Your prayers are requested for the repose of the souls of the following:
ANNIVERSARIES: Teresa Tangney, Main Street; Ellen & the deceased members of the Cleary Family, Murphy’s Terrace; Eddie Ambrose, Murphy’s Terrace; Kathleen Cashman, Clara Road; Connie Coakley, Station Road; Sonny Dennehy, Gneeves; John Francis Ryan, Cockhill; Denis O’Hare, Coole; Michael McSweeney, Flintfield; Ellen Kelleher, Aubane; Connie McSweeney, Gortavehy; Hugh & Mary O’Keeffe, Glountane & Boherbue; Deceased members of the O’Sullivan family, Knocknageeha; Timothy O’Callaghan, Banteer.
AS RESTRICTIONS CONTINUE IN THE CONTEXT OF COVID-19 THE FOLLOWING IS THE SCHEDULE OF MASSES FOR THE WEEK AHEAD WHICH WILL BE CELEBRATED BY FR. FITZGERALD BEHIND CLOSED DOORS & TRANSMITTED ON OUR CHURCH TV.
- SUNDAY (24th) at 11.30a.m: Mass is for People of the Parish
- MASS ON MONDAY (25th) for Sonny & Nora Dennehy, Gneeves at 10.00a.m.
- MASS ON TUESDAY (26th) for Timothy & Nora Kelleher, Lislehane at 10.00a.m.
- MASS ON WEDNESDAY (27th) Connie Coakley, Station Road at 10.00a.m.
- MASS ON THURSDAY (28th) for Denis O’Hare, Coole at 10.00a.m.
- MASS ON FRIDAY (29th) for Dr. Michael Feeley, Clara Road at 10.00a.m.
THE ROSARY WILL BE RECITED BEFORE EACH MASS DURING MAY
EACH OF THESE MASSES WILL BE TRANSMITTED ON CORK MUSIC STATION (corkmusicstation.com)
MILLSTREET CHOIR RETURN “VIRTUALLY”
Our Church choir will be singing “virtually” at Mass this week, through recorded hymns sung individually at home while complying with Covid19 lockdown restrictions. I thank everyone who worked on this project to make it possible.
The Parish office continues to be closed to the public but our secretary can still be contacted by phone (029 70043) or email for anniversary inclusions, mass cards or any other queries. Thank you to everyone who has returned their envelopes over the past number of weeks. Your support and encouragement is always appreciated.
OPENING OF CHURCHES FOR PRIVATE PRAYER
The opening of our Churches this week has been a welcome move and it has brought great comfort to our parishioners who have visited each of our Churches in the Parish. However, we must remain aware of and compliant with Government and Diocesan advise in regard to Covid19. When visiting each Church please bear in mind the following advice:
- The safest way to visit is to “walk around, stand and pray, don’t sit down and touch nothing.
- Please use hand sanitisers in each Church and remember sanitise carefully as you enter and there is no risk of you bringing in the virus on your hands.
- Sanitise your hands as you exit and there is no risk of you bringing the virus out on your hands.
- Practice social distancing and follow signage
This continues to be a difficult time for everyone and I would encourage everyone who needs help to ask for it. Everyone’s difficulties are different and none of us know the struggles that households are experiencing but always remember there is help available and ask for it. We have listed numbers for various groups and remember everyone needs a little help at some time in their lives.
Millstreet Covid Group: Jeremiah Keating (087) 7932736 or Liam Flynn (087) 6380053
Cork County Council Community Helpline: 1800 805 819
St. Vincent De Paul: (086) 066 9243
ALONE Support line for older people: 0818 222024
(Grotto to our Lady on Clara Road)
Mary Our Mother, we ask you to protect the families of our Parish, give strength to those who are struggling at this time, comfort to those who are grieving and continued strength to those who work on the front-line. Let us never give up hope and let our community spirit be a support for each and everyone of us. Our Lady pray for us.