PARISH NEWSLETTER for BALLYDALY-CULLEN-MILLSTREET
The Ascension of the Lord – World Communications Day – 28th May, 2017
Canon John Fitzgerald P.P.
Tel Nos. Millstreet 029-70043/Mobile 087-7752948
Email: <email> www.dioceseofkerry.ie
PARISH OFFICE OPENING HOURS:
10.00a.m.-1.00p.m. & 2.00p.m.-5.00p.m.
Your prayers are requested for the repose of the souls of the following and for those whose anniversaries occur around this time, and for those for whom masses will be offered during the week:
RECENT DEATHS: Nora Ring (nee Condon), Doon; Fr. Jim Downey, Castleisland
Mass Intentions this Week-end:
Saturday 27th May:
Millstreet Vigil 6.30 p.m. Andrew O’Sullivan & the deceased members of the O’Sullivan Family, Main Street
Sunday 28th May:
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m. Connie McSweeney, Gortavehy
Cullen 10.15 a.m. The Deceased members of the O’Donoghue Family, Gortnacreeha
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Lena Cronin, Pound Hill
Anniversaries: Eddie Ambrose, Murphy’s Terrace; Kathleen Forde, Murphy’s Terrace; Matt & Ellen Cleary, Murphy’s Terrace & the deceased members of the Cleary Family; Peggy & Denny Twomey, The Bridge; Teresa Tangney, Main Street; Sonny Dennehy, Gneeves; John Francis Ryan, Cockhill; Pat & Kit Cashman, Tullig; Donal O’Riordan, Tullig; Annie, David & Gerard Sheehan, Carrigacooleen; Tade Corkery, Dooneen; Jack & Anges Kelleher, Currow; Hugh O’Keeffe, Glountane & Boherbue; Richard Hartigan, Derrinagree; Mary Curtin, Kiskeam; Ellen Scannell, Rylane; Sr. Kathleen O’Riordan, Magheramore & Laught.
Mass Intentions for next week:
Saturday 3rd June:
Millstreet 6.30 p.m. Dermot Murphy, Clara Road
Sunday 4th June:
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m. John, Bridget & Michael Horgan, Cahirbarnagh
Cullen 10.15a.m. The deceased members of the Forde Family, Mologhroe
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Mick & Con Kelleher, Killowen
Millstreet Church: Mass times this week, unless there is a funeral.
Mass on Monday for Patricia & Pat Kelly, Coomlogane at 7.30p.m.
Mass on Tuesday for People of the Parish at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Wednesday & Thursday at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Friday for Donal Cowman, Drishane Road at 7.30p.m.
Mass on Saturday for Eileen Collins, Clara Road (recently deceased) at 10.30a.m.
Rotas for Next Weekend 3rd/4th June
|6.30 p.m.||Tim Linehan||Group C|
|11.30 a.m.||Pat Breen|
|9.00 a.m.||Joanne Goold||Group B|
|10.15 a.m.||Marie Walsh||Group D|
Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament every Tuesday & Wednesday from 10.30a.m. to 10.30p.m. in the Blessed Sacrament Chapel, Millstreet.
CULLEN CHURCH: Collector for next weekend (4th): Dan O’Sullivan
Mass on next Thursday at 7.30p.m. for Denis & Margaret Curtin, Knocknageeha
EUCHARISTIC ADORATION every Thursday in Cullen Church from 10.00a.m. to 7.00p.m. All are welcome.
MILLSTREET CHURCH COLLECTORS for June: Group 3. Vigil Mass: J. Cashman, C. O’Shea, N. Casey & Dr. P Casey. 11.30a.m. N. Collins, P. Healy, C. Healy, J. Doody & B. Murphy.
DATES TO NOTE
Friday 9th June: Mass in St. Mary’s Cemetery at 7.30p.m.
Tuesday 13th June: Mass in Drishane Cemetery at 7.30p.m.
Sunday 18th June: Corpus Christi Procession after 11.30a.m. Mass
Friday 23rd June: Annual Mass at St. John’s Well at 7.30p.m.
Thursday 29th June: Mass in Cullen Cemetery at 7.30p.m.
- MILLSTREET DAYCARE CENTRE GRAND OPENING on this Sunday at 2.00p.m. All welcome to attend
- COFFEE MORNING at the home of Anne-Marie & Jerry O’Mahony, Inchileagh, on Saturday 3rd June from 10.00a.m. to 3.00p.m. in aid of The Irish Community Air Ambulance. Your support would be appreciated.
- AL-ANON FAMILY GROUP: Open Al-Anon meeting in James O’Keeffe Institute, Newmarket on Wednesday 31st May at 8.30p.m.
- JOHN’S GAA CLUB: 5km walk/run takes place on Monday 5th June commencing at 2.00p.m. from Community Centre. Registration at 1.15p.m. – duck race & BBQ on the day.
- BALLYDALY HALL: Card game on this Sunday at 9.00p.m. in support of Noreen McSweeney who is running for Mayor of Knocknagree. Tea, coffee & light refreshments will be served on the night plus raffle.
- ANNUAL PILGRIMAGE to Knock on 3rd Bus will leave the Square in Millstreet at 7.00a.m. For further details and to book a place contact Cait on (086) 8736614.
- ARDFERT RETREAT CENTRE: Diocesan Adoration Day, led by Fr. Bernard Healy on Thursday 1st June (9.30a.m.-4.00p.m.); A doorway into Stillness for mind & body led by Antoinette Dilworth on Saturday 10th June (10.30a.m.-4.30p.m.) A Day with Mary – celebrate the Centenary of Our Lady of Fatima preached by Msgr. Dan O’Riordan, Castleisland, on Saturday 17th June (10.30a.m.-4.30p.m.)
- WORKSHOP FOR PARISH CANTORS: Wednesday 7th June in John Paul II Centre, Killarney. Facilitators Tomas Kenny, Ailish O’Connor & Declan Walsh. Cost of workshop €10 per participant. Places limited – book before Monday 5th Contact Tomas Kenny on (086) 3683778 or <email>