PARISH NEWSLETTER for BALLYDALY-CULLEN-MILLSTREET
Seventh Sunday in Ordinary Time – 19th February, 2017
Canon John Fitzgerald P.P. Tel Nos. Millstreet 029-70043/Mobile 087-7752948
Email: <email> www.dioceseofkerry.ie
PARISH OFFICE OPENING HOURS:
10.00a.m.-1.00p.m. & 2.00p.m.-5.00p.m.
Your prayers are requested for the repose of the souls of the following and for those whose anniversaries occur around this time, and for those for whom masses will be offered during the week:
Mass Intentions this Week-end:
Saturday 18th February:
Millstreet Vigil 6.30 p.m. Denis & Nell Hickey, Mill Lane
Sunday 19th February:
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m. Eileen & Thomas O’Mahony, Kilmeedy
Cullen 10.15 a.m. Tim O’Regan & the deceased members of The O’Regan Family, Nohovaldaly
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Jerome O’Riordan, Dromsicane
Anniversaries: Nora Buckley, Kilmeedy; Eileen & John Duggan, West End; Bridget Burke, Murphy’s Terrace; Tony Kelleher, Murphy’s Terrace; Agnes Kiely, The Bridge; Parkie Coffey, Macroom Road; Joe Buckley, Ballinatona;Hannah Mary Dennehy, Coomlogane; Mary O’Sullivan, Aubane; Annie Murphy, Ahane; Eamonn Cronin, Knockduff; Catherine Duggan & Kathleen Cronin, Lisnaboy; Peg O’Shea, Kinsalebeg; Patrick Kiely, Kanturk; Molly & Pat Murphy, Ballydesmond; Denis & Abina McCarthy, Fortgrady; Annie Murphy, Donoughmore & Aubane; Estie Cashman, Tullig & London; Michelle Manley-Bates, London; Kathleen Manley-Alexandra, Australia.
Mass Intentions for next week:
Saturday 25th February:
Millstreet 6.30 p.m. Peter Roche, Drishanebeg
Sunday 26th February:
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m.
Cullen 10.15a.m. Mary O’Sullivan, Two Gneeves
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Sonny & Ann Marie Murphy, Clarabeg
Millstreet Church: Mass times this week, unless there is a funeral.
Mass on Monday for Pat Buckley, Cahirbarnagh at 7.30p.m.
Mass on Tuesday for Patrick Kiely, Kanturk at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Wednesday for People of the Parish at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Thursday for Ned Twohig, Annagloor at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Friday for Peggy O’Keeffe, Drishane Road at 7.30p.m.
Rotas for Next Weekend 25th/26th February
|6.30 p.m.||Tim Linehan||Group B|
|11.30 a.m.||Pat Breen|
|9.00 a.m.||Maeve O’Sullivan||Group B|
|10.15 a.m.||Marie Walsh||Group C|
Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament every Tuesday & Wednesday from 10.30a.m. to 10.30p.m. in the Blessed Sacrament Chapel, Millstreet.
CONFESSIONS: Every Saturday in Millstreet Church 12.30p.m.-1.00p.m.
CULLEN CHURCH: Collector for next weekend (26th): Jerome Ryan
Mass on next Thursday at 7.30p.m. for Annie Murphy, Ahane
Mass on next Friday at 7.30p.m. for Michael Herlihy, Knockane (recently deceased)
EUCHARISTIC ADORATION every Thursday in Cullen Church from 10.00a.m. to 7.00p.m. All are welcome.
LEGION OF MARY: Meeting on Tuesday night in The Parish Centre at 8.00p.m.
MILLSTREET PARISH PASTORAL COUNCIL will meet on Monday night at 8.00p.m. in The Sacristy.
DIOCESE OF KERRY PILGRIMAGE TO TAIZE: 25th June – 2nd July, 2017. This pilgrimage is open to young people aged between 18 -30 years. Cost is €400. Further details from Parish Office.
- AUBANE SOCIAL CLUB will make a presentation on behalf of the Aubane Community to recently retired postman, Noel Keating on Friday 24th February at 8.00p.m. in Aubane Community Centre. All welcome.
- CLOTHES COLLECTION: John’s Club will hold a clothes collection fundraiser at their pitch on Station Road on 4th & 11th March between 10.30 & 12.30p.m. and at Aubane School on 7th March between 8.00 & 9.00p.m.
- TABLE QUIZ on Friday 3rd March at 8.00p.m. in The Wallis Arms. The funds raised will go towards covering the cost on two 5th year students going to Lourdes as helpers with IPT at Easter. €40 per table of four.
- COFFEE MORNING in aid of MS Ireland on Tuesday 28th February between 10.30a.m to 12 noon in Millstreet Parish Centre. All refreshments will be Fairtrade.
- BRENDAN’S N.S. RATHCOOLE PARENT ASSOCIATION in conjunction with Duhallow Athletics Association will host a 5k Fun run/walk on Sunday 5th March at 1.30p.m.
- KNOCK & LOUGH DERG 3 DAY TRIP: 13th-15th May; 22nd-24th August & 5th-7th All packages include meals, Lough Derg & Coach. Further details on (023) 8849196 Cormac.
- TRALEE DIABETES SUPPORT GROUP will hold a meeting on Thursday 23rd February in the Rose Hotel at 7.30p.m.
- ARDFERT RETREAT CENTRE: Tuesday 21st February “Evening for All Eucharist Ministers within the Kerry Diocese” led by Bishop (Emeritus) Bill Murphy at 7.00p.m.
- WORKSHOP FOR PARISH CANTORS: Tuesday 21st March at 7.30p.m. in John Paul II Pastoral Centre, Killarney. Facilitators Tomás Kenny & Ailish O’Connor. Cost of workshop €10 per participant. Limited places please book before Wednesday 15th Contact Tomás (086) 3683778 or <email>