PARISH NEWSLETTER for BALLYDALY-CULLEN-MILLSTREET
Fourth Sunday of Lent – 6th March, 2016
Canon John Fitzgerald P.P. Tel Nos. Millstreet 029-70043/Mobile 087-7752948
Email: <email> www.dioceseofkerry.ie
PARISH OFFICE OPENING HOURS: MONDAY-TUESDAY- WEDNESDAY-FRIDAY
10.00a.m.-1.00p.m. & 2.00p.m.-5.00p.m.
Your prayers are requested for the repose of the souls of the following and for those whose anniversaries occur around this time, and for those for whom masses will be offered during the week:
RECENT DEATHS: Florrie O’Leary, San Francisco & Lislehane; Anthony Murphy, Ballydaly & London; Peggy Barrett, Fortgrady.
Mass Intentions this Week-end:
Saturday 5th March:
Millstreet Vigil 6.30 p.m. Peg O’Keeffe, Drishane Road
Sunday 6th March:
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m. Nellie White, Tubber
Cullen 10.15 a.m. Frank O’Leary, Lissaniska & the deceased members of the O’Leary Family
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Joe Garvey, Killarney Road
Anniversaries: Kevin O’Sullivan & the deceased members of the O’Sullivan Family, Main Street; Dolly Barrett, Main Street; Bridget Burke, Murphy’s Terrace; Daniel Murphy, Murphy’s Terrace; Eugene Barrett, Aubane; Catherine Devine, Cockhill; Kate Murphy, Flintfield; Kathy Twohig, Annagloor; Daniel & Hannah Barrett, Carrigacooleen; Dan Joe & Donie Dineen, Cahirbarnagh; Batty O’Donoghue, Knockduff; Mary Murphy, Laharn; Catherine O’Connor, Kilcummin; Nora & Arthur Roberts, Aubane & Wales; Margaret O’Shea, Newmarket & Millstreet
Mass Intentions for next week:
Saturday 12th March:
Millstreet 6.30 p.m. James & Nellie Corcoran, Dooneen
Sunday 13th March:
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m. Billy & Mary Jo Murphy, Coole
Cullen 10.15a.m. Nora & Dan O’Leary, Umeraboy
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Julia, Denny & Jerry Kelleher, Cahirdowney
Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament every Tuesday & Wednesday from 10.30a.m. to 10.30p.m. in the Blessed Sacrament Chapel, Millstreet.
LECTIO DIVINA continues during Lent Monday night in the Sacristy at 8.00p.m.
LEGION OF MARY: Meeting on Tuesday night in The Parish Centre at 8.00p.m. If anyone is interested in having the statue of Our Lady of Fatima in their home for a week please contact the following numbers (029)71303 or (087) 6805448.
Rotas for Next Weekend 12th/13th March
|6.30 p.m.||Michéal Gleeson||Group A|
|11.30 a.m.||Bernie Lane|
|9.00 a.m.||Brendan O’Sullivan||Group E|
|10.15 a.m.||Marie Morley||Group A|
Millstreet Church: Mass times this week, unless there is a funeral.
Mass on Monday for Jerry Corkery, Coomlogane at 7.30p.m.
Mass on Tuesday (Private Intention) at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Wednesday (Private Intention) at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Thursday for Bridget & Jim Burke, Murphy’s Terrace and their daughter Breda Hickey, Claraghatlea at 10.00a.m.
Friday: Stations of the Cross at 7.00p.m. followed by Mass. for Brenda & Julia Hartnett, The Bridge at 7.30p.m.
CULLEN CHURCH: Collector for next weekend (13th): Conor Morley
Mass on next Thursday at 7.30p.m. for People of the Parish
EUCHARISTIC ADORATION Thursday in Cullen Church 10.00a.m. – 7.00p.m.
DIOCESAN COLLECTION next weekend (12th/13th) for: Emigrant Services
BALLYDALY DIOCESAN COLLECTOR: Eileen Guerin
MUSIC MINISTRY FOR YOUNG PEOPLE: A meeting for those interested in developing Music Ministry will be held on Thursday 10th March at 7.30p.m. in the John Paul II Pastoral Centre, Killarney. Information from Tomas Kenny (086) 3683778
- COFFEE MORNING in aid of Daffodil Day on Wednesday next 9th March in GAA Hall between 9.30 & 12.30p.m.
- CULLEN DISTRICT SPECIAL NEEDS ASSOCIATION: Annual sponsored weigh-in only 2 nights left (7th & 14th)
- CULLEN PIPE BAND: Cake sale on Sunday 13th March after Mass. Also Tickets for 75th Anniversary Social will be available for purchase.
- MILLSTREET MONUMENT COMMITTEE will host a talk entitled “Order, Counter-order, and Disorder Easter 1916 in Cork”; on Wednesday 9th March in The Wallis Arms at 8.00p.m. The committee will also launch their publication
- ANNUAL ST. PATRICK’S DAY PARADE: will commence at 5.00p.m. from Green Glens Car Park in Station Road.
- ANNUAL CONSECRATION TO OUR LADY will be held on Sunday 13th March at 3.00p.m. in the Church of the Resurrection, Killarney. It comprise of Rosary, short sermon, consecration and Benediction of the Most Blessed Sacrament. This event is organised by the Legion of Mary. All welcome.
- JOAN FREEMAN of Pieta House will give a talk on Suicide Awareness on Monday night in Boherbue Hall at 7.45p.m.
- MILLSTREET COMMUNITY TEXT ALERT SYSTEM is now in operation in the area. Any suspicious sightings of persons/vehicles are to be reported to Macroom Garda (026) 20590. (24 hr) Everyone is requested to store this number in their personal mobile phone. If you wish to join this system please contact Pat (087)2435855; Marie (087) 2802529 or Joseph (087) 2823646.
- HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY to all mothers. We pray for them & simply say thank you for being our Mother.