Millstreet Community School Leaving Certificate Graduation will take place on Tuesday 23rd May beginning at 8pm.
Far north of this countryside near Warrnambool
In the mid to late fifties in Millstreet Town i went to primary school
Years later one who would prove himself a man among men
Humphrey Kelleher was the strong boy of the schoolyard back then
Humphrey as a young teenager full of youthful elan
As a boy tall and sturdy and as strong as a man
Not gentle or shy but not a bully in any way
Yet any boy who tested his might had some price for to pay
[read more …] “The Strong Boy Of The Schoolyard”
Hello, I was hoping someone had information on my gggrandparents John Healy and Margaret Hinchin. Both born around 1832 in Cork. Their children were born in Cullen Cork and lived in Millstreet for a while.
Margaret’s father was Daniel Hinchin b. about 1804 her mother was Margaret Ahern b. about 1804. Margaret had sisters born in Keale, Johanna, Abina. John Healy had sisters, Ellen and Hannah. All the siblings born in the 1830’s.
Margaret Hinchin died in Keale, Cork in 1901.
Thanks, Kate (from irelandxo.com)
Duhallow Schools Football Finals 2017
Friday May 19th in Rathcoole
- 10:20 Dromagh v Lisgriffin Girls 7 aside A (15 mins per half)
- 10:20 Cullen v Kilbrin Boys 10 aside A (20mins per half)
- 11:00 Kilcorney v Lyre Boys 7 aside B (15 mins per half)
- 11:10 Kilbrin v Ballyhass Girls 12 aside A (20mins per half)s
- 11:40 Rockchapel v Kiskeam Boys 7 aside A (15 mins per half)
- 12:00 Lismire v Meelin Girls 7 aside B (15 mins per half))
- 12:20 Newmarket v Knocknagree Girls 12 aside B (20 mins per half)
- 12:40 Ballyhass v Newmarket Boys 13 aside (20min per half)
- 13:10 St. Lachteens v Ballydesmond Girls 10 aside (20 mins per half)
- 13:30 Derinagree v Rathcoole Boys 10 aside B (20mins per half)
The best of luck to all our local primary schools competing tomorrow 🙂
Special thanks to Kilcorney NS for sending the fixture list.
Heartfelt thanks for the very generous support by the people and businesses of Millstreet regarding the recent Fundraising for the Guide Dogs Future Heroes Appeal. An excellent €470.00 was raised. We thank Hannah Crowley (who wishes to express her sincere appreciation for such a generous response to the Appeal) for this uplifting notice. (S.R.)
Entries are invited for Millstreet Soap Box Derby 2017 which was scheduled to take place on Sunday 30th July from K&L Headquarters at Mount Leader proceeding to Clara Road. This date has now been brought forward one week. It now takes place on Sunday, 23rd July 2017 and the entry fee is €30.00. Now is the time to be considering the building of safe creative Soap Boxes. This was a hugely popular event when held two years ago. It is being coordinated by Millstreet Men’s Shed. Further information from Ivor Horton – on 087 363 3210 or by emailing ivorahorton@ gmail.com (S.R.)