Third Sunday of Lent – 15th March, 2020
Canon John Fitzgerald P.P.
Tel Nos. Millstreet 029-70043/Mobile 087-7752948
Email: <email> www.dioceseofkerry.ie
PARISH OFFICE OPENING HOURS:
10.00a.m.-1.00p.m. & 2.00p.m.-5.00p.m.
FOLLOWING GUIDELINES RECEIVED FROM
THE DIOCESE OF KERRY
IN THE CONTEXT OF
THERE WILL BE NO PUBLIC CELEBRATION OF:
MASSES THIS WEEKEND
PATRICK’S DAY MASSES
NO PUBLIC WEEKDAY MASSES WILL BE CELEBRATED
EXPOSITION HAS BEEN CANCELLED.
THESE RESTRICTIONS WILL CONTINUE TO BE REVIEWED BY THE DIOCESE AND WE WILL KEEP YOU INFORMED OF THESE CHANGES.
THE CHURCH WILL REMAIN OPEN DAILY
Fr. Fitzgerald will celebrate Mass privately on Sunday & St. Patrick’s Day at 11.30 and this will be transmitted through our camera in the Church to homes who are able to access it.
- MILLSTREET C.V. SUPPORT GROUP: We are a volunteer community group set up to help people who fear being exposed to the COVID 19 virus or who may have to self-isolate. They may have the virus or have been in close contact and as a result are confined to their homes. The group consists of almost 20 volunteers so far. We have two vans and an array of personal skills. We can provide assistance by organising shopping and delivery of groceries, firing, etc. All our services are totally free to the community. If the pandemic develops and the requests for assistance change the group will evolve to meet these new demands where possible. We will be organising a mail drop of this information to every home in our area in the next few days. More volunteers would be extremely welcome. For more information contact: Jeremiah Keating (087) 7932736 or Liam Flynn (087) 6380053
- PARISH OFFICE will remain open
- CULLEN & DISTRICT SPECIAL NEEDS ASSOCIATION: Final of weigh-in will take place on next Monday 16th as planned. Presentation of trophies to those who have lost the most weight and those who have collected the most money will also take place. The presentation of cheques to representatives of the centre will also take place.
- MILLSTREET GRAMOPHONE CIRCLE: Due to Coronavirus (COVID-19) presentations are cancelled until a future date
- CANCELLATION: Due to COVID-19 the St. Patrick’s Day Parade in Millstreet has been cancelled.
- CANCELLATION: Information evening entitled “Let’s take Ireland back for Christ, what you can do……..” scheduled for 21st March has been cancelled due to COVID-19
- CANCELLATION: Legion of Mary annual consecration to our Lady has been cancelled due to COVID-19
PRAYER FOR PROTECTION – Extract from St. Patrick’s Breastplate 
Christ with me, Christ before me, Christ behind me, Christ in me,
Christ beneath me, Christ above me, Christ on my right,
Christ on my left, Christ when I lie down, Christ when I sit down.
Christ when I arise, Christ in the heart of everyone who thinks of me,
Christ in the mouth of everyone who speaks of me,
Christ in every eye that sees me,
Christ in every ear that hears me.