PARISH NEWSLETTER for BALLYDALY-CULLEN-MILLSTREET
PALM SUNDAY – 20th March, 2016.
Canon John Fitzgerald P.P. Tel Nos. Millstreet 029-70043/Mobile 087-7752948
Email: <email> www.dioceseofkerry.ie
PARISH OFFICE OPENING HOURS: MONDAY-TUESDAY- WEDNESDAY-FRIDAY
10.00a.m.-1.00p.m. & 2.00p.m.-5.00p.m.
Your prayers are requested for the repose of the souls of the following and for those whose anniversaries occur around this time, and for those for whom masses will be offered during the week:
Recent Deaths: Patrick Brosnan, Ahane
Mass Intentions this Week-end
Saturday 19th March:
Millstreet Vigil 6.30 p.m. John Joe & Teresa Tangney, Main Street
Sunday 20th March:
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m. Mary Moynihan, Ballydaly
Cullen 10.15 a.m. Nora Fleming, Meenaglorherane
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Daniel & Elizabeth Creedon, Cloghoula
Anniversaries: Eily Greaney, Lackabawn; Nora Coffey, Macroom Road; Peg Healy, Murphy’s Terrace; Andrew Lynch, Ballydaly; Cait & Dermot Cronin, Kilmeedy; Nora Kelleher, Kilmeedy Lower; Denis O’Regan, Station Road; Kathleen Hickey, Shanaknuck;Michael O’Mahony, Ballydaly & Millstreet; Andrew Patrick Guerin, Knocknagullane; Kathleen Forde, Lislehane; Con O’Sullivan, Lyreaoune; John & Catherine O’Donoghue, Aubane; J.J. O’Mahony, Clonakilty; Mick Dineen, Ballingeary; Leah Long, Ballingeary; Mary O’Brien, Carrigaline; Harry Dimmock, Aubane & London; Abby McCarthy, Minor Row & Cork.
Mass Intentions for next week:
Saturday 26th March:
Millstreet 8.00 p.m. Easter Vigil – Mass for People of the Parish Sunday 27th March:
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m.
Cullen 10.15a.m. John Ring, Eagloune
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Commemoration Mass for 1916 Volunteers
Millstreet Church: Mass times this week, unless there is a funeral.
Mass on Monday for Nora Rae, Kilcorney at 7.30p.m.
Mass on Tuesday People of the Parish at 10.00am.
Mass on Wednesday for (Private Intention) at 10.00a.m.
DIVINE MERCY NOVENA will commence after Good Friday ceremonies and will continue for 9 days at 3.00p.m. each day in the Church finishing on Divine Mercy Sunday (3rd April)
Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament every Tuesday from 10.30a.m. to 10.30p.m. & Wednesday from 10.30a.m. to 8.30p.m (please note change of time this week). in the Blessed Sacrament Chapel, Millstreet. Requests for Prayer & Special Intentions – A box & slips of papers for these intentions can be found at the back of the Church. Each Tuesday & Wednesday the box will be placed on the altar for Mass and then placed in the Adoration Chapel so that people attending can pray for them
CULLEN CHURCH: Collector for next weekend: (27th): Billy O’Sullivan
There will be no Exposition in Cullen on Holy Thursday.
DO THIS IN MEMORY: The next night of the special Parish based programme for parents and children preparing for First Holy Communion will take place on Thursday at the Holy Thursday Mass in Cullen at 6.30p.m. and in Millstreet at 8.00p.m. All parents/guardians are asked to participate in this programme.
CHRISM MASS: The Chrism Mass will take place this year in St. Mary’s Cathedral, Killarney at 7.30p.m. on Tuesday 22nd March. This is a solemn occasion during which the oils, used for the celebration of the sacraments throughout the diocese, are blessed. The ceremony also provides an opportunity for priests to renew their promises. All are invited to come to the celebration of the Mass and refreshments will be available afterwards in St. Brendan’s College refectory.
In preparation for Easter a Penitential Service will be held in Millstreet Church on Wednesday 23rd Mach from 7.30 to 8.30p.m. The Blessed Sacrament will be exposed in the Church for that hour. Visiting priests will be available for Confessions.
- AUBANE SOCIAL CLUB: Annual Good Friday Table Quiz at 8.30p.m. Tables of 4 – €40.00.
- CULLEN & DISTRICT SPECIAL NEED ASSOCIATION wishes to thank everyone who supported the very successful weigh-in this year.
- THANK YOU: The organisers of the recent COPE Foundation Church Gate collections would like to thank you for your continued generosity. Total collected €1,853.00
- ARDFERT RETREAT CENTRE: Celtic Spirituality – Indoor & Outdoor experiences by Fr. Michael Rodgers. Retreat will take place at Ardfert Retreat Centre from 8th-10th Further details from Ardfert Centre (066) 7134276.
- THANK YOU to 119 donors who attended the recent Blood Donor Clinic
- CENSUS 2016: The Census of Populations 2016 will take place on Sunday 24th Census forms are being delivered to homes in all areas between 23rd March & 23rd April by Census Enumerators. All Enumerators carry Photo ID and wear Hi-Viz jackets – a very important security check.
- THANK YOU: To everyone who supported the recent collection taken up by Fr. Liam Dunne of Divine Word Missionaries. Total donated: €1,904.00
- PARISH OFFICE will be closed on Good Friday (25th) – please ensure all notices for newsletter are submitted by 12 noon on Thursday (24th).
- MILLSTREET COMMUNITY TEXT ALERT SYSTEM is now in operation in the area. Any suspicious sightings of persons/vehicles are to be reported to Macroom Garda (026) 20590. (24 hr) Everyone is requested to store this number in their personal mobile phone. If you wish to join this system please contact Pat (087)2435855; Marie (087) 2802529 or Joseph (087) 2823646.