SERVICE ENGINEER JOB DESCRIPTION.
Rota Industries Limited, based at Mallow Road, Kanturk, Co. Cork is engaged in the distribution, service and repair of a wide range of industrial sweeping and surface cleaning equipment. It’s customers are located countrywide with a large proportion in the Dublin region.
The company’s growing business requires an additional service engineer. The requirements of the job are varied and the following is a broad summary:
- Repair, and service all machinery and equipment in the Rota range of products.
- Prepare detailed reports on all work done and further work to be carried out on each machine.
- Ensure that any parts required are ordered or are available in stock.
- Conduct safety checks on all machines on site belonging to the Rota Group.
- Manage the inventory of equipment required for repair work.
- Asess machines to decide on further repair or referral to management for replacement.
- Study technical manuals and attend training sessions provided by equipment manufactures to maintain current knowledge
The background experience to meet the job requirements are:
- Hold valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Experience of diagnostics and repairing mechanical, battery power equipment (and small diesel and petrol engines).
- Experience in troubleshooting and responding to customer concerns.
- Proficient level of computer skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills with the ability to communicate complex technical issues in an easy to understand manner.
- Excellent fluency in written and spoken English.
- Strong time management skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to multi- task activities with shifting priorities, including machine demonstration.
The job will entail regular overnights away from base.