Fifth Sunday in Ordinary Time – 9th February, 2020
Canon John Fitzgerald P.P.
Tel Nos. Millstreet 029-70043/Mobile 087-7752948
Email: <email> www.dioceseofkerry.ie
PARISH OFFICE OPENING HOURS:
10.00a.m.-1.00p.m. & 2.00p.m.-5.00p.m.
Your prayers are requested for the repose of the souls of the following and for those whose anniversaries occur around this time, and for those for whom masses will be offered during the week:
Mass Intentions this Week-end:
Millstreet Vigil 6.30 p.m. James & Catherine O’Connor, Kilcummin & their daughter Betty Smith, Boston
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m. Denis O’Brien, Ballydaly
Cullen 10.15 a.m. Jerry O’Donoghue, Cullen
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Peter & Nora Dineen, Cloghoula
Anniversaries: Dan McSwenney, Murphy’s Terrace; Pat Joe Kelleher, Pound Hill; Mary Cronin, Main Street; Billy Murphy, Coole; William, Elizabeth & Vincent McSweeney, Flintfield; Eileen & Thomas O’Mahony, Kilmeedy; Betsy Murphy, Killarney Road; Willie Neenan, Ballydaly; Johnny Cremin, Gortavehy; Dan Joe McSweeney, Ardnageeha; Joan Herlihy, Knockane; Nora & Denis O’Sullivan, Inches; Kathleen O’Mahony, Clonakilty; William Hickey, Kilcommon, Thurles.
Mass Intentions for next week:
Saturday 15th February:
Millstreet 6.30 p.m. Meg Kelleher, Aubane & Jack Collins, Ballincollig.
Sunday 16th February:
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m. Nellie White, Tubber
Cullen 10.15a.m. Mary O’Mahony, Meenagloherane
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Eileen Buckley, Liscahane
Millstreet Church: Mass times this week, unless there is a funeral.
Mass on Monday for Mary Cronin, Main Street at 7.30p.m.
Mass on Tuesday for Julia & Daniel Duggan, Claraghatlea at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Wednesday for People of the Parish at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Thursday for John Healy at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Friday for Donal & Nora Murphy, Killarney Road, the deceased members of the Murphy Family, Noel & Mary Horgan, Cork and James Murphy, Cork at 7.30p.m.
CONFESSIONS: Every Saturday in Millstreet Church 12.30p.m.-1.00p.m.
LEGION OF MARY: Meeting on Tuesday night in The Sacristy at 8.00p.m.
Rotas for Next Weekend 15th/16th February
|6.30 p.m.||Tim Linehan||Group E|
|11.30 a.m.||Pat Breen|
|9.00 a.m.||Brendan O’Sullivan||Group B|
|10.15 a.m.||Ann Murphy||Group D|
Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament every Tuesday & Wednesday from 10.30a.m. to 10.30p.m. in the Blessed Sacrament Chapel, Millstreet.
CULLEN CHURCH: Collector for next weekend (16th): Michael Forde
Mass on next Thursday at 7.30p.m. for Mary & Neily O’Sullivan, Lyreaoune and their son Eddie.
EUCHARISTIC ADORATION every Saturday in Ballydaly Church between 10.30 & 12.30p.m. All welcome.
MILLSTREET ALTAR SOCIETY for 16th & 23rd February: Group D
TO SOFTEN THE HEART: Fresh ways of hearing the Lenten Gospels: Fr. Seamus O’Connell, Professor of Sacred Scripture, Maynooth will explore the Lenten gospels on Saturday 29th February between 10.00 & 1.00p.m in St. Brendan’s Pastoral Centre, Tralee. Suggested offering €5.00. Booking and further information from (066) 7125932. Organised by the St. Brendan’s Parish Lectio Divina group. Everyone is welcome.
- MILLSTREET COMMUNITY COUNCIL AGM will take place on this Tuesday (11th) February at 8.30p.m. in The Wallis Arms Hotel. New members wishing to join are welcome to attend on the night.
- FAIR DEAL: The Crystal Project will host a talk on Fair Deal on Wednesday 12th February with Ray Dwyer from the Nursing Home Support Office hosting the meeting. It will be held in the Mallow Primary Healthcare Centre between 10.30a.m. & 12.00 noon. Further details from Sheena Cadoo (086)7871818
- THANK YOU to everyone for supporting the fundraising efforts (the bake sale and the table quiz) for the two 5th year students from Millstreet Community School who will be going to Lourdes at Easter.
- ENABLE IRELAND COLLECTION next weekend (15th/16th). Your continued support is appreciated.
- KILLARNEY ST. PIO PRAYER GROUP: Blessing with St. Pio’s Glove will take place on Monday 17th February in the Church of the Resurrection, Killarney. Mass will start at 7.30p.m.
- MILLSTREET TWINNING ASSOCIATION: This year we are planning to visit our twin town “Pommerit Le Vicomte” in Brittany. If you are interested in joining us and would like more information please contact one of the following: Liam (087) 6380053; Pat (087) 9486253; Una (087) 7949691 or Eda (087) 7936422
- Music Workshop with Dr. John O’ Keeffe on liturgical music on Tuesday, March 10th 2020 at 7:30pm in John Paul II Pastoral Centre, Killarney. John will present material from his new collection Feasts and Seasons II. The cost for the workshop is €5.00 per person. The Feasts and Seasons music book and CD will be available to buy on the night for €15. Contact Tomás Kenny on 086 3683778 or <email> for more information and to book a place.