Seventh Sunday in Ordinary Time – 24th February, 2019
Canon John Fitzgerald P.P.
Tel Nos. Millstreet 029-70043/Mobile 087-7752948
PARISH OFFICE OPENING HOURS:
10.00a.m.-1.00p.m. & 2.00p.m.-5.00p.m.
Your prayers are requested for the repose of the souls of the following and for those whose anniversaries occur around this time, and for those for whom masses will be offered during the week:
RECENT DEATHS: Eileen Buckley, Liscahane; Sr. Gertrude Flynn, Clonmel.
Mass Intentions this Week-end:
Saturday 23rd February:
Millstreet Vigil 6.30 p.m. Peg O’Keeffe, Drishane Road
Sunday 24th February:
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m. Kathleen Moynihan, Ballydaly
Cullen 10.15 a.m. Timmy, Mary Agnes & the deceased
members of the Regan Family, Nohovaldaly Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Concubhair O’hEalaithe, Drishane Road
Anniversaries: Andrew Hickie, The Square; Maureen Moran, Ballyvouskil; Timothy & Mary Dineen, Carrigacooleen; Seanie Murphy, Cloghoulabeg; Dan Duggan, Claraghatlea; Peter Roche, Drishanebeg; Patrick Dineen, Knocknapogue; Margaret Casey, Tooreenbawn; Jerome Riordan, Dromsicane; Eamonn Cronin, Knockduff; Annie Murphy, Ahane; Tommy O’Mahony, Millstreet & Boherbue; Abina & Denis McCarthy, Fortgrady; Tom Enright, Newcastlewest; Ned & Mary O’Sullivan, Glenleigh. Mass Intentions for next week:
Saturday 2nd March:
Millstreet 6.30 p.m. Julia, Denny & Jerry Kelleher, Cahirdowney
Sunday 3rd March:
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m. John Anthony Murphy, Ballydaly & London
Cullen 10.15a.m. Frank O’Leary, Lissaniska
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Jerome Kelleher, Mallow
Millstreet Church: Mass times this week, unless there is a funeral.
Mass on Monday for Peter Roche, Drishanebeg at 7.30p.m.
Mass on Tuesday for Tom Enright, Strand, Newcastlewest at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Wednesday for the deceased members of the Hickey Family, Kilcommon, Thurles & the Burke Family, Doon, Co. Limerick at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Thursday for Julia & Daniel Duggan, Claraghatlea at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Friday for Brenda & Julia Hartnett, The Bridge at 7.30p.m.
Mass on Saturday for Sheila McGarry, Mountleader (recently deceased) at 10.30a.m.
LEGION OF MARY: Meeting on Tuesday night in The Sacristy at 8.00p.m.
CONFESSIONS: Every Saturday in Millstreet Church 12.30p.m.-1.00p.m.
|Rotas for Next Weekend 2nd/3rd March|
|Millstreet||6.30 p.m.||Padraig Creedon||Group E|
|11.30 a.m.||Jerry Doody|
|Ballydaly||9.00 a.m.||Sharon Lane||Group C|
|Cullen||10.15 a.m.||Marie Morley||Group D|
Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament every Tuesday & Wednesday from 10.30a.m. to 10.30p.m. in the Blessed Sacrament Chapel, Millstreet.
CULLEN CHURCH: Collector for next weekend (3rd): Pat Ryan
Mass on next Thursday at 7.30p.m. for Annie Murphy & the deceased members of the Murphy Family, Ahane.
EUCHARISTIC ADORATION every Thursday in Cullen Church from 10.00a.m. to 7.00p.m. All are welcome. Requests for Prayer & Special Intentions – A box & slips of papers for these intentions can be found at the back of the Church. The box will be then placed on the Adoration Chapel so that people attending can pray for them.
FIRST FRIDAY CALLS: Fr. Fitzgerald will make calls for the month of March during the coming week.
PARISH PASTORAL COUNCIL MEETING on next Monday night (25th) at 8.00p.m. in The Parish Centre.
MILLSTREET ALTAR SOCIETY for 3rd & 10th March: Group C
MILLSTEET CHURCH COLLECTORS for March is Group 2. Vigil Mass: J. Sheehan, M. Lane, M. Cahill & Mgt. Corkery. 11.30a.m. J. B. Kelleher, P. O’Connor, J. Buckley, N. Twomey & J. O’Mahony.
CONFIRMATION PLEDGE: Parents of Confirmation Candidates are reminded that those receiving Confirmation this year will take their Confirmation Pledge during Masses next weekend. Children from Millstreet & Cloghoula will take their Confirmation Pledge during Vigil Mass on next Saturday 2nd March & children from Cullen will take it during Mass next Sunday morning 3rd March. The Pledge is optional and parents are encouraged to discuss it with their children.
- MILLSTREET VINTAGE CLUBinvite you to see “The Red Bull” Formula 1 racing car on this Sunday between 11.00 & 2.00p.m. in the Square.
- “WOMEN HOLD UP HALF THE SKY” – Coffee morning for active retired ladies – Millstreet Parish Centre on next Thursday 28thFebruary between 10.30 & 12 noon (hosted by Millstreet Community School TY Development Education Group)
- COPE FOUNDATION will hold annual Church gate collection in Ballydaly, Cullen & Millstreet on next weekend 2nd& 3rd
- AUBANE SOCIAL CLUB: Afternoon Tea Dance on Sunday10thMarch between 3.00 & 5.30p.m. at Aubane Community Centre. Music by Peter Lane.
- THANK YOU: Enable Ireland wish to thank all those who so generously contributed to their Church gate collection last weekend.
- HEALING WEEKEND:A weekend of Praise, Worship & Healing in the Rochestown Park Hotel, Cork will take place on 9th & 10th Mass & confessions on both days. Speakers include Maria Vadia Florida & Fr. John Keane, Macroom. Commencing at 9.00a.m. both days. Admission is free. Enquiries to (087) 2405568