PARISH NEWSLETTER for BALLYDALY-CULLEN-MILLSTREET
The Ascension of the Lord – 8th May, 2016
Canon John Fitzgerald P.P. Tel Nos. Millstreet 029-70043/Mobile 087-7752948
Email: <email> www.dioceseofkerry.ie
PARISH OFFICE OPENING HOURS: MONDAY-TUESDAY- WEDNESDAY-FRIDAY
10.00a.m.-1.00p.m. & 2.00p.m.-5.00p.m.
Your prayers are requested for the repose of the souls of the following and for those whose anniversaries occur around this time, and for those for whom masses will be offered during the week:
RECENT DEATHS: Mary Gallagher. Culdaff, Co. Donegal
Mass Intentions this Week-end:
Saturday 7th May:
Millstreet Vigil 6.30 p.m. Andrew O’Sullivan & the deceased members of the O’Sullivan family, Main Street.
Sunday 8th May:
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m. People of the Parish
Cullen 10.15 a.m. Denis T & Peg Murphy, Lisnaboy
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Jimmy Cashman, Clara Road
Anniversaries: Michael Dennehy, Coomlogane; Amanda Fitzgerald, Murphy’s Terrace; Jerry Hickey, Pound Hill; Lena Cronin, Pound Hill; Nell Twomey, Pound Hill; Fintan Kiely, Liscahane; Mamie Twomey, Mill View; Michael Ryan, Killarney Road; Abina Taylor, Killarney Road; Hannie Lane, Aubane; John Joe & Nora Mary O’Mahony, Cockhill; Sr. Veronica Cronin, Dooneen; Jeremiah & Tom O’Connor, Ballinekeen; Theresa Herlihy, Cahirbarnagh; Timothy Kelleher, Lislehane; Sr. Ann Margaret O’Connor, Kippagh; Fr. Dan Cronin, Gneeveguilla & USA; Frank, Denis & Mary Lucey, Canovee; Ted & Eileen Vaughan, Churchtown.
Mass Intentions for next week:
Saturday 14th May:
Millstreet 6.30 p.m. Jack Healy, Kilmeedy
Sunday 15th May:
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m. Mass for People of the Parish
Cullen 10.15a.m. Emma Dineen, Carrigaline, Rathmore
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Bob O’Sullivan, Gortavehy
Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament every Tuesday & Wednesday from 10.30a.m. to 10.30p.m. in the Blessed Sacrament Chapel, Millstreet.
CONFESSIONS: Every Saturday in Millstreet Church 12.30p.m.-1.00p.m.
LEGION OF MARY: meet every Tuesday night in Parish Centre at 8.00p.m.
MILLSTREET ALTAR SOCIETY: for 15th & 22nd May: Group B
Rotas for Next Weekend 14th/15th May
|6.30 p.m.||Tim Linehan||Group B|
|11.30 a.m.||Jerry Doody|
|9.00 a.m.||Maeve O’Sullivan||Group E|
|10.15 a.m.||Patricia Murphy||Group E|
Millstreet Church: Mass times this week, unless there is a funeral.
Mass on Monday for Sr. Ann Margaret O’Connor & the deceased members of the O’Connor Family, Kippagh. At 7.30p.m.
Mass on Tuesday for Michael Ryan, Killarney Road at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Wednesday (Private Intention) at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Thursday for Lena Cronin, Pound Hill at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Friday for The deceased members of the Desmond Family, Liscahane at 7.30.pm.
Saturday: First Holy Communion Mass at 11.00a.m.
CULLEN CHURCH: Collector for next weekend (15th): Willie O’Connell
Mass on next Thursday at 7.30p.m. for Matthew Bradley, Knocknagurrane
EUCHARISTIC ADORATION every Thursday in Cullen Church 10.00a.m. -7.00p.m
CORPUS CHRISTI PROCESSION: Sunday 29th May after 11.30a.m. Mass
- TUBRID WELL: During the month of May the Rosary will be recited each night at 8.00p.m. at the Grotto. All welcome. Annual Mass Friday 27th May
- MILLSTREET ACTIVE RETIRED ASSOCIATION. Tea Dance in The Wallis Arms on this Sunday 2.30-5.30p.m. Music by Peter Lane. All welcome.
- MILLSTREET COMMUNITY SCHOOL: Junior Cert Mass for students & parents on Tuesday (10th) at 3.20p.m. in school library. Language & Culture Night on Thursday 12th at 7.00p.m. in school library. Admission free – all welcome.
- MILLSTREET GRAMOPHONE CIRCLE: This month’s presentation takes place on Friday next (13th) at 8.15p.m. in Canon O’Donovan Centre. Guest presenter: Tim Murphy, Boherbue. This is part of Bealtaine Festival 2016
- MASS AT KILCORNEY GROTTO on this Tuesday evening at 8.00p.m.
- DROMTARIFFE ICA: Tuesday 10th at 8.30p.m. Guest speaker Sliabh Luachra Garden Centre.
- ANNUAL ALL IRELAND ROSARY RALLY IN KNOCK: Saturday 4th Bus leaving the Square in Millstreet at 6.30a.m. Details from Peggy O’Shea, Essie Roche or Cait Ring (086) 8736614
- CONFERENCE FOR YOUNG CATHOLICS (18-35): 8th-10th July in Maynooth. Details at back of each Church.
- ARDFERT CENTRE: Introduction to Focusing Weekend by Fr. Adrian Farrelly O.P. 13th-15th Contact (066) 7134276
- CHY3 FORMS: Over the past number of weeks the Parish has sent out letters and Tax Return Forms to Parishioners who had donated €250 or more during 2015. These forms allow the Parish to reclaim tax on these donations. In 2015 we claimed €32,235.00 for donations in 2014. This is a substantial amount of money and could be increased if all eligible households returned completed forms. We ask you to please complete the forms and return to the Parish Office at your earliest convenience. Please contact Parish office if you have any queries.