The Most Holy Body & Blood of Chirst – 14th June, 2020
Canon John Fitzgerald P.P.
Tel Nos. Millstreet 029-70043/Mobile 087-7752948
PARISH OFFICE OPENING HOURS:
10.00a.m.-1.00p.m. & 2.00p.m.-5.00p.m.
Your prayers are requested for the repose of the souls of the following:
Anniversaries: Nora Dennehy, Lackabawn; John & Margaret McCarthy, Lackabawn; Tom Radley, Minor Row; Anthony Price, Minor Row; Denny Kelleher, Minor Row; James Daly, Main Street; Dermot Murphy, Clara Road; Jimmy & Kathleen Cashman, Clara Road; Nora Desmond, Claramore; Michael O’Connor, Church Street & Cloghoulabeg; John O’Brien, Ballydaly; Phyllis O’Connor, Lisnasheershane; Arthur Moynihan, Flintfield; Daniel Duggan, Carriganima; Fr. Donal Mulcahy, Annagloor & San Francisco.
AS RESTRICTIONS CONTINUE IN THE CONTEXT OF COVID-19 THE FOLLOWING IS THE SCHEDULE OF MASSES FOR THE WEEK AHEAD WHICH WILL BE CELEBRATED BY FR. FITZGERALD BEHIND CLOSED DOORS & TRANSMITTED ON OUR CHURCH TV & CORK MUSIC STATION (corkmusicstation.com)
- SUNDAY (14th) at 11.30a.m: Mass today will be offered for the First Holy Communion Children of our Parish, their families & teachers.
- MASS ON MONDAY (15th) for Tom, Joan & Claire Grainger, Cloghoulamore & Birmingham; Billy & Lena Mulcahy, Dromahane at 10.00a.m.
- MASS ON TUESDAY (16th) for Julie & Patie Hickey, Cullen; Christy & Bonnie Morley, Lislehane & their daughter Nuala Joyce, Tralee at 10.00a.m.
- MASS ON WEDNESDAY (17th) William O’Leary, Dromnahilla; Breda O’Leary, The Square; Mary & Patrick Dineen, Knocknapogue at 10.00a.m.
- MASS ON THURSDAY (18th) for Johnnie & Abina Sheehan, Knockbrack; Timmy O’Connor, Dooneen; Tadg Crowley, Drishanebeg at 10.00a.m.
- MASS ON FRIDAY (19th) Feast of The Sacred Heart at 10.00a.m.
TO ACCESS CORK MUSIC STATION
All our Masses which are celebrated behind closed doors are transmitted on Cork Music Station. This can be heard by logging on to your internet and in the search bar type in corkmusicstation.com. Click on Cork Music Station Home and it will bring you into the page where our Mass can be heard.
Please return Trócaire Boxes or donations into our Parish Office and we will return to Diocese on your behalf. Your support is appreciated.
FEAST OF CORPUS CHRISTI
Traditionally after Mass today we would have our Corpus Christi procession. Houses in West End, Main Street & the Square would prepare their windows or doorways with flowers, statues and pictures of the Sacred heart and then we would join as a community in prayer. It was always a sense of reassurance to see so many gathered in the square from every corner of our Parish. Inevitably after our prayers were concluded the memories of past processions were recalled and especially the year that you received your First Holy communion and walked in front of the Blessed Sacrament was the most vivid. Unfortunately, this year our First Holy Communion children will not have this memory but our prayers for them and their families are as important this year and is our gift as a faith community to them.
This Sunday morning, I will recite the rosary offering the Mysteries of Light and during each Mystery we will remember for the following:
- First Mystery: The Baptism in the Jordan – for all those awaiting Baptism.
- Second Mystery: The Wedding at Cana – for all those preparing for the sacrament of Marriage
- Third Mystery: The Proclamation of the Kingdom – for all young people, especially those who will receive the Sacrament of Confirmation
- Fourth Mystery: The Transfiguration – for all those who have died during this Pandemic and all who are bereaved.
- Fifth Mystery: The Institution of the Eucharist – for all those preparing to receive their First Holy Communion.
PRAYER FOR OUR FIRST HOLY COMMUNION CHILDREN
Today as we celebrate Corpus Christi with Christians all over the world and Honour the Blessed Sacrament we pray for the children of our Parish as they wait to receive Jesus in Holy Communion for the first time. May their families, teachers and our community help them understand and look forward to this special occasion. May the faith and beliefs they have be nurtured and sustained throughout their lives. Generous God, hear the prayers we ask through Christ our Lord.
Once again, I remind those that are in a position to visit our Churches to keep in mind our requests for safety and to follow signage:
- The safest way to visit is to “walk around, stand and pray, don’t sit down and touch nothing.
- Please use hand sanitisers in each Church and remember sanitise carefully as you enter and there is no risk of you bringing in the virus on your hands. Sanitise your hands as you exit and there is no risk of you bringing the virus out on your hands.
Mass for all 6th Class pupils: Bishop Ray Browne will say Mass on next Tuesday at 7.30 p.m. for all 6th Class pupils. It will be live-streamed from The Cathedral through: mcnmedia.tv/camera/st-marys-cathedral-killarney or goggle St Mary’s Cathedral Killarney live Webcam.