency Team (NPHET) and the Irish Bishop’s Conference and for the safety of each of us and our families. I thank you for your co-operation and understanding at this time and may God continue to protect your families and our Parish.
Fr. John Fitzgerald