PARISH NEWSLETTER for BALLYDALY-CULLEN-MILLSTREET
The Most Holy Body and Blood of Christ – 18th June, 2017
Canon John Fitzgerald P.P.
Tel Nos. Millstreet 029-70043/Mobile 087-7752948
Email: <email> dioceseofkerry.ie
PARISH OFFICE OPENING HOURS:
10.00a.m.-1.00p.m. & 2.00p.m.-5.00p.m.
Mass Intentions this Week-end:
Saturday 17th June:
Millstreet Vigil 6.30 p.m. Eileen Cronin, Knocknakilla
Sunday 18th June:
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m. John O’Brien, Ballydaly
Cullen 10.15 a.m. Peter Cronin, Knockduff
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Peggy & Denny Twomey, The Bridge
Anniversaries: Jimmy Coleman, Murphy’s Terrace; Kathleen Buicke, Murphy’s Terrace; Daniel Kelleher, Murphy’s Terrace; Denny Kelleher, Minor Row; Tom Radley, Minor Row; James & Joan Daly, The Bridge; Gearoid Hickey, West End; Catherine & John Kelleher, Carrigacooleen; Ellen O’Donnell, Liscahane; Margaret Pomeroy, Willowbrook; John & Margaret McCarthy, Lackabawn; Nora Dennehy, Lackabawn; Richie O’Keeffe, Canon O’Donovan Centre; Hannah O’Connor, Church Street & Cloghoulabeg; Margaret Sheehan, Ballinatona; Ducan Robinson, Ballydaly; James & Hannah O’Sullivan, Tubber; Jimmy Walsh, Knocknageeha; Neily Duggan, Lisnaboy; Mary O’Connor, Mologhroe; Murty O’Sullivan, Lisnaboy & Cork; Patrick & Mary Murphy, Dunmanway & their son Pat Joe; Jeremiah McSweeney, Rathcoole; Kathleen Long, Rylane; Daniel Duggan, Carriganima;
Mass Intentions for next week:
Saturday 24th June:
Millstreet 6.30 p.m. Neily O’Leary, West End
Sunday 25th June:
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m. Joe White, Tubber
Cullen 10.15a.m. John Fleming, Mologhroe
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Mary Sheehan, Tanyard Wood
Millstreet Church: Mass times this week, unless there is a funeral.
Mass on Monday (Private Intention) at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Tuesday for the Eucharistic Adorers in Millstreet & Cullen & People of the Parish at 7.30p.m. (All welcome- tea in Parish Centre afterwards)
Mass on Wednesday for James & Joan Daly, The Bridge at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Thursday for Pat & Kathleen Buicke, Murphy’s Terrace at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Friday for Maureen & Martin Moran, Ballyvouskil at 7.30p.m.
MILLSTREET ALTAR SOCIETY for 25th June & 2nd July: Group A
Rotas for Next Weekend 24th/25th June
|6.30 p.m.||Eimear Buckley||Group A|
|11.30 a.m.||Bernie Cronin|
|9.00 a.m.||Maeve O’Sullivan||Group E|
|10.15 a.m.||Patricia Murphy||Group G|
Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament Tuesday 10.30a.m. -7.30p.m. (Please note change this week) & Wednesday from 10.30a.m. to 10.30p.m.
MASS IN TUBRID WELL on Monday night next at 7.30p.m. celebrated by Fr. Paddy O’Byrne.
CULLEN CHURCH: Collector for next weekend (25th): Jerome Ryan
Mass on next Thursday at 7.30p.m. for Phyllis O’Connor, Lissnasheershane
EUCHARISTIC ADORATION Thursday in Cullen Church from 10.00a.m.
CORPUS CHRISTI PROCESSION
Our Corpus Christi Procession will take place after 11.30a.m. Mass on this Sunday. Procession will begin and finish in the Church with Benediction in the Square. All are invited to join and we especially invite all the First Holy Communion children of the Parish.
CHANGE OF DATE: PLEASE NOTE THAT THE ANNUAL MASS AT
- JOHN’S WELL IS ON TUESDAY 27th JUNE at 7.30p.m.
- MILLSTREET GRAMOPHONE CIRCLE meets in the Canon O’Donovan Millstreet Daycare Centre on Friday 23rd June at 8.15p.m. The presenter is Ivor Horton, Millstreet. All are welcome.
- CULLEN FEIS – Feis Laitiarain Sunday 25th Competitions at 12 noon (Ceol, Amhranaiocht, Teangan, Damhsa Sean nos, Rince Seite). Sports 2.00p.m. Entertainment 3.00p.m. including a variety of Music, Dancing &Singing.
- PRIMARY SCHOOL SPORTS hosted by Millstreet A.C. will take place in the Town Park on Monday 26th June beginning at 10.45a.m.
- WILLIE NEENAN ANNUAL ROAD RACE on Friday 30th Registration in GAA Hall from 6.30p.m. Walkers begin at 7.30p.m. & runners at 8.15p.m.
- MILLSTREET JUVENILE GAA CLUB will hold their annual church gate collection next weekend 24th/25th
- CEMETERY MASSES in Knocknagree on Monday 26th June & Nohoval on Thursday 29th June at 8.00p.m.
- VOLUNTEERS NEEDED for English Conversation Class. The “Class” is an informal small conversational group where learners have an opportunity to practice and improve their English. You don’t need teaching experience, but if you have all the better. Support & resources will be provided. For further information contact Mike Riordan, Drishane Castle (086) 4106364.
- OPEN GARDEN at the award winning garden of Gertie & Maurice O’Donoghue, Carrignavar on Saturday 24th & Sunday 25th June between 2.00 & 6.00p.m. in aid of Marymount Hospice. Signposted from Cork-Mallow Road at Rathduff.
- BUS TO KNOCK from Boherbue on 28th Contact Philomena (029) 76116
Happy Father’s Day to all Fathers
We stop and think of our Fathers this weekend.
We pray for them and simply say “thank you” for being our Father