PARISH NEWSLETTER for BALLYDALY-CULLEN-MILLSTREET
Easter Sunday – 16th April, 2017
CANON JOHN FITZGERALD P.P.
TEL NOS. MILLSTREET 029-70043/MOBILE 087-7752948
EMAIL: <email> WWW.DIOCESEOFKERRY.IE
PARISH OFFICE OPENING HOURS:
10.00A.M.-1.00P.M. & 2.00P.M.-5.00P.M.
Your prayers are requested for the repose of the souls of the following and for those whose anniversaries occur around this time, and for those for whom masses will be offered during the week:
RECENT DEATHS: Vera Moylan (nee O’Connor) Shannon & late of Minor Row
Mass Intentions this Week-end:
Saturday 15th April:
Millstreet Vigil 9.00 p.m. Easter Vigil – Mass for People of the Parish
Sunday 16th April:
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m.
Cullen 10.15 a.m.
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Dan & Bridget Collins, Cockhill
Anniversaries: Patrick O’Donoghue, Aubane; Bina Killeen, Main Street; Jimmy Cotter, Murphy’s Terrace; Patrick Cronin, Murphy’s Terrace; Danny Creedon, Liscahane; Patrick O’Donnell, Liscahane; Mary O’Mahony, Cloghoulabeg; Michael O’Leary, Clara Road; Dan Breen, Killarney Road; Maureen O’Keeffe, Cullen; Michael & Frank O’Riordan, Knocknagree; Margaret Bailey, Minor Row & Dublin; Imelda Collins, Tralee.
Mass Intentions for next SUNDAY – DIVINE MERCY SUNDAY:
Saturday 22nd April:
Millstreet 6.30 p.m. John Joe & Teresa Tangney, Main Street
Sunday 23rd April:
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m. Fr. Tim Buckley, Toorbonia & England
Cullen 10.15a.m. Nora Fleming, Meenagloherane Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Victor O’Hare, Cloghoulamore
Millstreet Church: Mass times this week, unless there is a funeral.
THERE WILL BE NO MASS ON MONDAY
Mass on Tuesday at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Wednesday (Private Intention) at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Thursday (Private Intention) at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Friday for Mary O’Mahony, Cloghoulabeg at 7.30p.m.
Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament every Tuesday & Wednesday from 10.30a.m. to 10.30p.m. in the Blessed Sacrament Chapel, Millstreet.
LEGION OF MARY: Meeting on Tuesday night in The Parish Centre at 8.00p.m.
STATION THIS WEEK for Adrivale, Gneeves & Curracahill in the home of Sheila & Neily Corkery on next Saturday (22nd) at 10.00a.m.
TROCAIRE BOXES: Please return Trocaire boxes at your earliest convenience. They can be dropped into Parish Office or placed in collection basket at Masses.
Rotas for Next Weekend 22nd/23rd April
|6.30 p.m.||Eimear Buckley||Group B|
|11.30 a.m.||Bernie Cronin|
|9.00 a.m.||Maeve O’Sullivan||Group F|
|10.15 a.m.||Marie Morley||Group F|
CULLEN CHURCH: Collector for next weekend (23rd): Jerome Ryan
There will be no Mass or Exposition in Cullen on this Thursday.
DIVINE MERCY: The Divine Mercy Novena will continue each day at 3.00p.m. in the Church and will conclude next Sunday on Divine Mercy Sunday. Devotions will start with the “Chaplet” at 3.00p.m. Confessions will begin at 2.30p.m. People are invited to bring any Holy Objects they wish to have blessed.
- ANNUAL EASTER SUNDAY COMMEMORATION will take place on Sunday 16th April after 11.30a.m. Mass. Oration in The Square will be given by Ryle Dwyer, author, journalist & historian. Special guests will be the Cobh Animation Team (Cumann na mBan ladies). All are invited to attend.
- INTERNATIONAL EASTER GATHERING IN DRISHANE CASTLE on Easter Monday between 2.00 & 6.00p.m. Come with your family to meet & experience different cultures. Fancy dress, children’s games, stalls & food. All welcome.
- EASTER MONDAY: To celebrate “Cruinniú na Cásca” in Millstreet this Easter Monday an illustrated presentation will take place at Millstreet Museum beginning at 2.00p.m. followed by a Tour of Millstreet Town at 4.00p.m. & concluding with a visit to an International Fund Day at Drishane from 5.15-6.00p.m. All welcome.
- MILLSTREET GRAMOPHONE CIRCLE will meet in the Canon O’Donovan Centre on next Friday 21st April at 8.15p.m. Guest presenters: Jim & Kay Deery, Cullen. All welcome.
- COFFEE MORNING in aid of Millstreet Day Care Centre & COPE Mallow on Sunday 23rd April in GAA Hall between 9.30 & 1.30p.m.
- THANK YOU to everyone who supported the recent Church Gate collection for Ballydaly Hall.
- DROMTARIFFE PARISH RETREAT on Saturday 29th April in Ardfert. Contact Patricia (086) 0819791.
- ARDFERT RETREAT CENTRE: Self-care day – practical skills for stress management & emotional well being on 22nd Contact Betty (087)2498061
- MS IRELAND: Coffee morning in Killarney Royal Hotel on 22nd April between 9.30a.m. & 12.00p.m. All welcome.
- PARISH OFFICE will be closed on next Tuesday (18th)
My sincere thanks to all who participated in our Easter Ceremonies and helped to make them so meaningful for our Parish.
I welcome home all who have travelled to be with their families this Easter Season and we keep in our thoughts and prayers those who are not with us this year.
HAPPY EASTER TO YOU ALL.