FIRST SUNDAY OF LENT – 18th FEBRUARY, 2018
CANON JOHN FITZGERALD P.P.
TEL NOS. MILLSTREET 029-70043/MOBILE 087-7752948
EMAIL: <email> WWW.DIOCESEOFKERRY.IE
PARISH OFFICE OPENING HOURS:
10.00a.m.-1.00p.m. & 2.00p.m.-5.00p.m.
Your prayers are requested for the repose of the souls of the following and for those whose anniversaries occur around this time:
MASS INTENTIONS FOR THIS WEEK-END:
Saturday 17th February:
Millstreet Vigil 6.30 p.m. Bridget & James Burke, Murphy’s Terrace & their daughters Breda Hickey & Sheila Doocey
Sunday 18th February:
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m.
Cullen 10.15 a.m. Tim O’Regan, Nohovaldaly
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Jerome O’Riordan, Dromsicane
ANNIVERSARIES: Sr. Florence O’Sullivan, Drishane; Joe Buckley, Ballinatona; Betsy Murphy, Killarney Road; James O’Byrne, West End; Annie Murphy, Ahane; Alice O’Sullivan, Lisnaboy; Sr. Paul Murphy, Lisnaboy; Estie Cashman & her daughters, Michelle & Kathleen, London; Billy Hickey, Thurles; Desmond Kelleher, Kilmeedy & Australia; Catherine Hickey, Ballydaly & Cork; Abina & Denis McCarthy, FortgradY
MASS INTENTIONS FOR NEXT WEEK:
Saturday 24th February:
Millstreet 6.30 p.m. Peg O’Keeffe, Drishane Road
Sunday 25th February:
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m.
Cullen 10.15a.m. Nora Fleming, Meenagloherane & the deceased members of the Fleming family Millstreet
11.30 a.m. Peter Roche, Drishanebeg
Millstreet Church: Mass times this week, unless there is a funeral.
Mass on Monday for Sr. Florence O’Sullivan, Drishane at 7.30p.m.
Mass on Tuesday for Patsy McSweeney, Ballinkeane & Rathcoole at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Wednesday for Billy Hickey, Thurles at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Thursday at 10.00a.m.
Friday: Stations of the Cross at 7.00p.m. followed by Mass for Patrick & Kitty McCarthy, Donoughmore and James & Julia Cotter, Mill Lane at 7.30p.m.
Rotas for Next Weekend 24th/25th February
|6.30 p.m.||Micheal Gleeson||Group A|
|11.30 a.m.||Eileen O’Sullivan|
|9.00 a.m.||Sharon Lane||Group E|
|10.15 a.m.||Marie Walsh||Group G|
Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament every Tuesday & Wednesday from 10.30a.m. to 10.30p.m. in the Blessed Sacrament Chapel, Millstreet.
CONFESSIONS: Every Saturday in Millstreet Church 12.30p.m.-1.00p.m.
CULLEN CHURCH: Collector for next weekend (25th): Jerry O’Sullivan
Mass on next Thursday at 7.30p.m. for Annie Murphy & the deceased members of the Murphy Family, Ahane
EUCHARISTIC ADORATION every Thursday in Cullen Church from 10.00a.m. to 7.00p.m. All are welcome.
LEGION OF MARY: Meeting on Tuesday night in The Parish Centre at 8.00p.m.
DROMTARIFFE PARISH PASTORAL COUNCIL invites you to join them at 7.30p.m. Mass on Saturday 24th February where Micheál O’Muircheartaigh will give a special talk entitled “What my faith has meant to me”
KERRY DIOCESE LENTEN PROGRAMME 2018: Tralee Pastoral Area will host an open talk with Bishop Kevin Doran speaking on the Christian Vision of Family on Monday next 19th February in St. John’s Parish Church at 7.30p.m. Killarney Pastoral Area will host Br. Padraig McIntyre OSB on Thursday 22nd at 8.00p.m. in the Killarney Heights Hotel the theme will be Finding ourselves in the Lenten Jesus. Admission free on both nights.
- MILLSTREET COMMUNITY COUNCIL AGM will be held on Tuesday 20th February in The Wallis Arms at 8.00p.m. All welcome.
- MILLSTREET ARA: Annual General Meeting on Wednesday 21st February in Canon O’Donovan Centre at 7.00p.m.
- MILLSTREET JUVENILE GAA CLUB: Annual General meeting on next Thursday 22nd in Parish Centre at 8.00p.m.
- MILLSTREET GOLF SOCIETY: Annual General meeting on next Thursday 22nd at 9.30p.m. in The Bridge Bar.
- CULLEN CHURCH CHOIR: Practice commencing on Wednesday 21st February at 7.45p.m. New members welcome.
- THANK YOU from Anna Buckley to the many musicians and all those who attended her fundraising concert last Saturday night. Your support is greatly appreciated.
- DROMTARIFFE PARISH RETREAT in Ardfert on Saturday 3rd For details contact Patricia (086) 0819791
- PUBLIC MEETING AND INFORMATION NIGHT on the 8th Amendment will be held in the Rose Hotel Tralee on Saturday 25th February at 6.00p.m.
THOUGHT FOR THE WEEK:
WORLD MEETING OF FAMILIES
The family is a good that society cannot do without and ought to be perfected.
— Pope Francis