LTV2 Millstreet Programme 268 now online we hope you enjoy our latest Programme.
00:00 Trudi Lawlor sings “My Old Cottage Home In The Glen”
02:00 Eily and Seán talk about an upcoming concert with Trudi, an old style lantern, Little Nellie of Holy God (Nellie Organ), upcoming Christmas events, remembering Christmas windows in Millstreet (Lilly Guerin’s, Minor Row; Jackie O’Sullivan’s (Cooley’s), Main St.), and the studio is now falling down!
14:40 Bird Life by Brendan
17:04 Brendan and Jerry talk about hungry birds
20:18 At the unveiling of the Padraig Pearse plaque at Corkery’s Bar (formerly the Railway Hotel) on the 100th anniversary of his visit (22nd August 2015)
– 20:18 Jerry Lehane introduces the speakers:
– 20:40 Unveiling by sisters Margaret Moynihan and Noreen Corkery, with music by Millstreet Comhaltas
– 23:20 Fr. Seán Tucker talks about Padraig Pearse, and blesses the new plaque
– 30:40 Tom Meaney talks the about the history of the time … but unfortunately the rain started and cut his speech short
37:25 Back in studio with Eily and Seán, talking about the Padraig Pearse visit
41:25 Christina O’Connell retiring from Derrinagree Post Office in which she started in 1951, LTV2 relive the history of those years:
– 42:00 Charlie Drake talks about olden times when Dromtarriffe had four Post Offices, a dance hall and more
– 45:15 Donie Lucey with a copy of the first ever Irish stamp
– 46:00 Christina receives a present from Hong Kong
46:45 Big Tom plays out the Show