Eighteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time – 4th August, 2019
Canon John Fitzgerald P.P.
Tel Nos. Millstreet 029-70043/Mobile 087-7752948
Email: <email> www.dioceseofkerry.ie
PARISH OFFICE OPENING HOURS:
10.00a.m.-1.00p.m. & 2.00p.m.-5.00p.m.
Your prayers are requested for the repose of the souls of the following and for those whose anniversaries occur around this time, and for those for whom masses will be offered during the week:
RECENT DEATHS: Kathleen Duggan, Minor Row & London.
Mass Intentions this Week-end:
Saturday 3rd August:
Millstreet Vigil 6.30 p.m. Denis Healy, Tullig
Sunday 4th August:
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m. John & Bridget Murphy, Ballydaly
Cullen 10.15 a.m. Peg O’Mahony, Knocknageeha & her daughters Theresa Twomey, Rathcoole & Marian Finnerty,
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Peg & Bill Dunne, Murphy’s Terrace
Anniversaries: Hannah Barry, Murphy’s Terrace; Philip O’Shea, Murphy’s Terrace; Jer Lane, Ballinatona; Dan Casey, Carrigacooleen; Jeremiah, Margaret & Mary Dennehy, Mountleader; Liam Barry, Lackabawn; Mary & Michael Buckley, Aubane; John Tarrant, Liscreagh; Michael O’Sullivan, Rathduane; Mary Walsh, Knocknageeha; May Lennon (nee Buckley), Dooneen & Barrow-In-Furness; Julia O’Riordan, Laught; Gavin Tarrant, Rathcoole; Dan & Julia O’Donoghue, Ballineen.
Mass Intentions for next week:
Saturday 10th August:
Millstreet 6.30 p.m. Florrie & Nannie O’Donoghue, Lackabawn
Sunday 11th August:
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m. Peter Dudzik, Poland
Cullen 10.15a.m. Helena Herlihy, Knockane
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Michael O’Sullivan, Rathduane
Millstreet Church: Mass times this week, unless there is a funeral.
There will be no Mass on Monday
Mass on Tuesday for Michael J. Kelleher, Aubane at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Wednesday for People of the Parish at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Thursday at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Friday for Kathleen O’Donoghue, Boston & Lackabawn at 7.30p.m.
Rotas for Next Weekend 10th/11th August
|6.30 p.m.||Catriona Kelleher||Group D|
|11.30 a.m.||Bernie Cronin|
|9.00 a.m.||Joanne Goold||Group F: M. Murphy & T. Neenan|
|10.15 a.m.||Annabella O’Sullivan||Group E|
Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament every Tuesday & Wednesday from 10.30a.m. to 10.30p.m. in the Blessed Sacrament Chapel, Millstreet.
CONFESSIONS: Every Saturday in Millstreet Church 12.30p.m.-1.00p.m.
CULLEN CHURCH: Collector for next weekend (11th): Conor Morley
Mass on next Thursday at 7.30p.m. for Paudie O’Keeffe, Cullen
EUCHARISTIC ADORATION Thursday in Cullen Church 10.00a.m. to 7.00p.m
EUCHARISTIC ADORATION every Saturday in Ballydaly Church from 10.30a.m. to 12.30p.m.
LEGION OF MARY: Meeting on Tuesday night in The Parish Centre at 8.00p.m.
DIOCESAN COLLECTION next weekend (10th/11th) for Pastoral & Retreat Centres
BALLYDALY DIOCESAN COLLECTOR for next weekend: Marie Neenan
DIOCESE OF KERRY: Autumn course in Liturgical Organ Tuition will take place starting in early October. The classes will be one-to-one with Patrick Killeen. Candidates must be over 18 and have attained Grade 4-5 piano. For further details contact Tomas Kenny (086) 3683778 or <email>
- MILLSTREET VINTAGE CLUB wish to thank sincerely everyone who participated and supported their charity Truck run last Sunday. The organising especially thanks those attending 11.30 Mass for their co-operation with parking arrangements and apologise for any inconvenience that it may have caused anyone.
- FUNDRAISING CONCERT in aid of Sudden Adult Death Ireland on this Sunday 4th August in Knocknagree Church at 8.00p.m. Tickets €20 – available from Patsy’s Hair Salon & Lorraine (087) 9710423.
- FUNDRAISING DANCE in aid of the Kerry/Cork Cancer bus on this Sunday 4th August in The Heritage Centre, Scartaglin between 9.00 & 11.30p.m.
- BLOOD DONOR CLINIC next Tuesday (6th August) in Millstreet GAA Hall between 5.00 & 8.30p.m.
- AUBANE COMMUNITY CENTRE: Family fun day on Sunday 11th August at 2.00p.m. Coffee morning in aid of Marymount Hospital & Hospice on Saturday 17th August between 10.30a.m. & 1.30p.m.
- THANK YOU from Millstreet Pitch & Putt Club to everyone who supported their recent Church Gate Collection.
PRAYER FOR MOTORISTS
Let us pray before we take our place behind the wheel, we pray O Sacred heart guide us on our way. Virgin Mary, Morning Star, from every danger guide our cars. Thou dear Lord who gave it to enjoy, grant that its purpose be to save and not destroy. Amen
On this long weekend may we all take care and travel safely on our roads.