PARISH NEWSLETTER for BALLYDALY-CULLEN-MILLSTREET
Fifteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time – 10th July, 2016
Canon John Fitzgerald P.P. Tel Nos. Millstreet 029-70043/Mobile 087-7752948
Email: <email> www.dioceseofkerry.ie
PARISH OFFICE OPENING HOURS: MONDAY-TUESDAY- WEDNESDAY-FRIDAY
10.00a.m.-1.00p.m. & 2.00p.m.-5.00p.m.
Your prayers are requested for the repose of the souls of the following and for those whose anniversaries occur around this time, and for those for whom masses will be offered during the week:
Mass Intentions this Week-end:
Saturday 9th July:
Millstreet Vigil 6.30 p.m. Frank Reen Snr., Main Street
Sunday 10th July:
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m. Christy Philpott, Ballydaly
Cullen 10.15 a.m. Jack & Mary O’Brien, Carrigaline
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Patsy Tarrant, Coole
Anniversaries: Teresa Murphy, Minor Row; Jack Healy, Minor Row; Joe O’Mahony, Liscahane; Jackie Kelleher, Station Road; Bonnie Morley, Lislehane; Margaret Buckley, Toorbonia; Bridget & John O’Leary, Gortavehy; Mary Fitzpatrick, Mallow; Fr. Batty Desmond, Carriganima; William O’Riordan, Laught.
Mass Intentions for next week:
Saturday 16th July:
Millstreet 6.30 p.m. Kathleen Murphy, Murphy’s Terrace
Sunday 17th July:
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m. Joan & Andrew Guerin, Knocknagullane & their son Andrew Patrick
Cullen 10.15a.m. Katie & Val O’Leary, Cullen
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Dorothy & Christy Fitzgerald, Macroom Road
Millstreet Church: Mass times this week, unless there is a funeral.
Mass on Monday for Fr. Dan Cronin & Sr. Veronica Cronin, Dooneen at 7.30p.m.
Mass on Tuesday for John Sherlock, Skibbereen at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Wednesday for People of the Parish at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Thursday for Nora Kelleher, Kilmeedy Upper at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Friday for Kathleen & Kevin Hickey, Shanaknuck at 7.30p.m.
Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament every Tuesday & Wednesday from 10.30a.m. to 10.30p.m. in the Blessed Sacrament Chapel, Millstreet.
CONFESSIONS: Every Saturday in Millstreet Church 12.30p.m.-1.00p.m.
Rotas for Next Weekend 16th/17th July
|6.30 p.m.||Joe Kelly||Group A|
|11.30 a.m.||Pat Breen|
|9.00 a.m.||Maeve O’Sullivan||Group E|
|10.15 a.m.||Aisling O’Riordan||Group F|
CULLEN CHURCH: Collector for next weekend (17th): Willie O’Connell
Mass on next Thursday at 7.30p.m. for Denis & Margaret Curtin, Knocknageeha.
Mass on next Friday at 6.30p.m. for Nora Mary Murphy, Cullen & America (recently deceased).
EUCHARISTIC ADORATION every Thursday in Cullen Church from 10.00a.m. to 7.00p.m. All are welcome.
LEGION OF MARY: Meeting on Tuesday night in The Parish Centre at 8.00p.m.
STATION THIS WEEK: for Curragh, Ballinatona & Ballyvouskil on Saturday next (16th) in the home of Jerry & Nuala O’Riordan at 10.30a.m.
MILLSTREET ALTAR SOCIETY: for 10th & 17th July: Group F
- BALLYDALY CHURCH: A sum of money was found in Ballydaly Church last weekend. Please contact the Parish office.
- OPENING PARADE: The Green Glens Arena will host the World Team championship between 11th & 16th An opening parade will take place in Millstreet on Tuesday next 12th July at 6.30p.m. 150 horses representing 30 participating teams from 20 countries will take part. The parade is organised in conjunction with Millstreet Community Council. Local businesses are invited to decorate their premises with flags of the country of their choice.
- CULLEN & DISTRICT SPECIAL NEEDS ASSOCIATION: Annual Harvest Afternoon Laitiarian Sunday 24th
- CHURCH GATE COLLECTION in aid of Millstreet Hospital Fund will take place in Ballydaly & Cullen on Sunday 17th
- PILGRMAGE TO KNOCK & LOUGH DERG: 22nd-24th August (3 days). Includes visit to Knock, day retreat to Lough Derg, coach for 3 days, breakfasts, evening meals & accommodation in Bundoran. Early booking advisable – deposits secures booking. Contact Ken O’Day for details (087) 2048677.
- HISTORY OUTING – “Annagh, Derrymore & Derryquay”: 17th July at 2.30p.m. Led by Liam Sayers. Meet at Annagh Graveyard Car Park (2km west of Blennerville). All welcome
- KERRY SAMARITANS are always contactable day & night, via the free call number 116 123.
- PARISH FINANCIAL REPORT 2015: Copies of the Parish accounts for last year (2015) are available at the back of each Church this weekend. This year the Parish Pastoral Council have included details of the various groups and activities which make up Parish life. Please take a copy home with you.
- THOUGHT FOR THE WEEK: “Anyone can make you happy by doing something special, but only someone special can make you happy without doing anything.”