Sixth Sunday in Ordinary Time – 16th February, 2020
Canon John Fitzgerald P.P.
Tel Nos. Millstreet 029-70043/Mobile 087-7752948
Email: <email> www.dioceseofkerry.ie
PARISH OFFICE OPENING HOURS:
10.00a.m.-1.00p.m. & 2.00p.m.-5.00p.m.
Your prayers are requested for the repose of the souls of the following and for those whose anniversaries occur around this time, and for those for whom masses will be offered during the week:
RECENT DEATH: Frank Thornton, Drishanebeg
Mass Intentions this Week-end:
Millstreet Vigil 6.30 p.m. Meg Kelleher, Aubane & Jack Collins, Ballincollig
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m. Nellie White, Tubber
Cullen 10.15 a.m. Mary O’Mahony, Meenagloherane
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Eileen Buckley, Liscahane
Anniversaries: Sr. Florence O’Sullivan, Drishane Convent; Agnes Kiely, The Bridge; Bridget Bourke, Murphy’s Terrace; Des Kelleher, Kilmeedy Lower; Eileen O’Mahony, Kilmeedy; Jerome O’Riordan, Dromsicane; John Mullane, Coolikerane; Sr. Paul Murphy, Lisnaboy; John J. Murphy, Lisnaboy; Denis O’Connor, Cloghoulabeg & Dublin.
Mass Intentions for next week:
Saturday 22nd February:
Millstreet 6.30 p.m. Daniel & Elizabeth Creedon, Cloghoula
Sunday 23rd February:
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m. Jerry Horgan, Ballydaly
Cullen 10.15a.m. Timmy & the deceased members of the O’Regan Family, Nohovaldaly
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Maureen & Martin Moran, Ballyvouskil
Millstreet Church: Mass times this week, unless there is a funeral.
Mass on Monday for Agnes & Tim Kiely, The Bridge at 7.30p.m.
Mass on Tuesday for Sr. Florence O’Sullivan, Drishane Convent at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Wednesday for Bridget & James Burke, Murphy’s Terrace and their daughters Breeda Hickey & Sheila (Judy) Doocey at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Thursday for Margaret & John Mullane, Coolikerane and their daughter Ann at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Friday for the deceased members of The Manley Family, The Square and John “Sing” O’Sullivan at 7.30p.m.
Rotas for Next Weekend 22nd/23rd February
|6.30 p.m.||Padraig Creedon||Group A|
|11.30 a.m.||Jerry Doody|
|9.00 a.m.||Dan O’Riordan||Group C|
|10.15 a.m.||Dominic Cronin||Group E|
Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament every Tuesday & Wednesday from 10.30a.m. to 10.30p.m. in the Blessed Sacrament Chapel, Millstreet.
CULLEN CHURCH: Collector for next weekend (23rd): Jerry O’Sullivan
Mass on next Thursday at 7.30p.m. for Annie Murphy, Ahane
CONFESSIONS: Every Saturday in Millstreet Church 12.30p.m.-1.00p.m.
LEGION OF MARY: Meeting on Tuesday night in The Sacristy at 8.00p.m.
EUCHARISTIC ADORATION in Ballydaly Church every Saturday between 10.30 & 12.30p.m. Everyone welcome.
DO THIS IN MEMORY: The next night of the special Parish based programme for First Holy Communion children & parents is taking place next weekend during Vigil Mass in Millstreet next Saturday 22nd and Sunday 23rd in Cullen at 10. 15a.m
KERRY DIOCESE invites all parish readers, eucharistic ministers in the Kerry Diocese to Ardfert Retreat Centre on Tuesday next (18th) February at 7.30p.m. for a talk entitled “Ministry in the Church” with guest speaker Bishop (Emeritus) Bill Murphy.
TO SOFTEN THE HEART: Fresh ways of hearing the Lenten Gospels: Fr. Seamus O’Connell, Professor of Sacred Scripture, Maynooth will explore the Lenten gospels on Saturday 29th February between 10.00 & 1.00p.m in St. Brendan’s Pastoral Centre, Tralee. Suggested offering €5.00. Booking and further information from (066) 7125932. Organised by the St. Brendan’s Parish Lectio Divina group. Everyone is welcome.
- CULLEN & DRISTICT SPECIAL NEEDS ASSOCIATION: Annual weigh-in continues every Monday night.
- AGM OF MILLSTREET PITCH & PUTT CLUB will take place in the Parish Centre on Friday 21st February at 8.00p.m. All welcome.
- MILLSTREET GRAMOPHONE CIRCLE will meet in Millstreet Day Care centre on next Friday (21st) at 8.15p.m. Guest presenter is Jim Deery, Cullen. All welcome.
- FUNDRAISING CONCERT for local TY student Patrick Buckley on Friday night (21st) in Millstreet GAA Hall in aid of the HOPE Foundation, before he travels to India in March. Line-up includes: All Ireland winning Bands, Groups, Musicians & Dancers. Concert begins at 8.00p.m.
- INVITATION to an evening “Let’s take Ireland back for Christ, what you can do” in the Hibernian Hotel, Mallow on 22nd Feb at 7.30p.m. with Human Life International Ireland. Further details (085) 2525612
- KILLARNEY ST. PIO PRAYER GROUP: Blessing with St. Pio’s Glove will take place on Monday 17th February in the Church of the Resurrection, Killarney. Mass will start at 7.30p.m.
- TRADITIONAL LATIN MASS on Sunday 23rd February at Church of the Immaculate Conception, Tralee at 12 noon.