PARISH NEWSLETTER for BALLYDALY-CULLEN-MILLSTREET
Twelfth Sunday in Ordinary Time – 19th June, 2016
Canon John Fitzgerald P.P. Tel Nos. Millstreet 029-70043/Mobile 087-7752948
Email: <email> www.dioceseofkerry.ie
PARISH OFFICE OPENING HOURS: MONDAY-TUESDAY- WEDNESDAY-FRIDAY
10.00a.m.-1.00p.m. & 2.00p.m.-5.00p.m.
Your prayers are requested for the repose of the souls of the following and for those whose anniversaries occur around this time, and for those for whom masses will be offered during the week:
RECENT DEATHS: John Healy, Australia & Cahirdowney; Nora Mary Murphy (nee Lynch) Lislehane & America; Danny Morley, Cullen, Newmarket & London; Sr. Carmela Meade, Tralee & Knocknagree.
Mass Intentions this Week-end:
Saturday 18th June:
Millstreet Vigil 6.30 p.m. Nora & Jim Coleman, Murphy’s Terrace
Sunday 19th June:
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m. John O’Brien, Ballydaly
Cullen 10.15 a.m. Peter Cronin, Knockduff
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Mick Kelleher, Killowen & his brother Con Kelleher, Skibbereen & Killowen (recently deceased)
Anniversaries: Nora Dennehy, Lackabawn; James Daly, The Bridge; Kathleen Buicke, Murphy’s Terrace; Gearoid Hickey, West End; Margaret Sheahan, Ballinatona; Eily Cronin, Knocknakilla; Dan & Ellen Harrington & Pat Burke, Knocknakilla; John & Catherine Kelleher, Carrigacooleen; Hannah & Michael O’Connor, Cloghoulabeg & Church Street; Peter & Nora Desmond, Claramore; Duncan Robinson, Ballydaly Upper; John Dennehy, Two Gneeves; Hannah O’Sullivan, Tubber; Daniel Duggan, Carriganima.
Mass Intentions for next week:
Saturday 25th June:
Millstreet 6.30 p.m. Sheila McSweeney, Murphy’s Terrace
Sunday 26th June:
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m. Breda Hickey, Claraghatlea
Cullen 10.15a.m. John Fleming, Cullen
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Mary Sheehan, Tanyard Wood
CONFESSIONS: Every Saturday in Millstreet Church 12.30p.m.-1.00p.m.
LEGION OF MARY: Meeting on Tuesday night in The Parish Centre at 8.00p.m.
MILLSTREET ALTAR SOCIETY: for 26th June & 3rd July: Group E
Rotas for Next Weekend 25th/26th June
|6.30 p.m.||Deirdre Meade||Group C|
|11.30 a.m.||Raymond Gilbourne|
|9.00 a.m.||Joanne Gould||Group B|
|10.15 a.m.||Liam Fitzgerald||Group C|
Millstreet Church: Mass times this week, unless there is a funeral.
Mass on Monday for Eily Cronin, Knocknakilla at 7.30p.m.
Mass on Tuesday for People of the Parish & End of Year Mass School Mass
Mass on Wednesday for Kathleen Buicke, Murphy’s Terrace at 10.00.m.
Mass on Thursday (Private Intention) at 10.00a.m.
ANNUAL MASS IN ST. JOHN’S WELL AT 7.30p.m.
Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament every Tuesday & Wednesday from 10.30a.m. to 10.30p.m. in the Blessed Sacrament Chapel, Millstreet.
CULLEN CHURCH: Collector for next weekend (26th): Paudie O’Keeffe
Mass on next Thursday at 7.30p.m. in Cullen Cemetery
EUCHARISTIC ADORATION every Thursday in Cullen Church from 10.00a.m. to 7.00p.m. All are welcome.
- PRIMARY SCHOOL SPORTS on this Monday (20th) in Town Park at 10.45a.m.
- WILLIE NEENAN 5 MILE ROAD RACE will take place on Friday 24th June – walker’s start of 7.30p.m. & runners at 8.15p.m.
- CULLEN & DISTRICT SPECIAL NEEDS ASSOCIATION: Meeting on Monday 20th at 8.00p.m. Annual Harvest Afternoon Laitiarian Sunday 24th July.
- MILLSTREET GRAMOPHONE CIRCLE will meet on Friday 24th June in Canon O’Donovan Centre at 8.15p.m. Guest presenter: Anne McCarthy, Boherbue.
- PILGRIMAGE: The Boherbue & Kiskeam Annual Pilgrimage to Knock Shrine will take place on Wednesday 29th Contact Philomena (029) 76116 or Maura on (029) 76217
- VOLUNTEERS wanted for some Computer/IT or administration skills for Saint Mary of the Angels & Saint John of God Kerry Services. Contact Helen (087) 1338702
- ST JOHN OF GOD KERRY SERVICES: Golf classic on Friday 5th August at O’Mahony’s Point, Killarney. Contact Helen (087) 1338702
- OPEN GARDEN in the home of Gertie & Maurice O’Donoghue, Carrignavar on 25th & 26th June (2.00-6.00p.m.) in aid of Marymount Hospice. (Signposted at Rathduff)
- JOSEPH’S YOUNG PRIEST SOCIETY DAY TRIP TO KNOCK: All in package including breakfast, evening meal & coach €55.00. Contact (023) 8849196 to book a place. Organised by Cormac O’Connor Coach Tours.
Happy Father’s Day to all Fathers
We stop and think of our Fathers this weekend.
We pray for them and simply say “thank you” for being our Father