A truly magnificent range of wonderful language and cultural presentations took place at the annual event in Millstreet Community School on Thursday, 10th May 2018. It was covered by TG4 for the television series “Guth an Phobail” for later transmission. John Tarrant covered it for the “Corkman” while we were there for our Millstreet website. Here we share a selection of images from the occasion which was a splendid credit to the participants and the organisers where our Irish Culture was creatively included in the wonderful mixture of global enriching cultures. More images to follow in a future feature. Click on the pictures to enlarge. (S.R.) [read more …] “Superb Language & Culture Night Filmed by TG4 at MCS”
O’Flynn Medical is recruiting for the below position.
Financial Controller / Accountant
The position holder will play a lead role in the finance team, analysing P&L spend and reviewing business performance
- Provide leadership to the company’s financial and accounting strategy
- Ensuring that the company’s financial systems and procedures are robust, compliant and position the organisation for future growth
- Responsibility for negotiating financing arrangements for the organisation
- Processing supplier invoices and customer invoices
- Liaise with suppliers and customers regarding queries on accounts
- Preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Responsibility for organisation of annual stock take
- Responsibility for collection of debtors accounts
- Preparation of company budgets, forecasts and implementing budgetary controls
- Preparation for annual accounts for company audit
- Responsibility for payroll, VAT and P30 returns
- All other duties as assigned
- Highly motivated and hard working attitude
- 4+ years experience in a similar type role
- Good familiarity with accountancy packages (SAGE)
- Knowledge of intra community acquisitions
- Strong Sage, Thesaurus payroll, excel & word skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ambitious with ability to multi-task
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as ability to work on own initiative
- Full or part time position will be considered for this role for the successful applicant.
All interested applicants – please submit CV and cover letter to deirdre@ oflynnmedical.com. Closing date for submissions is 16th May 2018. OFlynnMedical.com
The Railway Preservation Society of Ireland will be visiting Kerry this weekend with their “Cork and Kerry” International Railtour.
Worth going to see, the #85 steam locomotive will stop in Millstreet on Sunday from 14:20 – 14:30 !
Also, the No. 4 locomotive will pass through Millstreet on Saturday at 16:04, and again on Sunday at 9:04. while the #85 will also pass through on Monday at 09:06.
The very best of luck to Jenny Schmiedel who is taking part in the World Pole Dance Championships in Tianjin, China, next Monday (May 14th). Jenny, moved with her family years ago from Germany to Kilcorney, and wanted to do the exotic sport from the time she was a teenager, and her move to college in Cork gave her the chance she wanted.
Now she has achieved her dream of opening her own studio near CIT at EM Fitness and Nutrition where she gives pole dancing classes to all ages ranging from teens up to those in their 50’s and older.