At their most recent meeting Millstreet Town Park Committee formally resolved to express their sincere gratitude and thank the following for their donations towards the proposed new Playground:
- Millstreet Athletic Club for a contribution of €500 in addition to their annual club subscription.
- Cinnamon Café for the fantastic coffee morning which raised a whopping €1,740. All cake and coffee costs were met by Cinnamon and on their day off too! Thank you Anna, Daria and Ella.
- Aghinagh Macra an Feirme for a contribution of €50
- Airtricity for a grant of €1,500
- Cork County Council for a grant of €1,000 for new Playground seating made fully from recycled materials.
- Health & Wellbeing Day in the GAA Hall on Saturday 30 November from 11am to 2pm. Some of the confirmed exhibitors on the day are Mindfulness with Aedamur Kelly, Nutrition with Aidan O Sullivan, Aromatherapy with MariCarmen, Kathleen McAuliffe Healing, Irina Infinite Arts, Capabu, The Sibly Foods. Keep an eye out for further details and please support.
- Millstreet Community Council to donate all profits from upcoming Millstreet 2020 Calendar to the Playground Project. A great gift for Sráiders at home and overseas! Available in local outlets soon.
- Presentation Convent Girls and Scoil Mhuire Boys National Schools to hold their own fundraisers. Great to see the children getting involved in fundraising for their new Playground. Thank you to principals Joan O’Mahony and Frank O’Connor and Parents Association representative Claire Twomey for this initiative.
- Millstreet Coursing Club to hold a quiz night with half of the proceeds to be donated to the Playground Project – details to follow.
We have almost reached the half way point with the fundraising and grants secured to date. Let’s keep it going Millstreet and make our Playground Project come alive in 2020.
TO DONATE: If you wish to make a financial contribution to the Playground Project.
(1) lodge online to Millstreet Town Park bank account at IBAN: IE61 BOFI 9058 0332 1050 69, BIC:BOFIIE2
(2) lodge cash or cheque in person at Millstreet Credit Union – reference Millstreet Town Park account
(3) send a cheque payable to ” Millstreet Town Park ” care of FÁS Offices, Millstreet Community Gym, Millstreet.
If you wish to confirm your contribution or hold your own fundraiser we would be delighted to hear from you at <firstname.lastname@example.org>