PARISH NEWSLETTER for BALLYDALY-CULLEN-MILLSTREET
Fourth Sunday of Easter – 17th April, 2016
Canon John Fitzgerald P.P. Tel Nos. Millstreet 029-70043/Mobile 087-7752948
Email: <email> www.dioceseofkerry.ie
PARISH OFFICE OPENING HOURS: MONDAY-TUESDAY- WEDNESDAY-FRIDAY
10.00a.m.-1.00p.m. & 2.00p.m.-5.00p.m.
Your prayers are requested for the repose of the souls of the following and for those whose anniversaries occur around this time, and for those for whom masses will be offered during the week:
RECENT DEATHS: Jeremiah Forde, Station Road
Mass Intentions this Week-end:
Saturday 16th April:
Millstreet Vigil 6.30 p.m. William O’Leary, Dromnahilla
Sunday 17th April:
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m. John Guerin, Ballydaly
Cullen 10.15 a.m. Denis Cronin, Coolinarne
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Breda O’Leary, The Square
Anniversaries: Mary O’Mahony, Cloghoulabeg; Patrick Murphy, Cloughoulabeg; Patrick Cronin, Murphys’ Terrace; Bart & Noel Keating, Murphy’s Terrace; May O’Connor, Church Street; Anthony & Sr. Margaret Manley, The Square; Pat O’Donnell, Liscahane; Dan Breen, Killarney Road; Patrick O’Donoghue, Aubane; Kathleen Dennehy, Two Gneeves; Michael & Sean O’Riordan, Knocknagree; Murt Kelleher, North Horsemount
Mass Intentions for next week:
Saturday 23rd April:
Millstreet 6.30 p.m. Florrie & Nannie O’Donoghue, Lackabawn
Sunday 24th April:
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m.
Cullen 10.15a.m. John & Mary Naughton, Ahane
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Kitty & Arthur Moynihan, Flintfield
Millstreet Church: Mass times this week, unless there is a funeral.
Mass on Monday for Brendan Kiely, Station Road at 7.30p.m.
Mass on Tuesday (Private Intention) at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Wednesday for People of the Parish at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Thursday for Ann Mullane at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Friday for the deceased members of the Manley Family &
John “Sing” O’Sullivan, The Square.
Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament every Tuesday & Wednesday from 10.30a.m. to 10.30p.m. in the Blessed Sacrament Chapel, Millstreet.
CONFESSIONS: Every Saturday in Millstreet Church 12.30p.m.-1.00p.m.
Rotas for Next Weekend 23rd/24th April
|6.30 p.m.||Catriona Kelleher||Group D|
|11.30 a.m.||Eileen O’Sullivan|
|9.00 a.m.||Joanne Herlihy||Group B|
|10.15 a.m.||Marie Walsh||Group B|
CULLEN CHURCH: Collector for next weekend (24th): Paudie O’Keeffe
Mass on next Thursday at 7.30p.m. for Mary Hickey, Carrigaline, Rathmore (recently deceased)
EUCHARISTIC ADORATION Thursday in Cullen Church from 10.00a.m. to 7.00p.m. All are welcome
LEGION OF MARY: Meeting on Tuesday night in The Parish Centre at 8.00p.m.
DIOCESE OF KERRY: Course in Youth Pastoral Ministry 2016-2017: Applications forms available in Parish Office.
- MILLSTREET TURF CO-OPERATIVE: Annual General Meeting on Wednesday 20th April at 9.00p.m. in Canon O’Donovan Centre.
- MILLSTREET/BALLYDALY IFA: wish to thank all those who attended their recent vote.
- DAWN MASS: Friday 29th April at the Source of the Blackwater with music by members of the Duhallow Choral Society. To register please ring (029) 60633
- “PATRICK”: A play written & directed by journalist Aiden O’Connor on the 1916 story of Captain Patrick O’Connor. This performance will be premiered in Rathmore Community Centre on Saturday 23rd & Sunday 24th April at 8.00p.m. Tickets available: (064) 7758588 or (086) 0604732
- ARDFERT RETREAT CENTRE: Enneagram (22nd-24th April) – discover the unique person God made you to be. Emmeagram is a powerful tool for understanding yourself and helping you with your spiritual evolution. Further details (066) 7134276. Self-care Day: Saturday 30th April from 9.45-4.00p.m. Practical skills for stress management & emotional wellness. Contact Betty Garnett (087) 8498061
- MILLSTREET COMMUNITY HOSPITAL: Nurses wanted – flexible hours available. Contact Margaret or Noreen (029) 70050 0r (029) 70003 during office hours.
- MILLSTREET COMMUNITY SCHOOL TY SLEEP OUT: Monday 18th April 7.00p.m. until Tuesday 19th April at 7.00a.m. outside Church. Theme:
- MILLSTREET PITCH & PUTT CLUB: Coaching on Thursday 28th April & Thursday 5th Juveniles 6.00 -7.00p.m. Adults 7.00-8.00p.m. All welcome.
- THANK YOU to everyone who supported the recent street collections for Daffodil Day. Total raised: €4,145.00.
- CULLEN RACE NIGHT: Sunday 1st May in Flemings Bar at 9.00a.m.
- THANK YOU to everyone who supported the recent Church Gate Collection of the Cork North West Branch of MS Ireland. Total raised: €1,201.50
- “PEGGY LYNCH’S KNOCK & LOUGH DERG PILGRIMAGE” 7th & 8th €195 p.p.s. Details from O’Callaghan Coach Holidays (064) 6631095