PARISH NEWSLETTER for BALLYDALY-CULLEN-MILLSTREET
Thirth Sunday in Ordinary Time – 25th October, 2015
Canon John Fitzgerald P.P. Tel Nos. Millstreet 029-70043/Mobile 087-7752948
Email: <email> www.dioceseofkerry.ie
PARISH OFFICE OPENING HOURS: MONDAY-TUESDAY- WEDNESDAY-FRIDAY
10.00a.m.-1.00p.m. & 2.00p.m.-5.00p.m.
Your prayers are requested for the repose of the souls of the following and for those whose anniversaries occur around this time, and for those for whom masses will be offered during the week:
Mass Intentions this Week-end:
Saturday 24th October:
Millstreet Vigil 6.30 p.m. Arthur O’Keeffe, Drishane Road
Sunday 25th October:
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m. Dan & Lily Guerin, Ballydaly
Cullen 10.15 a.m.Con Kerins, Lisnaboy
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Bill & Margaret O’Sullivan, Kilmeedy
Anniversaries: Gerard & Julia Dromey, Murphy’s Terrace; Julia Creedon, Liscahane; Denis, Catherine & John Desmond, Liscahane; Denny, Jerh & Andy McCarthy, Cloghoulabeg; Peggy Lane, Cahirdowney; Betty Culhane, Clara Road; John O’Connell, Dooneen; Mary Kearney, Lisnaboy; William O’Regan, Ballydaly; Nicholas Tarrant, Gortavehy; Maura McCarthy, Gurteen; Stefan Firek, Poland; Jerry & Lizzie Kelleher, Banteer.
Mass Intentions for next week:
Saturday 31st October:
Millstreet 6.30 p.m. Joan & Jack Healy, Minor Row
Sunday 1st November:
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m. Stefan Firek, Poland
Cullen 10.15a.m. Timmy John O’Riordan, Ahane
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Patrick & Nora Mary Corkery, West End Millstreet Church: Mass times this week, unless there is a funeral.
Mass on Monday for Matthew O’Riordan, Lackabawn (recently deceased) at 10.30a.m.
Mass on Tuesday for John Ryan, San Francisco at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Wednesday for Betty Culhane, Clara Road at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Thursday for People of the Parish at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Friday for the Reach Out Cancer Support Group at 7.30p.m.
Mass on Saturday (31st) for Tim Dennehy, Knockraha & Murphy’s Terrace at 12 noon followed by burial of ashes in St. Mary’s Cemetery.
Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament every Tuesday & Wednesday from 10.30a.m. to 10.30p.m. in the Blessed Sacrament Chapel, Millstreet.
MILLSTREET ALTAR SOCIETY: 1st & 8th November: Group F. If you would be interested in joining our Altar Society please contact the Parish Office.
LEGION OF MARY: Meeting on Tuesday night in The Parish Centre at 8.00p.m.
Rotas for Next Weekend 31st October/1st November
|6.30 p.m.||Tim Linehan||Group D|
|11.30 a.m.||Jerry Doody|
|9.00 a.m.||Mary Murphy||Group C|
|10.15 a.m.||Gillian McCarthy||Group B|
CULLEN CHURCH: Collector for next weekend (1st Nov): Pat Ryan
Mass on next Thursday at 7.30p.m. for the deceased members of the Goulding Family, Meenagloherane
EUCHARISTIC ADORATION every Thursday in Cullen Church 10.00am – 7.00p.m.
STATION MASSES THIS WEEK: Thursday 29th for Cockhill, Coolmore & Coolinaree in the home of Padraig & Sheila Tarrant at 10.30a.m.
Saturday 31st for Dooneen in the home of Con & Liz Buckley at 10.00a.m.
DROMTARIFFE PARISH presents “Come as you are” – the last of 4 enlightening evenings with inspirational speakers will take place on next Thursday 29th October in Derrinagree Church at 8.00p.m. – guest speaker: Sean Gallagher
BLESSING OF THE GRAVES – CULLEN & MILLSTREET
The Blessing of Graves in Cullen & Millstreet will take place on Sunday8th November
CULLEN CEMETERY: After 10.15a.m. Mass in Cullen
CHURCHYARD CEMETERY: After 11.30a.m. Mass in Millstreet
- MARY’S CEMETERY: 12.45p.m.
DRISHANE CEMETERY: 1.00p.m.
Candles will be blessed at all Masses next weekend.
The faithful who visit a cemetery and pray for the dead between 1st & 8th November may gain a Plenary Indulgence applicable only to the Holy Souls.
Date to remember: Mass for those who have died in Millstreet over the past 12 month will be held on Saturday 28th November at 6.30p.m.
- COFFEE MORNING in aid of Millstreet Hospital & COPE Mallow in Millstreet GAA Hall on Thursday 29th October between 9.30 & 1.30p.m.
- MILLSTREET REACH OUT CANCER SUPPORT GROUP will hold a Mass for members of our group and for anybody else who has been affected in any way by cancer on next Friday night at 7.30p.m. Tea and refreshments in Parish Centre after. All welcome.
- MILLSTREET COMMUNITY COUNCIL will hold their Annual General Meeting on Tuesday 17th November at 8.00p.m. in The Wallis Arms. New members welcome.
- 30 YEARS OF TWINNING: Celebration function in the Wallis Arms on 7th November at 8.00p.m. Tickets €15 each available from Anne (70867); Pat (70262) or Liam (086) 6380053.
- IRD DUHALLOW – Crime prevention seminar: On Tuesday 3rd November in Newmarket at 7.30p.m. Sgt. John Kelly, Crime Prevention Officer will be speaker.
- MILLSTREET COMMUNITY COUNCIL in conjunction with the local Gardai are in the process of setting up “Text Alerts” for the Millstreet area. Further details from: Marie (087) 2802829; Pat (087) 2435855; Joseph (087) 2823646
- WORKSHOP exploring the issue of migration will be held in St. John’s Parish Centre, Tralee on 28th Oct between 8.00 & 9.30p.m. All welcome
- REMINDER CLOCKS GO BACK ONE HOUR THIS WEEKEND.