PARISH NEWSLETTER for BALLYDALY-CULLEN-MILLSTREET
Sixth Sunday of Easter – 19th May, 2017
Canon John Fitzgerald P.P.
Tel Nos. Millstreet 029-70043/Mobile 087-7752948
Email: <email> www.dioceseofkerry.ie
PARISH OFFICE OPENING HOURS:
10.00a.m.-1.00p.m. & 2.00p.m.-5.00p.m.
Your prayers are requested for the repose of the souls of the following and for those whose anniversaries occur around this time, and for those for whom masses will be offered during the week:
Mass Intentions this Week-end:
Saturday 20th May:
Millstreet Vigil 6.30 p.m. Denis O’Hare, Coole
Sunday 21st May:
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m. Mass for People of the Parish
Cullen 10.15 a.m. The deceased members of the McKelvey & Lehane families, Lisaniska
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Donie Murphy, West End
Anniversaries: Kathleen Cashman, Clara Road; Timothy Kelleher, The Bridge; Richard O’Keeffe, Murphy’s Terrace; Tony Galvin, Main Street; Michael McSweeney, Flintfield; Nuala Joyce, Tralee; Timothy O’Callaghan, Banteer; Phelim Marron, Cork & Clara Road; Emma Dineen, Carrigaline; The deceased members of the O’Shea family, Coachford.
Mass Intentions for next week:
Saturday 27th May:
Millstreet 6.30 p.m. Andrew O’Sullivan & the deceased members of the O’Sullivan Family, Main Street
Sunday 28th May:
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m. Connie McSweeney, Gortavehy
Cullen 10.15a.m. The deceased members of the O’Donoghue Family, Gortnacreeha
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Lena Cronin, Pound Hill
Millstreet Church: Mass times this week, unless there is a funeral.
Mass on Monday for Sonny & Nora Dennehy, Gneeves at 7.30p.m.
Mass on Tuesday at 10.00am.
Mass on Wednesday for Betty & Timothy O’Callaghan, Banteer at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Thursday at 10.00a.m.
FRIDAY: ANNUAL MASS IN TUBRID WELL AT 7.30p.m.
Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament every Tuesday & Wednesday from 10.30a.m. to 10.30p.m. in the Blessed Sacrament Chapel, Millstreet.
MILLSTREET ALTAR SOCIETY for 28th May & 4th June: Group E
CONFESSIONS: Every Saturday in Millstreet Church 12.30p.m.-1.00p.m.
Rotas for Next Weekend 27th/28th May
|6.30 p.m.||Catriona Kelleher||Group B|
|11.30 a.m.||Sr. Peter Fahy|
|9.00 a.m.||Mary Murphy||Group F|
|10.15 a.m.||Ann Murphy||Group C|
CULLEN CHURCH: Collector for next weekend (28th ): Paudie O’Keeffe
Mass on next Thursday at 7.30p.m. for Tim & Kitty O’Riordan, Kanturk & Ian & Jane O’Dowling, Cork
EUCHARISTIC ADORATION every Thursday in Cullen Church from 10.00a.m. to 7.00p.m. All are welcome.
LEGION OF MARY: Meeting on Tuesday night in The Parish Centre at 8.00p.m.
SUNDAY FUNERALS IN THE DIOCESE OF KERRY
From 1st September, 2017, no funerals (Mass, Liturgy or burial) will take place on a Sunday in the parishes of the diocese. However removal of the remains to the Church can take place on Saturday or Sunday evening.
This change is necessary for many reasons but mainly due to the shortage of clergy and with some Churches in our Dioceses not having Sunday morning Masses anymore.
There will be no exceptions to this diocesan regulation and it will also apply to Christmas Day and St. Patrick’s Day. On the other Holy Days of Obligation for flexibility reasons the decision will be left to the local parish.
Bishop Ray Browne 8th May 2017
- MILLSTREET DAYCARE CENTRE GRAND OPENING on next Sunday 28th May at 2.00p.m. All welcome to attend
- MILLSTREET GRAMOPHONE CIRCLE meets in the Canon O’Donovan Centre next Friday 26th May at 8.15p.m. The presenter of this Bealtaine 2017 programme is Tim Murphy, Boherbue. All welcome.
- CULLEN N.S. Induction night for parents of new entrants September next will be held in the school on Tuesday next 23rd from 7.00-8.00p.m.
- CULLEN TIDY TOWNS Church gate collection next weekend 28th
- KILCORNEY GROTTO: Annual Mass on Tuesday evening next (23rd) at 8.00p.m.
- THANK YOU from Patricia Guerin to everyone who supported her recent coffee morning in aid of Millstreet Day Care Centre & COPE Foundation Mallow.
- INTRODUCTION TO MINDFULNESS PRACTICES with Aedamur Kelly, Mindfulness & MBSR Teacher continues in Parish Centre every Tuesday. Two Sessions 9.30 a.m. & 7.30 p.m. To book a place and for further information contact Aedamur on 087 6288860.
- MILLSTREET GAA wishes to thank all those who supported their Church gate collection last weekend.
- Thought for the week: “There are two ways of spreading the light, to be the candle or the mirror that reflects is” – Edith Wharton