PARISH NEWSLETTER for BALLYDALY-CULLEN-MILLSTREET
Our Lord Jesus Christ King of the Universe – 22nd November, 2015
Canon John Fitzgerald P.P. Tel Nos. Millstreet 029-70043/Mobile 087-7752948
Email: <email> www.dioceseofkerry.ie
PARISH OFFICE OPENING HOURS: MONDAY-TUESDAY- WEDNESDAY-FRIDAY
10.00a.m.-1.00p.m. & 2.00p.m.-5.00p.m.
Your prayers are requested for the repose of the souls of the following and for those whose anniversaries occur around this time, and for those for whom masses will be offered during the week:
Mass Intentions this Week-end:
Saturday 21st November:
Millstreet Vigil 6.30 p.m. Jerome O’Hare, Coole
Sunday 22nd November:
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m. Mary Guiney, Drishane Road
Cullen 10.15 a.m. Phil Cremin, Church Hill & Batty Cronin, Turrencahill
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Denis Sheehan, Kanturk
Anniversaries: Hugh & Catherine Kelleher, Cloghoulabeg; Tim Buckley, Murphy’s Terrace; Julia Cronin, Murphy’s Terrace; Betty Fitzgerald, Murphy’s Terrace; Pat & Breda Broderick, Clara Road; Moya Murphy, Claramore; Tommy O’Connor, Minor Row; Sheila Sherlock, Drishane View; Pat Mullane, Dromnahilla; Sonny, Ciss & Mary Buckley, Tullig; Mary O’Regan, Station Road; Julie & John C O’Leary, Adrivale; Margaret O’Connor, Kilmeedy; Maura Cronin, Knockduff; Margaret O’Keeffe, Kiletra; Peg Counihan, Dublin; Denis O’Donovan, Bandon; Edward, Hannah & AnnaMaria Fleming, Killarney
Mass Intentions for next week:
Saturday 28th November:
Millstreet 6.30 p.m. MASS FOR ALL THOSE WHO DIED IN THE PARISH IN THE PAST 12 MONTH
Sunday 29th November:
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m. Peter Murphy, Rathduane
Cullen 10.15a.m. Peg & Eugene Cronin, Cullen
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. John & Mary Murphy, Laharn, Boherbue
Millstreet Church: Mass times this week, unless there is a funeral.
Mass on Monday for Sheila Sherlock, Drishane View at 7.30p.m.
Mass on Tuesday for Pat Mullane, Dromnahilla at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Wednesday for Margaret O’Connor, Kilmeedy at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Thursday for Moya Murphy, Claramore at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Friday for Stephen O’Riordan, Kippagh & Galway at 7.30p.m.
Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament every Tuesday & Wednesday from 10.30a.m. to 10.30p.m. in the Blessed Sacrament Chapel, Millstreet.
CONFESSIONS: Every Saturday in Millstreet Church 12.30p.m.-1.00p.m.
Rotas for Next Weekend 28th/29th November
|6.30 p.m.||Maria Kelleher||Group C|
|11.30 a.m.||Veronica Lyons|
|9.00 a.m.||Maeve O’Sullivan||Group B|
|10.15 a.m.||Marie Morley||Group F|
CULLEN CHURCH: Collector for next weekend (29th): Dan O’Sullivan
Mass on next Thursday at 7.30p.m. for Peggy O’Leary, Ploverfield
EUCHARISTIC ADORATION: Thursday in Cullen Church 10.00a.m. to 7.00p.m.
LEGION OF MARY: Meeting on Tuesday night in The Parish Centre at 8.00p.m.
LECTIO DIVINA method of reflection on the Sunday Gospels will take place during the Advent season. The first meeting will take place on Monday 23rd November. At 8.00p.m. in THE SACRISTY.
DIVINE MERCY ADVENT NOVENA: in Millstreet Church this Sunday at 3.00p.m.
LAUNCH OF PASTORAL PLAN 2016-2020: You are all invited to the launch of “Be Christ’s Joy, Diocese of Kerry Pastoral Plan” in The Malton Conference Centre, on this Monday at 8.00p.m. The evening will be a celebration of faith & Dr. Patricia Kieran of Mary Immaculate College will offer her reflection, prior to Bishop Ray launching the Pastoral Plan. The evening will conclude by 9.30p.m.
MILLSTREET ALTAR SOCIETY: 29th November & 6th December: Group B
- PARENTS ASSOCIATION OF MILLSTREET NATIONAL SCHOOLS will hold their Church Gate Collection next weekend (28th/29th Nov)
- CULLEN & DISTRICT SPECIAL NEEDS ASSOCIATION: Annual Christmas Mass & Party on 5th December at 1.30p.m.
- CULLEN YOUNG AT HEART: Christmas Luncheon Celebration – Thursday 10th December at Riverside Park Hotel, Macroom. Immediate booking essential. Bus leaving Cullen Church at 12.45p.m.
- CULLEN COMMUNITY CENTRE: Annual General Meeting on Monday 23rd at 8.00pm.
- DROMTARIFFE ICA: Christmas Demonstration by “Enchanted Flowers” Macroom on Tuesday 24th November at 8.00p.m.
- MILLSTREET HOSPITAL: Annual 45 Drive on Sunday 6th December at 8.45p.m. in Green Glens.
- AUBANE COMMUNITY CENTRE: Crime Prevention Public meeting on Tuesday 24th November at 8.00p.m.
- DETAILS OF LOCAL TV: Sunday 29th at 5.30p.m. Famine Graveyard Mass followed at 6.30p.m. by a talk with Sr. Margaret Kiely, Ballydaly. Local TV can be seen on “Annalogue” 30 or 35. Contact LOCAL TV at (026) 44007.
- ADRFERT RETREAT CENTRE: Advent Retreat 4th-6th Dec conducted by Adrian Farrelly O.P. Details from Retreat Centre.
- MENTAL WELLNESS EXHIBITION at the Brandon Hotel, Tralee on November 29th between 1.00 & 6.00p.m. hosted by Be Aware Prevent Suicide.
- THANK YOU to everyone who supported Patricia’s recent Coffee Morning.
- MEMORIAL SERVICE in Kerry General Hospital on Thursday 26th Nov at 7.00p.m. for deceased members of staff of St. Catherine’s & Kerry General Hospital.