the baptism of the lord – 10th january, 2020
Canon John Fitzgerald P.P.
Tel Nos. Millstreet 029-70043/Mobile 087-7752948
Email: <email> www.dioceseofkerry.ie
PARISH OFFICE OPENING HOURS:
10.00a.m.-1.00p.m. & 2.00p.m.-5.00p.m
Your prayers are requested for the repose of the souls of the following and for those whose anniversaries occur around this time, and for those for whom masses will be offered during the week:
RECENT DEATHS: Mary Cashman, Tullig; John Murphy, Caum & Killeenleigh
Mass Intentions this Week-end:
Saturday 11th January:
Millstreet Vigil 6.30 p.m. Margaret Murphy, Pound Hill
Sunday 12th January:
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m.
Cullen 10.15 a.m. Michael & Joan Herlihy, Knockane
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Sheila McGarry, Mountleader
Anniversaries: Jackie Murphy, 12 Tanyard; Mattie Murphy, Minor Row; Jeremiah “Darby” Kelleher, Minor Row; The deceased members of the Murphy family, Church Street; Nell Hickey, Mill View; Agnes Kiely, The Bridge; Nora Garvey, Killarney Road; John Carroll, Claramore; Cornelius Murphy, Clarabeg; Mary & John Ryan, Cockhill; John, Kitty & the deceased members of the O’Riordan family, Ballydaly; Eileen & Larry Kelleher, Mologhroe; James, Mary & the deceased members of the Hickey Family, Derragh; Denis Duggan, Carriganima; Jerry Kelleher, Banteer; Patrick & Lucy Murphy, Mallow; Hannah, Edward & Anna Marie Fleming, Killarney.
Mass Intentions for next week:
Saturday 18th January:
Millstreet 6.30 p.m. Joan Duggan, West End
Sunday 19th January:
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m. Peggie Horgan, Ballydaly
Cullen 10.15a.m. Art, Jackie & Margaret O’Connor, Nohovaldaly
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Nora & Jerry Creedon, Laught
Millstreet Church: Mass times this week, unless there is a funeral.
Mass on Monday for John Carroll, Claramore at 7.30p.m.
Mass on Tuesday for John, Mary & Mike Brosnan, Rathduane at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Wednesday for Jack & Joan O’Connor, Ballinkeen at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Thursday for Fr. Joe Murphy, West End at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Friday for Bina & Timmy Duggan and Nora Creedon, West End at 7.30p.m.
CONFESSIONS: Every Saturday in Millstreet Church 12.30p.m.-1.00p.m.
Rotas for Next Weekend 18th/19th January
|6.30 p.m.||Catriona Kelleher||Group A|
|11.30 a.m.||Raymond Gilbourne|
|9.00 a.m.||Joanne Goold||Group C|
|10.15 a.m.||Liam Fitzgerald||Group H|
CULLEN CHURCH: Collector for next weekend (19th): Willie O’Connell
Mass on next Thursday at 7.30p.m. for Dan Hickey, Knockduff
LEGION OF MARY: Meeting on Tuesday night in The Parish Centre at 8.00p.m.
DO THIS IN MEMORY: The next night of the special Parish based programme for First Holy Communion children & parents is taking place next weekend during Vigil Mass in Millstreet next Saturday 18th and Sunday 19th in Cullen at 10. 15a.m
MILLSTREET ALTAR SOCIETY for 19th & 26th January: Group B
- COMMUNITY SCHOOL CALENDAR: Copies of a 2020 calendar illustrated by 1st year pupils of Millstreet Community School based on the United Nations Global Goals are available at the back of Millstreet church this weekend. Please take one.
- CULLEN & DISTRICT SPECIAL NEEDS: Annual sponsored weigh-in beginning on next Monday 13th
- BALLYDALY HALL: Set dancing will resume in Ballydaly Hall on next Wednesday 15th January between 8.30 and 10.00p.m. Everyone welcome.
- MILLSTREET GRAMOPHONE CIRCLE will meet in the Millstreet Day Care Centre on next Friday 17th January at 8.15p.m. Guest presenter is Paddy O’Leary of Kiskeam. All are very welcome.
- MILLSTREET TOWN PARK AGM: Friday 17th January in Millstreet Day Care Centre 8.30p.m. Mass for deceased members at 8.00p.m. in the Day Care Centre.
- MILLSTREET VINTAGE CLUB CAR, COFFEE & CONVERSATION MORNING in aid of Marymount Hospice on Sunday 19th January in the Wallis Arms at 11.00a.m. Vintage, classic and retro cars, bikes, etc are welcome. Further details from Daniel Lane (087) 2213848
- VOCATIONS AFTERNOON at the Poor Clare Monastery, College Road, Cork on Saturday 22nd February between 2.00 & 4.00p.m. Further details on poorclarescork.ie
- INTERNATIONAL FATIMA CONFERENCE will take place between 10th & 12th July, 2020. Details at the back of each church.
- VINCENT DE PAUL: The members of the Society of St. Vincent De Paul wish to thank you for your very generous contributions to their Christmas Door Collection. The monies received are as follows: Ballydaly – €287.00; Cullen – €745.36; Derrinagree, Dromagh & Kilcorney – €1,475.00; Millstreet – €3,262.00. They also wish to thank those who gave private donations of money, food hampers and such like. The Holy Sacrifice of the Mass has been offered for the intentions of those in need of help as well as donors. Kindly avail of their phone number (087) 9597900 if you or somebody you know may require help or assistance from the Society.