Third Sunday in Ordinary Time – 21st January, 2018
CANON JOHN FITZGERALD P.P.
TEL NOS. MILLSTREET 029-70043/MOBILE 087-7752948
EMAIL: <email> WWW.DIOCESEOFKERRY.IE
PARISH OFFICE OPENING HOURS:
10.00A.M.-1.00P.M. & 2.00P.M.-5.00P.M.
Your prayers are requested for the repose of the souls of the following and
RECENT DEATHS: Chrissie Mullane, Dromnahilla; John Patsy Lane, Newmarket
MASS INTENTIONS THIS WEEK-END:
Saturday 20th January:
Millstreet Vigil 6.30 p.m. Joan, Margaret, John & Eileen Duggan, West End
Sunday 21st January:
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m. The deceased members of the Moynihan Family, Lyreaoune
Cullen 10.15 a.m. Michael Herlihy, Knockane
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Meg Kelleher, Aubane & Jack Collins, Ballincollig
ANNIVERSARIES: Theresa McCarthy, Kilmeedy; Daniel & Margaret Barry, Lackabawn; Patie O’Mahony, Tanyard; Hannie Murphy, Cockhill; Nora & Danjoe Carroll, Tullig; Bina & Timmy Duggan, West End; Kate Kelleher, Murphy’s Terrace; Alex Ryan, Old Coach Avenue; Tade Mullane, Curragh; Joan & the deceased members of the O’Leary Family, Mologhroe; John Hickey, Lisnaboy; Art, Jackie & Margaret O’Connor, Nohovaldaly; Timothy & Bridget Nugent, Dromcollogher; Tade & Mary Murphy, Knocknagree; Kitty McSweeney, Rathcoole.
Mass Intentions for next week:
Saturday 27th January:
Millstreet 6.30 p.m. Kathleen Corcoran, Dooneen
Sunday 28th January:
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m. Dick Pomeroy, Clara
Cullen 10.15a.m. Ellen & Tim Houlihan, Cullen & their daughter Margaret O’Connell & Vinny Browne Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Sonny & Anna Marie Murphy, Clarabeg
Millstreet Church: Mass times this week, unless there is a funeral.
Mass on Monday for People of the Parish at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Tuesday for Alex Ryan, Old Coach Avenue at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Wednesday for Hannie Murphy, Cockhill at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Thursday (Private Intention) at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Friday for the deceased members of the MillstreetTown Park Committee at 7.30p.m.
Rotas for Next Weekend 27th/28th January
|6.30 p.m.||Eimear Buckley||Group B|
|11.30 a.m.||Bernie Cronin|
|9.00 a.m.||Maeve O’Sullivan||Group F|
|10.15 a.m.||Aisling O’Riordan||Group C|
Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament every Tuesday & Wednesday from 10.30a.m. to 10.30p.m. in the Blessed Sacrament Chapel, Millstreet.
CONFESSIONS: Every Saturday in Millstreet Church 12.30p.m.-1.00p.m.
CULLEN CHURCH: Collector for next weekend (28th): Jerome Ryan
Mass on next Thursday at 7.30p.m. for James Hickey, Meenskehy
PLEASE NOTE THERE IS NO EXPOSITION IN CULLEN NEXT THURSDAY
LEGION OF MARY: Meeting on Tuesday night in The Parish Centre at 8.00p.m.
- MILLSTREET VINTAGE CLUB invite you for coffee & chat to the Aroma Café at 11.00a.m.on this Sunday (21st) to celebrate 50 years of the Ford Escort
- ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING of Millstreet Camogie Club will take place on Monday night (22nd) in The Parish Centre at 8.30p.m.
- FINAL OF MILLSTREET COMMUNITY TALENT competition takes place on Friday 26th January in the Wallis Arms at 9.00p.m. Admission €5. Your support is appreciated.
- ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING of Millstreet Town Park will take place on next Friday (26th ) at 8.00p.m. in the Canon O’Donovan Centre.
- CULLEN NATIONAL SCHOOL: Enrolment forms for new entrants in September 2018 are available on the school website (cullenns.ie) of can be collected from the school office. Forms to be returned to school before 31st January.
- CULLEN & DISTRICT SPECIAL NEEDS ASSOCIATION: Annual weigh-in continues on Monday nights in Cullen. Jiving classes at 8.00p.m. All welcome.
- THANK YOU to all who supported the recent Church gate collection for Epilepsy Ireland. Total collected €858.00
- MARIAN PLAYERS RATHMORE PANTO – “The Pied Piper” will open on Saturday 27th January at 7.30p.m. and continue on 31st January, 1st, 3rd & 4th February in Rathmore Community Centre. For information and booking at (064) 7758526.
- DAY OF RECOLLECTION IN ST. BENEDICT’S PRIORY, COBH on Saturday 27th January between 9.00 & 3.00p.m. The theme is “Seeking God in Family/Community Life” with the Servant of God, Marie Adele Garnier, through her writings”. For further details: (021) 4811354
- ARDFERT RETREAT CENTRE: Desert Spirituality – “Taking time out, slowing the pace” by Anne Alcock on Sat. 10th Feb; The Jesus Prayer by Bishop Brendan Comiskey on Saturday 17th Feb (open to all) & Sunday 18th Feb (this is a special day for those in AA/Recovery). Ministry in the Church by Bishop (Emeritus) Bill Murphy, open to all parish readers, Eucharistic ministers & parish personnel in the Kerry Diocese on Thursday 22nd Feb at 7.00p.m. For further details and bookings of the above items contact Ardfert Retreat Centre (066) 7134276