Second Sunday in Ordinary Time – 19th January, 2020
Canon John Fitzgerald P.P.
Tel Nos. Millstreet 029-70043/Mobile 087-7752948
Email: <email> www.dioceseofkerry.ie
PARISH OFFICE OPENING HOURS:
10.00a.m.-1.00p.m. & 2.00p.m.-5.00p.m.
Your prayers are requested for the repose of the souls of the following and for those whose anniversaries occur around this time, and for those for whom masses will be offered during the week:
RECENT DEATHS: Breeda Jacobsen (Canney), Salthill & Sweden
Mass Intentions this Week-end:
Millstreet Vigil 6.30 p.m. Joan Duggan, West End
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m. Peggie Horgan, Ballydaly
Cullen 10.15 a.m. Art, Jackie & Margaret O’Connor, Nohovaldaly
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Nora & Jerry Creedon, Laught
Anniversaries: John, Margaret & Eileen Duggan, West End; Ka Egan, Kanturk; Bina Duggan, West End; Fr. Joe Murphy, West End; Ann Marie Murphy, Clarabeg; Hannah Mary Kelleher, The Bridge; Mai O’Sullivan, Minor Row; John Desmond, Liscahane; Billy & Kathleen Guerin, Ballydaly & Cloghoula; Tade Mullane, Curragh; Bertie Doody, Dooneen; Kitty McSweeney, Rathcoole; Julia Vaughan, Newmarket; Ellen O’Riordan, Carriganima; Timothy & Bridget Nugent, Dromcollogher; William Murphy, Kilbrin.
Mass Intentions for next week:
Saturday 25th January:
Millstreet 6.30 p.m. Kathleen Corcoran, Dooneen
Sunday 26th January:
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m. The deceased members of the Moynihan Family, Lyreaoune
Cullen 10.15a.m. James Hickey, Meenskehy
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Bertie & Kate Kelleher, Murphy’s Terrace
Millstreet Church: Mass times this week, unless there is a funeral.
Mass on Monday for Maura & Daithi Dowling, Murphy’s Terrace and their grandson Thomas at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Tuesday for James & Hannah Lucey, Station Road at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Wednesday for People of the Parish at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Thursday for Hannie Murphy, Cockhill at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Friday for Cornelius & Ann Marie Murphy, Clarabeg at 7.30p.m.
Mass on Saturday for Connie Hartnett, The Bridge (recently deceased) at 10.00a.m.
CONFESSIONS: Every Saturday in Millstreet Church 12.30p.m.-1.00p.m.
Rotas for Next Weekend 25th/26th January
|6.30 p.m.||Sharon Lane||Group B|
|11.30 a.m.||Liam Burke|
|9.00 a.m.||Joanne Goold||Group D|
|10.15 a.m.||Noreen Meade||Group A|
Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament resumes this week in Millstreet on Tuesday & Wednesday from 10.30a.m. to 10.30p.m. in the Blessed Sacrament Chapel, Millstreet. Requests for Prayer & Special Intentions – A box & slips of papers for these intentions can be found at the back of the Church. Each Tuesday & Wednesday the box will be placed on the altar for Mass and then placed in the Adoration Chapel so that people attending can pray for them
CULLEN CHURCH: Collector for next weekend (26th): Jerome Ryan
Mass on next Thursday at 7.30p.m. for Tom, Eileen & Larry Kelleher, Mologhroe.
LEGION OF MARY: Meeting on Tuesday night in The Parish Centre at 8.00p.m.
EUCHARISTIC ADORATION in Ballydaly Church every Saturday between 10.30 & 12.30p.m. All welcome
- MILLSTREET VINTAGE CLUB CAR, COFFEE & CONVERSATION MORNING in aid of Marymount Hospice on this Sunday 19th January in the Wallis Arms at 11.00a.m. Vintage, classic and retro cars, bikes, etc are welcome. Further details from Daniel Lane (087) 2213848
- CLOGHOULA N.S: Enrolment forms for September 2020 are available from the school and from the local preschools. Please return completed forms to Cloghoula N.S.
- DUHALLOW REGION IFA will hold a meeting to discuss TB outbreak in the region on next Tuesday (21st) in The Wallis Arms Hotel at 8.00p.m. Department vets will be in attendance.
- CULLEN N.S. are now enrolling for September 2020.
- CULLEN & DISTRICT SPECIAL NEEDS: Annual weigh-in continues every Monday night at 8.00p.m. in Cullen Hall. There will be a break at 8.30p.m. for a motivational talk. All welcome.
- BALLYDALY HALL: A party to celebrate 60 years of Ballydaly Hall will be held on Friday 24th January between 8.30 & 11.30p.m. Everybody welcome.
- TRADITIONAL LATIN MASS will be offered at Church of the Immaculate Conception, Rathass, Tralee on Sunday 26th January at 12 noon.
- ARDFERT RETREAT CENTRE: Fire-fall charismatic prayer meeting every Monday between 7.30 & 9.00p.m. Lantern Night Holy Hour with Adoration on Thursday 23rd January between 7.30 & 8.30p.m. Self-care day: “Tools to manage life’s every day stressors” offering wellness skills that can be readily incorporated into one’s life to nourish our physical & emotional wellbeing. Facilitated by Anna O’Donoghue & Batty Garnett on Saturday 8th February between 9.45 & 4.00p.m. contact Betty (087) 2498061
- Thought for the week: Years and years of happiness only make us realise how lucky we are to have friends that have shared and made that happiness a reality. (R.E. Fredrick)