19th Sunday in Ordinary Time – 7th August, 2016
Canon John Fitzgerald P.P.
Tel Nos. Millstreet 029-70043/Mobile 087-7752948
PARISH OFFICE OPENING HOURS:
10.00a.m.-1.00p.m. & 2.00p.m.-5.00p.m.
Your prayers are requested for the repose of the souls of the following and for those whose anniversaries occur around this time, and for those for whom masses will be offered during the week:
RECENT DEATHS: Joan McSweeney, Killarney & Rathduane
Mass Intentions this Week-end:
Saturday 6th August:
Millstreet Vigil 6.30 p.m. Michael O’Sullivan, Rathduane Sunday 7th August:
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m. Margaret Buckley & the deceased members of the Buckley Family, Toorbonia Cullen 10.15 a.m. Donagh Hickey, Eagloune
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Peg & Bill Dunne, Murphy’s Terrace
Anniversaries: Kit Cashman, Tullig; Humphrey O’Donoghue, Aubane; Mary Todd, Canon O’Donovan Centre; Kate O’Driscoll, The Square; Philip O’Shea, Murphy’s Terrace; Hannah Barry, Murphy’s Terrace; Johnny, Liam, Kathleen & Catherine Buckley, Liscahane; Hugh Kelleher, Killowen; Fr. Dermot Nash; Mary Walsh, Cullen; Julia Cronin, Mologhroe; Billy Scannell, Rylane; Dan & Julia O’Donoghue, Ballineen; Peter Dudzik, Poland.
Mass Intentions for next week:
Saturday 13th August:
Millstreet 6.30 p.m. Kathleen Kerwick, Lackabawn & Boston
Sunday 14th August:
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m. Bridget & John O’Leary, Gortavehy
Cullen 10.15a.m. Helena Herlihy, Knockane
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Pat & Kit Cashman & the deceased members of the Cashman Family, Tullig.
Mass Intentions THE ASSUMPTION OF THE BLESSED VIRGIN MARY:
Monday 15th August:
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m. Neily & Catherine Duggan & the deceased members
Of the Duggan Family, Lisnaboy
Cullen 10.15a.m. Funeral Mass: Dan Morley, England
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Dermot Dennehy, Cloghoulamore
Millstreet 7.30p.m. Dan O’Connor, Claraghatlea
Rotas for Next Weekend 13th/14th August
|6.30 p.m.||Eimear Buckley||Group E|
|11.30 a.m.||Bernie Cronin|
|9.00 a.m.||Eileen Guerin||Group D|
|10.15 a.m.||Ann Murphy||Group B|
Rotas for Next Weekend 15th August
|11.30a.m.||Michael Cashman||Group A|
|7.30 p.m.||Maria Kelleher|
|9.00 a.m.||Mary Murphy||Group E|
|10.15 a.m.||Morley Family||Group C|
Millstreet Church: Mass times this week, unless there is a funeral.
Mass on Monday for Patricia & Pat Kelly, Coomlogane at 7.30p.m.
Mass on Tuesday for People of the Parish at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Wednesday for Peter Dudzik, Poland at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Thursday for Ann Kelleher, Finnanefield at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Friday for the deceased members of the Singleton Family at 7.30pm.
Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament every Tuesday & Wednesday from 10.30a.m. to 10.30p.m. in the Blessed Sacrament Chapel, Millstreet.
CONFESSIONS: Every Saturday in Millstreet Church 12.30p.m.-1.00p.m.
CULLEN CHURCH: Collector for next weekend (14th): Michael Forde
Collector for Monday 15th August: Jerry O’Sullivan
Mass on next Thursday at 7.30p.m. for Julia Cronin, Mologhroe.
EUCHARISTIC ADORATION every Thursday in Cullen Church from 10.00a.m. to 7.00p.m. All are welcome
LEGION OF MARY: Meeting on Tuesday night in The Parish Centre at 8.00p.m.
DIOCESAN COLLECTION: next weekend (13th/14th): Pastoral & Retreat Centres
BALLYDALY DIOCESAN COLLECTOR: 14th August: Betty O’Regan
- CULLEN & DISTRICT SPECIAL NEEDS ASSOCIATION: Meeting on Monday 8th August at 8.00p.m.
- CHARITY DANCE in aid of Millstreet & Kanturk Hospitals in The Edel Quinn Hall, Kanturk on Friday 12th August. Full details from (087) 9735113
- IRISH SIGN LANGUAGE CLASSES: John Patrick Doherty, Chaplin for Deaf People, is running an 8 week Irish Sign Language Class in the diocese. For more information contact: johnpatrick @ncdp.ie or text (087) 9062947.
- THANK YOU to everyone who supported the recent church gate collection for the Irish Cancer Society in Millstreet. Total collected: €1,500.60.
- ANNUAL PADRE PIO Commemorative Mass & Blessing with relics on this Sunday 7th August starting at 2.30p.m. at the Church of the Holy Spirit, Dennehy’s Cross, Cork.
- FOUND: A sum of money was found outside the Church in Millstreet last weekend. Contact Parish Office.