PARISH NEWSLETTER for BALLYDALY-CULLEN-MILLSTREET
Thirteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time – 2nd July, 2017
Canon John Fitzgerald P.P.
Tel Nos. Millstreet 029-70043/Mobile 087-7752948
Email: <email> dioceseofkerry.ie
PARISH OFFICE OPENING HOURS:
10.00a.m.-1.00p.m. & 2.00p.m.-5.00p.m.
Your prayers are requested for the repose of the souls of the following and for those whose anniversaries occur around this time, and for those for whom masses will be offered during the week:
Mass Intentions this Week-end:
Saturday 1st July:
Millstreet Vigil 6.30 p.m. John Kelleher & the deceased members of the Kelleher family, Lackabawn.
Sunday 2nd July:
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m. Christy Philpott, Ballydaly
Cullen 10.15 a.m. Mary & Jack O’Brien, Carrigaline
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Michael, Judy & Stephen O’Riordan, Kippagh
Anniversaries: Brendan Hickey, Main Street; Denis Healy, Killarney Road; Matt & Hanna O’Sullivan, Claraghatlea; Eugie O’Connell, Dooneen; Patrick Murphy, Flintfield; Bridget & John O’Leary, Gortavehy; Abbey O’Regan, Ballydaly; Fr. Brendan O’Hare, Cloghoulamore & USA; Joan Daly, Mallow; Paddy O’Connell, London.
Mass Intentions for next week:
Saturday 8th July:
Millstreet 6.30 p.m. Frank Reen Snr. Main Street
Sunday 9th July:
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m. Mary Buckley & the deceased members of the Buckley Family, Toorbonia
Cullen 10.15a.m. Matty O’Leary, Milleen
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Patsy Tarrant, Coole
Millstreet Church: Mass times this week, unless there is a funeral.
Mass on Monday for Hannah & Charles Barry, Murphy’s Terrace at 7.30p.m.
Mass on Tuesday (Private Intention) at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Wednesday for Denis Healy, Killarney Road at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Thursday (Private Intention) at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Friday for Denis Kelleher, Aubane at 7.30p.m.
Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament every Tuesday & Wednesday from 10.30a.m. to 10.30p.m. in the Blessed Sacrament Chapel, Millstreet. Requests for Prayer & Special Intentions – A box & slips of papers for these intentions can be found at the back of the Church. Each Tuesday & Wednesday the box will be placed on the altar for Mass and then placed in the Adoration Chapel so that people attending can pray for them
Rotas for Next Weekend 8th/9th July
|6.30 p.m.||Deirdre Meade||Group C|
|11.30 a.m.||Raymond Gilbourne|
|9.00 a.m.||Liam Flynn||Group B|
|10.15 a.m.||Annabella O’Sullivan||Group A|
CULLEN CHURCH: Collector for next weekend (9th): Pat Ryan
Mass on next Thursday at 7.30p.m. for Ellie May, Daniel, Tadgie & Liam O’Keeffe, Cullen.
EUCHARISTIC ADORATION every Thursday in Cullen Church from 10.00a.m. to 7.00p.m. All are welcome. Requests for Prayer & Special Intentions – A box & slips of papers for these intentions can be found at the back of the Church. The box will be then placed on the Adoration Chapel so that people attending can pray for them.
LEGION OF MARY: Meeting on Tuesday night in The Parish Centre at 8.00p.m.
CONFESSIONS: Every Saturday in Millstreet Church 12.30p.m.-1.00p.m.
MILLSTREET ALTAR SOCIETY for 9th & 16th July: Group B
COURSE IN YOUTH MINISTRY 2017/2018: will take place in St. John’s Pastoral Council, Tralee on Tuesday nights from 8.00-10.00p.m. Further details from Parish office or contact Tomas Kenny on (086) 3683778.
- CULLEN & DISTRICT SPECIAL NEEDS ASSOCIATION: Meeting on this Monday night (3rd July) at 8.00p.m. Annual Harvest Afternoon on Sunday 23rd
- MILLSTREET HOSPITAL ANNUAL CHURCH GATE COLLECTION in Millstreet next weekend. Your continued support is appreciated.
- BLOOD DONATION CLINIC at Millstreet GAA Hall on this Monday 3rd July between 5.00 & 8.30p.m.
- THANK YOU to everyone who supported Millstreet GAA Juvenile Church Gate Collection last weekend.
- CULLEN CHURCH GATE COLLECTION for Friends of Mallow Hospital collected €520.00. Thank you to the collectors and those who supported the collection.
- RELICS OS ST TERESA (Mother Teresa) of Calcutta: Veneration in the Cathedral Killarney on Saturday 8th July after the 6.15p.m. Vigil Mass to 10.00p.m. ending with Night Prayer. Sunday 9th July after 12 noon Mass to 8.00p.m.
- CORK COUNTY OLDER PEOPLES COUNCIL: Cork County Council invites nominations for the 2nd Cork County Older Peoples Council Executive. Contact Mairead (021) 4285900 for further details.
- ARDFERT RETREAT CENTRE: Self Care Day: Practical skills for stress management and emotional wellness, Sat. 8th July 9.45am-4.00pm. Contact: Anna O’Donoghue 0879447105 . Growing Old Gracefully: Welcome to a Guided Participative Experience facilitated by: John Dunne & Kathy Cunningham. Friday 28th-Sunday 30th July. Contact 0667134276.
Thought for the week:
The happiness of your life depends
upon the quality of your thoughts.