Dia is Mhuire díobh go léir a chairde, agus welcome to my Millstreet Report.
It’s only a few days away now and spirits are rising high here in Millstreet as we look forward to the finals of the Millstreet got Talent Competition, which will be held at the Wallis Arms Hotel on Friday night next, January 26th. There is a fine line-out of stars, all intent on going away with some of the generous prize money of €800, sponsored by Millstreet Community Council.
The following is the list –
- Gerard O Hanlon , representing by Colemans.
- Ml. Doyle,Conor Crowley and Denis McSweeney, representing Dennehy Transport.
- Sarah Dennehey Representing the Camogie Club.
- Laura Dunlea and Patrick Flynn, Representing McCarthy’s Bar.
- Emily O Connell, Representing The Bush Bar.
- Conor, Donal and James Representing Linehans Garage.
- Declan Healy, RepresentingThe Pub in Carriginma.
After the interval we have.
- Muireann Buckley Representing Noel C Duggans.
- Anna Buckley and Leah Murphy, Representing The Camogie Club.
- Marie O Neil, Darragh Twomey and Edel O Keeffe Representing the Athletic Club.
- Daniel Kelleher, representing The Pub In Carriganima.
- Sinead Guiney,representing The Coursing Club.
- Niamh Sheehan, representing Millstreet Community Council.
Noel Buckley will be the MC for the night and it promises to be an event not to be missed. Admission, is €5, and it starts at 9pm.
A very important Crime Prevention meeting will be held at the Wallis Arms Hotel on Tuesday Feb, 6th starting at 8 Information of Personal Alarms for the Elderly will be included. Please ensure that this meeting is well attended and be prepared to bring all the information from it, home to those who cannot be there.
The weekly Weigh-In continues in Cullen every Monday night. Last night 55 people weighed and 96 pounds weight was lost. And be reminded that they have jiving sessions after the weighing every week,
Well done to Michael Thornton who walked the entire Bearra Brefni Way, to coincide with the epic walk to O’Sullivan Bear in January, 1604.
The Marian Players in Rathmore are all set to open their annual Panto, which is The Pied Piper, this year, on this Saturday Jan. 27th ,and will continue on Feb. 1,3,& 4, at the their local Community Centre. For details contact 064 775 85 26.
IRD Duhallow are about to erect new colourful signs on five of the main approach roads to our town,in the near future.
Our state of the art recycling centre is open Monday and Thursdays from 9am to 4.30pm and on Saturdays from 9am to 1pm. And the staff are most courteous and helpful.
Here are the results of this week’s lotto Draw which was held at the Mal Passo Bar on Sunday Night. Numbers drawn were 5,7,15,22 ,and the Jackpot was not won. €100 went to Cool Dude , the seller was Michelle Whelan & she got €50 sellers prize, €50 went to Mary Kelleher, Ceim. €20 each to Sorcha Dowling c/o Patsy Mac. Bina OMahony,Knocknagree. Mighty two, Tim & Kate. Carmel Hinchion ,Ballygiblin. Caroline & Darrah Heelan c/o McCarthys Bar. Con. O Leary,Carriginma. Margaret Corkery,Liscahane, & Bertie Ahern c/o the Mal Passo. Jackpot for next week €8,400 the draw at McCarthy’s Bar on Sunday night.
Masses at 10am each morning this week, except on Friday when Mass will be at 7.30pm for the deseased members of the Town Park Committee.
45Drive every Tuesday night at 9 at the Canon O’Donovan Centre. Knitting Club every Tuesday night at the Adult Learning Centre from 7 to 9 and all are welcome.
Please be reminded that this report can be heard live on 103.ie.
Agus sinn a bfuil a cairde, Beannacht De libh go leir.