Thirteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time – 1st July, 2018
CANON JOHN FITZGERALD P.P.
TEL NOS. MILLSTREET 029-70043/MOBILE 087-7752948
EMAIL: <email> DIOCESEOFKERRY.IE
PARISH OFFICE OPENING HOURS:
10.00A.M.-1.00P.M. & 2.00P.M.-5.00P.M.
Your prayers are requested for the repose of the souls of the following and for those whose anniversaries occur around this time:
MASS INTENTIONS THIS WEEK-END:
Millstreet Vigil 6.30 p.m. John & the deceased members of the Kelleher Family, Lackabawn.
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m. Christy Philpott, Ballydaly
Cullen 10.15 a.m. Matty O’Leary, Milleen
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Michael, Judy & Stephen O’Riordan, Kippagh
ANNIVERSARIES: Thomas, Mary & Catherine Barrett, Killowen; Mick Kelleher, Killowen; Patrick Murphy, Flintfield; Sheila McSweeney, Murphy’s Terrace; Charles Barry, Murphy’s Terrace; Denis Healy, Killarney Road; Eugie O’Connell, Dooneen; Abbey O’Regan, Ballydaly; Eddie O’Sullivan, Lyreaoune; Michael & Ellsie Barry, Clondrohid; Cornelius O’Mahony, Laught; Fr. Batty Desmond, Carriganima; Fr. Brendan O’Hare, Cloghoulamore & USA; Paddy & Nora O’Connell, London; Joan Daly, Mallow.
Mass Intentions for next week:
Saturday 7th July:
Millstreet 6.30 p.m. Tim Kiely, The Bridge
Sunday 8th July:
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m. Nora Horgan, Ballydaly
Cullen 10.15a.m. Margaret O’Mahony, Knocknageeha &
her daughter Theresa Twomey, Rathcoole Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Bridie & Con Keane, Drimoleague &
Peggy & Con Lane, Cahridowney
Millstreet Church: Mass times this week, unless there is a funeral.
Mass on Monday for Hannah & Charles Barry, Murphy’s Terrace at 7.30p.m.
Mass on Tuesday for those buried in Churchyard & Cillin Cemeteries at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Wednesday for Denis Healy, Killarney Road at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Thursday for Joan Fitzpatrick, Canon O’Donovan Centre & Dromtariffe at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Friday for Denis Kelleher, Aubane at 7.30p.m.
Mass on Saturday for Paddy Joe Cotter, Liscahane (recently deceased) at 10.00a.m
Rotas for Next Weekend 7th/8th July
CHURCH TIME READER
6.30 p.m. Aideen Buckley Group B 11.30 a.m. Sr. Peter Fahy
9.00 a.m. Denis O’Brien Group E
10.15 a.m. Liam Fitzgerald Group E
Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament every Tuesday & Wednesday from 10.30a.m. to 10.30p.m. in the Blessed Sacrament Chapel, Millstreet.
CONFESSIONS: Every Saturday in Millstreet Church 12.30p.m.-1.00p.m.
CULLEN CHURCH: Collector for next weekend (8th): Dan O’Sullivan
Mass on next Thursday at 7.30p.m. for Nora Mary Murphy, Lislehane & New York.
EUCHARISTIC ADORATION every Thursday in Cullen Church from 10.00a.m. to 7.00p.m. All are welcome.
LEGION OF MARY: Meeting on Tuesday night in The Parish Centre at 8.00p.m.
MILLSTREET ALTAR SOCIETY for July 8th & 15th: Group D
WORLD MEETING OF FAMILIES
FINAL MASS 26th AUGUST
Tickets for the Final Mass are still available for booking on the World Meeting of Families website – wwww.worldmeeting2018.ie. If you require any assistance or have any queries you can contact our Parish Office.
At a recent Area Pastoral meeting it was felt that the train would offer the best means of travel to the Papal Mass. We note that there are still seats available from Rathmore, Millstreet & Mallow and we would encourage those who intend to travel to book their tickets immediately. As of now there are no extra trains being advertised for this event.
- CULLEN & DISTRICT SPEICAL NEEDS committee meeting on this Monday (2nd) at 8.00p.m.
- ANNUAL HARVEST AFTERNOON in Cullen on Sunday 15th July. Featuring old time threshing, vintage display, children’s sports & much more. All offers of help appreciated.
- SOAP BOX RACE: Sunday 22nd July at 2.0p.m in Mountleader Industrial Estate organised by Millstreet Mens Shed. Contact Bertie (087) 6793841 or Ivor (087) 3633210
- THANK YOU to everyone who supported the Millstreet GAA Juvenile church gate collection last weekend. Your continued support is greatly appreciated.
- FUNDRAISING CONCERT for Brosna Church Restoration Fund on Friday 13th July in The Square Brosna – featuring Mike Denver & Lisa McHugh. Tickets €25 each – available in Millstreet Parish Office.
- ANNUAL LIZ LUCEY Memorial Vintage Run, Walk & Cycle in aid of Marymount Hospice will take place on Sunday 8th July in Inchigeela. Registration at 9.00a.m for 75km route all others at 11.30a.m.