A sincere note of thanks to the people and community of Millstreet and surrounding areas who supported Millstreet Post Office over the last eighteen years.
A special thank you to my Staff and Postmen. Wishing Noel Keating all the best on his recent retirement.
Best of luck in the future to the New Management of Millstreet Post Office.
PARISH NEWSLETTER for BALLYDALY-CULLEN-MILLSTREET
Fourth Sunday in Ordinary Time – 29th January, 2017
Canon John Fitzgerald P.P. Tel Nos. Millstreet 029-70043/Mobile 087-7752948
Email: <email> www.dioceseofkerry.ie
PARISH OFFICE OPENING HOURS:
10.00a.m.-1.00p.m. & 2.00p.m.-5.00p.m.
Your prayers are requested for the repose of the souls of the following and for those whose anniversaries occur around this time, and for those for whom masses will be offered during the week:
Mass Intentions this Week-end:
Saturday 28th January:
Millstreet Vigil 6.30 p.m. Kathleen Corcoran, Dooneen
Sunday 29th January: Ballydaly 9.00 a.m. Dick Pomeroy, Clara
Cullen 10.15 a.m. Tom, Eileen & Larry Kelleher, Cullen
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Michael Lane, Carriganima
Anniversaries: Peter & Nora Dineen, Cloghoula; Denis & Ellen Murphy, Tullig; Kathy Murphy, Pound Hill; Fr. Denis Manley, The Square; Alex Ryan, Old Coach Avenue; Theresa McCarthy, Kilmeedy; Billy & Kathleen Guerin, Cloghoula & Ballydaly; Johnny & Hannah Fleming, Mologhroe; Patrick Kearney, Lisnaboy; Mary McCarthy, Kilcummin & Aunagloor; Tade & Mary Murphy, Knocknagree. [read more …] “Parish Newsletter – 29th January, 2017”
- – Video: Here’s a short quadcopter video of Drishane Castle this week, taking off from near the cemetery. [Instagram]
- Congratulations to all our locals who won Duhallow Senior Scór titles on Friday night: John O’Sullivan of St. Johns GAA for his Recitation, Conor Linehan of Millstreet GAA, Cullen Ballad Group [John Tarrant]
- Tom Creedon Cup Quarter Final: St Michaels v Millstreet, at St. Michael’s, 1pm Sunday 29th January. Start of the Football season already! [Cork GAA] [Millstreet GAA]. St.Michael’s won easily
- Millstreet hospitality energises Breifne on the Beara way: En route, Breifne enjoyed North Cork hospitality at an event that recalled a moving chapter in Irish history. “It’s been an amazing and whirlwind journey so far, many miles covered, thousands of calories burned and hundreds of new friends made”, he said … [The Corkman]
- Congratulations to Brian O’Croinín, Millstreet, and Denis O’Donoghue, Dromtarriffe, on winning prizes in the Cork GAA Draw for January [Cork GAA]
- Mark Ellis is again at #5 in the Cork Senior Hurling team to play Limerick on Sunday 29th January at 2pm in the Co-op Superstores.ie Munster Hurling League Final @ Gaelic Grounds [Cork GAA] [The 42]
- Photos: These two teams represented the Presentation N.S. at the Credit Union Quiz this evening in Mallow. Best of luck girls! [Presentation N.S.]
- St.Brendan’s N.S. are already the proud recipients of two Green Flags – for Waste and Energy, and for the last year have been on the hunt for their third Green Flag, this time for Water … [St.Brendan’s N.S.]
- Bernard O’Donoghue is named as one of the judges for this year’s Ted Hughes Awards for New Work in Poetry [The Poetry Society]
- Steven O’Riordan’s documentary on his sister Joanne “No Limbs No Limits” will be getting its Italian premier this year 🙂 [No Limbs No Limits]
[read more …] “In Other News – 28th January 2016”
Cork North West TD, Michael Moynihan has said that the HSE in Cork need to ensure that respite care beds that were transferred from Millstreet Community Hospital to a private facility to allow for refurbishment works are returned as quickly as possible.
“Last year, six respite care beds were moved to allow refurbishment works be completed. A contract with a private operator was agreed to ensure that the existing capacity was not diminished.
“However, it has come to light recently that the contract with the private operator has ended, yet the six beds have not been reopened in Millstreet Community Hospital. [read more …] “Millstreet Community Hospital must get its respite care beds back”
Congratulations to John Coleman and his family on his selection for the Hall of Fame Award at the 96/C103FM Cork GAA Sports Stars Awards last night at the Rochestown Park Hotel – photos below from John Tarrant
[read more …] “Delight for John Coleman on Hall of Fame Award”
The Table Quiz will take place on Friday 3rd March 2017 at 8pm in The Wallis Arms.
This quiz has become an annual fundraiser to help 5th Year students from Millstreet Community School who are going on pilgrimage to Lourdes with the Irish Pilgrimage Trust, to pay for their travel and accommodation. Dervla Murphy and Una Buckley are the students going this year and they will be student helpers with group 12.
Tables: €40/team of four. There will be a raffle. Everyone is welcome to take part in what has become a great community event in support of the students.
(For further details please contact the Community School on 029 70087)