PARISH NEWSLETTER for BALLYDALY-CULLEN-MILLSTREET
The Transfiguration of the Lord – 6th August, 2017
Canon John Fitzgerald P.P.
Tel Nos. Millstreet 029-70043/Mobile 087-7752948
Email: <email> dioceseofkerry.ie
PARISH OFFICE OPENING HOURS:
10.00a.m.-1.00p.m. & 2.00p.m.-5.00p.m.
Your prayers are requested for the repose of the souls of the following and for those whose anniversaries occur around this time, and for those for whom masses will be offered during the week:
RECENT DEATHS: Noel McSweeney, Knocknageeha
Mass Intentions this Week-end:
Saturday 5th August:
Millstreet Vigil 6.30 p.m. Rita Hickey, West End
Sunday 6th August:
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m. Bridget & John O’Leary, Gortavehy
Cullen 10.15 a.m. Kathleen, J.J. & James O’Mahony, Clonakilty
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Michael O’Sullivan, Rathduane
Anniversaries: Mary Todd, Canon O’Donovan Centre; Hannah Barry, Murphy’s Terrace; Philip O’Shea, Murphy’s Terrace; Humphrey O’Donoghue, Aubane; Hugh Kelleher, Killowen; Jer Lane, Ballinatona; Liam Barry, Lackabawn; Kathleen Murphy, Coolinarne; Bridget Murphy, Ballydaly; Fr. Dermot Nash, Cullen; Timothy Kelleher, Lislehane; Mary Walsh, Knocknageeha; Dan & Julia O’Donoghue, Ballineen; Maurice & Mary O’Donoghue, Coventry & Caherbarnagh; Dan & Julia Twomey, Kilcorney; Monica O’Connor, Scartaglin; Gavin Tarrant, Rathcoole; Denny Hickey, England & Gortnacreeha.
Mass Intentions for next week:
Saturday 12th August:
Millstreet 6.30 p.m. Kathleen Kerwick (nee O’Donoghue),
Boston & Lackabawn
Sunday 13th August:
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m. Mass for People of the Parish
Cullen 10.15a.m. Helena Herlihy, Knockane
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Peg & Bill Dunne, Murphy’s Terrace
Millstreet Church: Mass times this week, unless there is a funeral.
There will be no Mass on Monday
Mass on Tuesday for People of the Parish at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Wednesday for Joan Fitzpatrick, Dromagh (recently deceased) at 10.00.m.
Mass on Thursday for Ann & Dan Kelleher, Finnanefield at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Friday for Denis & Abina Lehane, Gneeves at 7.30p.m.
CONFESSIONS: Every Saturday in Millstreet Church 12.30p.m.-1.00p.m.
LEGION OF MARY: Meeting on Tuesday night in The Parish Centre at 8.00p.m.
Rotas for Next Weekend 12th/13th August
|6.30 p.m.||Padraig Creedon||Group C|
|11.30 a.m.||Jerry Doody|
|9.00 a.m.||Ann Marie Murphy||Group B|
|10.15 a.m.||Tom O’Riordan||Group F|
Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament every Tuesday & Wednesday from 10.30a.m. to 10.30p.m. in the Blessed Sacrament Chapel, Millstreet.
CULLEN CHURCH: Collector for next weekend (13th): Conor Morley
Mass on next Thursday at 7.30p.m. for Denis Murphy, Lyreaoune.
EUCHARISTIC ADORATION every Thursday in Cullen Church from 10.00a.m. to 7.00p.m. All are welcome. .
DIOCESAN COLLECTION: next weekend for Pastoral & Retreat Centres
BALLYDALY DIOCESAN COLLECTOR: Betty O’Regan
KERRY DIOCESAN PILGRIMAGE TO LOURDES led by Bishop Ray Browne 2nd-7th September ex Kerry Airport. Some seats available. Contact Janice (064) 7758219 or email: <email>
PARISH FINANCE COUNCIL MEETING next Tuesday 8th August at 8.00p.m in The Presbytery
MASS BOOKINGS FOR 2018:
The diary for the bookings of Masses for next year is now open. Families are encouraged to include their deceased family members in one Mass
- ANNUAL BALLDALY COFFEE MORNING in aid of Marymount Hospice in the home of Con & Nono O’Connor, Ballydaly on next Saturday 12th August between 11.00 & 1.00p.m.
- MILLSTREET PITCH & PUTT wishes to thank all those who contributed to their recent Church Gate Collection.
- PUBLIC ROSARY in Aubane Community Centre on Monday 7th August at 8.00p.m.
- LITTLE TREASURES are holding a summer camp from 14th – 18th 9.00-12 noon each day. Places limited to please contact Rena on (087) 9262842 if you are interested.
- MARY IMMACULATE COLLEGE ALUMNI REUNION 2017: for those who graduated in 1957, 1962, 1967, 1972, 1977, 1982, 1987, 1992, 1997, 2002, 2007 & 2012 on 7th October from 1.30 – 5.00p.m. Contact <email> and put “Class reunion” in the subject line.
- ARDFERT RETREAT CENTRE: Human & Religious Development as Catholic Christians with Fr. Sean Sheehy for 8 weeks on Wednesday’s commencing 20th “The Practice of Lectio Divina” with Fr. Brendan Clifford for 2 weeks on Thursday 20th September and 5th October 7.00-9.30p.m. Contact (066) 7134276.
- EVENING of traditional music in Ionad Culturtha Ballyvourney at 8.00p.m. on Thursday 10th. Ticket €10 available on the night.
- WELCOME to all our national & international visitors this week and we wish you a safe journey home.
- THOUGHT FOR THE WEEK AHEAD: There will always be a reason why you meet people. Either you need them to change your life or you’re the one that will change theirs.