Millstreet Monument Committee
The centenary commemoration of the 1916 Rising and the mobilisation of the four local companies – Keale, Millstreet, Mushera and Rathduane will take place next Sunday. The 11.30 Mass in St. Patrick’s Church, Millstreet will be in memory of the local deceased Irish Volunteers who participated in Easter manoeuvres 1916. (In the event of a funeral, the funeral will take precedence) All descendants and relatives of the Volunteers of the above Companies are invited to attend.
After Mass the Millstreet Pipe Band will lead the parade of descendants, relatives and the general public from the West End to the Square. The colour party will include Órla Twomey, Hannah Meaney, Pádraig Moynihan and Donnagh Murphy. The ceremony in the Square will include:
- Raising of the National Flag by Connie Foley,
- Laying of Wreath at Monument by Tadgh Crowley,
- Cullen School Ballad Group: My Last Farewell
- Sounding of the last post,
- Recital of decade of the rosary by Josephine Murphy,
- Reading the proclamation by Nóirín Ní hEalaithe,
- Oration by Tom Meaney,
- Playing of the National Anthem by Millstreet Pipe Band
- MC Jerry Lehane will give an explanation of the two new plaques
Fáilte Roimhe Gach Éinne.
Everybody Welcome .