SIXTH sUNDAY IN ORDINARY TIME – 11th February, 2018
CANON JOHN FITZGERALD P.P.
TEL NOS. MILLSTREET 029-70043/MOBILE 087-7752948
EMAIL: <email> DIOCESEOFKERRY.IE
PARISH OFFICE OPENING HOURS:
10.00am-1.00pm & 2.00pm-5.00pm
Your prayers are requested for the repose of the souls of the following and for those whose anniversaries occur around this time, and for those for whom masses will be offered during the week:
RECENT DEATHS: John Roche, Blackwater, Co. Wexford.
MASS INTENTIONS THIS WEEK-END:
Saturday 10th February:
Millstreet Vigil 6.30 p.m. Pauline & Dan Lyons, Dooneen
Sunday 11th February:
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m. Nellie White, Tubber
Cullen 10.15 a.m. Mary O’Mahony, Meenagloherane
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Donal & Nora Murphy, Killarney Road. Mary Horgan, Cork & the deceased members of the Murphy family
ANNIVERSARIES: Maurice Murray-O’Callaghan, The Square; Pat Joe Kelleher, Pound Hill; William, Elizabeth & Vincent McSweeney, Flintfield; Anne Murphy, John & Mary O’Sullivan, Aubane; Denis Murphy, Coolinarne; Timothy Kelleher, Lislehane; Mary & Neily O’Sullivan, Lyreaoune; Jerome Kelleher, Mallow; Concubhar (Con) Lucey, Coachford & Carrigadrohid.
Mass Intentions for next week:
Saturday 17th February:
Millstreet 6.30 p.m. Bridget & James Burke, Murphy’s Terrace & their daughters – Breda Hickey &
Sheila “Judy” Doocey.
Sunday 18th February:
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m.
Cullen 10.15a.m. Tim O’Regan, Nohovaldaly
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Jerome O’Riordan, Dromsicane
Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament every Tuesday & Wednesday from 10.30a.m. to 10.30p.m. in the Blessed Sacrament Chapel, Millstreet.
CONFESSIONS: Every Saturday in Millstreet Church 12.30p.m.-1.00p.m.
LEGION OF MARY: Meeting on Tuesday night in The Parish Centre at 8.00p.m.
MILLSTREET ALTAR SOCIETY for 18th & 25th February: Group F
Rotas for Next Weekend 17th/18th February
|6.30 p.m.||Catriona Kelleher||Group E|
|11.30 a.m.||Liam Burke|
|9.00 a.m.||Josephine Murphy||Group D|
|10.15 a.m.||Dominic Cronin||Group F|
Millstreet Church: Mass times this week, unless there is a funeral.
Mass on Monday for Pat Joe Kelleher, Pound Hill at 7.30p.m.
Mass on Tuesday for People of the Parish at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Wednesday (Ash Wednesday) and distribution of Ashes at 10.00a.m. & 7.30p.m.
Mass on Thursday for Julia & Daniel Duggan, Claraghatlea at 10.00a.m.
Friday: Stations of the Cross at 7.00p.m. followed by Mass for Agnes Kiely, The Bridge at 7.30p.m.
Mass on Saturday for Chrissie Mullane, Dromnahilla (recently deceased) at 10.30a.m.
CULLEN CHURCH: Collector for next weekend (18th): Michael Forde
Mass on next Wednesday (Ash Wednesday) at 7.30p.m.with distribution of Ashes for Eileen Murphy, Tanyard Wood & Gloutane.
EUCHARISTIC ADORATION Thursday in Cullen Church 10.00a.m. to 7.00p.m.
DROMTARIFFE PARISH PASTORAL COUNCIL invites you to join them at 7.30p.m. Mass on Saturday 24th February where Micheál O’Muircheartaigh will give a special talk entitled “What my faith has meant to me”
- MILLSTREET GRAMOPHONE CIRCLE: This month’s presentation will take place on next Friday (16th) at 8.15p.m. in the Canon O’Donovan Centre. Guest presenter is Maura Sheehan, Boherbue.
- CULLEN & DISTRICT SPECIAL NEEDS ASSOCIATION: Annual weigh-in continues on Monday nights in Cullen.
- THANK YOU: Millstreet Day-Care Centre directors & management wish to thank everybody for their kind generosity at the annual Church Gate collection last weekend, also many thanks to all the collectors & organisers for their help. All funds generated go directly to Millstreet Day-Care centre.
- SHAVE OR DYE FUNDRAISER: in The Bush Bar on Saturday 17th February at 8.00p.m. in aid of Celina O’Mahony who will travel to India to carry out 10 weeks volunteer work.
- MILLSTREET LIBRARY: A series of Creative Writing workshops will be held in Millstreet library, classes are free of charge but places are limited. If you would like to attend contact the library on (029) 21920 or email library@corkcoco,ie
- MILLSTREET COMMUNITY COUNCIL AGM will be held on Tuesday 20th February in The Wallis Arms at 8.00p.m. All welcome.
Thought for the week as Pope Francis invites you to celebrate St. Valentine’s Day:
“Growing in love together is an art, a patient, beautiful, fascinating, journey. It does not end once you have won each other’s love……Rather, it is precisely there where it begins.” (Pope Francis–St. Valentine’s Day 2014)