Seventh Sunday in Ordinary Time – 23rd February 2020
Canon John Fitzgerald P.P.
Tel Nos. Millstreet 029-70043/Mobile 087-7752948
Email: <email@example.com> dioceseofkerry.ie
PARISH OFFICE OPENING HOURS:
10.00a.m.-1.00p.m. & 2.00p.m.-5.00p.m.
Your prayers are requested for the repose of the souls of the following and for those whose anniversaries occur around this time, and for those for whom masses will be offered during the week:
Mass Intentions this Week-end:
Millstreet Vigil 6.30 p.m. Daniel & Elizabeth Creedon, Cloghoula
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m. Jerry Horgan, Ballydaly
Cullen 10.15 a.m. Timmy & the deceased members of the O’Regan Family, Nohovaldaly
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Maureen & Martin Moran, Ballyvouskil
Anniversaries: Madge & Michael Kelleher, Aubane; Joe Buckley, Ballinatona; Timothy & Mary Dineen, Carrigacooleen; Peter Roche, Drishanebeg; Peg O’Keeffe, Drishane Road; Tommy O’Mahony, Millstreet; Jerry Corkery, Coomlogane; Daniel Duggan, Claraghatlea; Patrick Dineen, Knocknapogue; Hannah Mary Dennehy, Coomlogane; Eamonn Cronin, Knockduff; Annie Murphy, Ahane; Margaret Moylan, Sally’s Cross; Abina & Denis McCarthy, Fortgrady; Tom Enright, Newcastlewest.
Mass Intentions for next week:
Saturday 29th February:
Millstreet 6.30 p.m. Vivienne Murphy, Tanyard Wood
Sunday 1st March:
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m. Kathleen Moynihan, Ballydaly
Cullen 10.15a.m. Frank O’Leary, Lissaniska
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Concubhair O’hEalaithe, Drishane Road
Millstreet Church: Mass times this week, unless there is a funeral.
Mass on Monday for Peter Roche, Drishanebeg at 7.30p.m.
Mass on Tuesday for Tom Enright, Newcastlewest at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Wednesday (Ash Wednesday) and distribution of Ashes at 10.00a.m. & 7.30p.m. (Mass at 10.00a.m for People of the Parish)
Mass on Thursday (Private Intention) at 10.00a.m.
Friday: Stations of the Cross at 7.00p.m. followed by Mass at 7.30p.m. for Peg O’Keeffe, Drishane Road.
CONFESSIONS: Every Saturday in Millstreet Church 12.30p.m.-1.00p.m.
MILLSTREET ALTAR SOCIETY for 1st & 8th March: Group E
Rotas for Next Weekend 29th February/1st March
|6.30 p.m.||Caroline Murphy||Group B|
|11.30 a.m.||Bernie Lane|
|9.00 a.m.||Liam Flynn||Group D|
|10.15 a.m.||Marie Walsh||Group F|
Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament every Tuesday & Wednesday from 10.30a.m. to 10.30p.m. in the Blessed Sacrament Chapel, Millstreet.
CULLEN CHURCH: Collector for next weekend (1st): Nora O’Keeffe
Mass on Wednesday (Ash Wednesday) at 7.30p.m. with distribution of Ashes for Padraig O’Connor, Lissnasheershane at the request of Cullen & District Special Needs.
Mass on Friday for Andy & Pauline O’Sullivan, Lisnaboy at 7.30p.m.
EUCHARISTIC ADORATION Saturday in Ballydaly Church 10.30a.m. & 12.30p.m.
DIOCESE OF KERRY: The Permanent Diaconate: The diocese of Kerry is seeking candidates who feel they may have a calling to be permanent deacons. The diocese already has six deacons. The hope is to begin a “come and see” programme next autumn. Information leaflets on the permanent diaconate are available in the church. Any interested candidates should establish contact via a local priest or the diocesan office (firstname.lastname@example.org) as soon as possible.
Liturgical Organ Tuition with Patrick Killeen: Organist Patrick Killeen will recommence organ tuition in Killarney from the end of February. Sessions will be held on Friday afternoons/evenings. He will present ten sessions for anyone interested in accompanying church choirs. These sessions would be suited for anyone wishing to transition from piano to organ. Please contact Tomás Kenny on 086 3683778 or <email> for more information.
Music Workshop with Dr. John O’ Keeffe on liturgical music on Tuesday, March 10th 2020 at 7:30pm in John Paul II Pastoral Centre, Killarney. John will present material from his new collection Feasts and Seasons II. The cost for the workshop is €5.00 per person. Contact Tomás Kenny on 086 3683778 or <email> for more information and to book a place.
PARISH PASTORAL MEETING on Monday night (24th) at 8.15p.m in The Sacristy.
- BALLYDALY SOCIAL GROUP will hold their annual general meeting on Tuesday next (25th) in Ballydaly Hall at 7.00p.m New members welcome.
- MILLSTREET LIBRARY: Story time & colouring for children at Millstreet Library from 11.30 to 12.30 on Saturday 29th February to celebrate National Library Open Day 2020. Event is free and all welcome to attend.
- MILLSTREET COMMUNITY SCHOOL Transition year students invite active retired ladies to a Coffee morning in Millstreet Parish Centre on Wednesday 4th March between 10.30a.m. & 12 noon with the theme for the morning being “Women hold up half the sky”.
- Weekend of Praise, Worship and Healing in the Rochestown Park Hotel, Douglas, Cork on March 7th & 8th. Holy Mass and Confessions on both days. Speakers include Maria Vadia (Catholic Evangelist), and priests. Commencing 9.am both days. Admission is free. Enquiries to Celia 087 2405568, Tom 087 6468658.
- THANK YOU to everyone who supported last week’s Church Gate collection in aid of Enable Ireland. Total collected: €1,140.00