From where she first looked on the bright lamp of day
The Pride of Kilcorney she lives far away
She lived in the house by the silver tongued rill
Babbling down from the high fields by Mushera Hill
With shoulder length wavy raven hair and chestnut brown eyes
Such beauty that to songs and stories gives rise
One young man in Kilcorney for lost love does grieve
That she will return to Kilcorney he no longer believe
She left Kilcorney some eight years ago
And he has not heard from her for five years or so
Rumor has it in Australia she is a mother and wife
And quite happy and content in her new way of life
A young man in Kilcorney thinks of her every day
But then such is life as some are known to say.
Dia is Mhuire diobh go leir a cairde and welcome.
There is a meeting at McCarthy’s Bar tonight organised by the Community Council to further plan the Millstreet Talent Festival. It starts at 8.30. Please take note of the change of venue. The Council are pleased at the amount of public interest in the venture, and tonight’s meeting is all about the way ahead so please support it well.
My apologies for not being with you last week, I was swept away by the ghosts and ghouls of Halloween.
The changing of the time has made our dark evenings seem very very long and the wet weather doesn’t help, so it is more important now than ever that we find some pleasant ways of passing the long evenings. It’s good to know that there’s lots to choose from. The pubs and the clubs are pulling out all the stops to out do one another. [read more …] “Eily’s Report – 7th November”
- “Walking back to Happiness” – 60’s and 70’s Music Show – Saturday November 11th at 8:30pm – Riverside Park Hotel Macroom … [details]
- Aonghus McAnally – Celebrating Christy Hennessy – Saturday November 18th at 8:00pm – Riverside Park Hotel Macroom … [details]
- Paddy O’ Brien in Concert, plus Special Guests John Hogan & Trudi Lalor – 23rd November at 8:30pm – Riverside Park Hotel … [details]
- Alleluia Concert! – Hymns Celebrating The Faith of Our Fathers – Sunday 26th November at 8:00pm – Supporting St. Colman’s New Church Organ. Featuring Linda Kenny (Soprano) & Ryan Morgan … [details]
- Ruaile Buaile in Concert – Saturday December 2nd 10:00pm – an over 18’s event [deails]