PARISH NEWSLETTER for BALLYDALY-CULLEN-MILLSTREET
Twenty Seventh in Ordinary Time – 4th October, 2015
Canon John Fitzgerald P.P. Tel Nos. Millstreet 029-70043/Mobile 087-7752948
Email: <email> www.dioceseofkerry.ie
PARISH OFFICE OPENING HOURS: MONDAY-TUESDAY- WEDNESDAY-FRIDAY
10.00a.m.-1.00p.m. & 2.00p.m.-5.00p.m.
Your prayers are requested for the repose of the souls of the following and for those whose anniversaries occur around this time, and for those for whom masses will be offered during the week:
Mass Intentions this Week-end:
Saturday 3rd October:
Millstreet Vigil 6.30 p.m. Dan Joe & Hannah Quinn, Flintfield
Sunday 4th October:
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m. Dan Mulcahy, Aunagloor
Cullen 10.15 a.m. Harvest Mass:Hannah & Matthew Murphy, Lisnaboy Upper
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Kathleen, Nora Mary & Jer Lane, Ballinatona
Anniversaries: Eily Mai Hickey, Main Street; Diarmuid Kelleher, Tullig; Martin Moran, Ballyvouskil; Dan McNulty, Lackabawn; Michael Murphy, Pound Hill; Tade Hickey, Gortnacreeha; Jerome & Mary Dineen, Laharn.
Mass Intentions for next week:
Saturday 10th October:
Millstreet 6.30 p.m. Jim & Betty Fitzgerald, Murphy’s Terrace
Sunday 17th October:
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m. Andrew Guerin, Knocknagullane
Cullen 10.15a.m. Kathleen O’Sullivan, Ballydaly
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Noel Healy, Curracahill &
Canon O’Donovan Centre
Millstreet Church: Mass times this week, unless there is a funeral.
Mass on Monday for Hannah Mary Twomey, Mushera & Youghal at 7.30p.m.
Mass on Tuesday for People of the Parish at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Wednesday for Jerry McCarthy at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Thursday for Kevin Cronin, Clara Road at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Friday for Millstreet Active Retired Group at 7.30p.m.
Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament every Tuesday & Wednesday from 10.30a.m. to 10.30p.m. in the Blessed Sacrament Chapel, Millstreet.
CONFESSIONS: Every Saturday in Millstreet Church 12.30p.m.-1.00p.m.
LEGION OF MARY: Meeting on Tuesday night in The Sacristy at 8.00p.m.
EUCHARISTIC ADORATION every Thursday in Cullen Church 10.00a.m – 7.00p.m.
Rotas for Next Weekend 10th/11th October
|6.30 p.m.||Catriona Kelleher||Group A|
|11.30 a.m.||Eileen O’Sullivan|
|9.00 a.m.||Eileen Guerin||Group E|
|10.15 a.m.||Patricia Murphy||Group G|
CULLEN CHURCH: Collector for next weekend (11th): Willie O’Connell
Mass on next Thursday at 7.30p.m. for Johnny & Ciss O’Mahony, Glountane
DROMTARIFFE PARISH presents “Come as you are” – four enlightening evenings with four inspirational speakers during October 2015. Fr. Harry Bohan, a leading social commentator in Ireland today, will be the speaker on Thursday 8th October in Dromagh Church at 8.00p.m. Thursday 15th October speaker: Sr. Concilio.
ÓGRA BEO PROGRAMME is a new Youth Ministry Initiative in the diocese. Any adult volunteer interested in developing this programme please contact Parish Office.
DO THIS IN MEMORY: Parents/Guardians of children receiving First Holy Communion in 2016 are asked to attend a meeting in the Parish Centre on next Tuesday 6th October at 8.00p.m. Your participation in this programme is appreciated.
- CULLEN SPECIAL NEEDS ASSOCIATION: Committee meeting on Monday night (5th) at 8.00p.m.
- THANK YOU to everyone who supported the recent coffee morning hosted by Mary Fitzgerald in GAA Hall. Total raised: €930.00
- TRAD FOR TROCAIRE: Friday 9th October at 7.30p.m. in Community School. Traditional music, song & dance. Admission free – collection for Trocaire.
- MILLSTREET MUSEUM will be officially reopened on Wednesday 14th Oct at 7.00p.m. preceded by unveiling of the Carnegie Centenary Plaque.
- ANAM CARA is holding its monthly Parent Evening on Tuesday 13th Oct at 30p.m. in Tralee. This is a free service to bereaved parents.
- ARDFERT RETREAT CENTRE: Self Care Day on Saturday 10th October from 9.45-4.00p.m. facilitated by Anna O’Donoghue & Betty Garnett. For details see capacitar.org or ring (087)9447105/(087)2498061
- MILLSTREET TIDY TOWNS are proud to announce that Millstreet received 302 points in this year’s competition. Awards ceremony on Wednesday night (7th) in the Clara Inn at 8.30p.m. with results of best residential & commercial winners being announced.
- DROMTARIFFE ICA: This month’s guest speaker D.J. Murphy, gardener, on Tuesday 6th October at 8.30p.m.
- MILLSTREET MENSHED sincerely thanks everyone who contributed so generously to their recent Church gate collection. Total collected: €1,310.00. The menshed group meet every Tuesday between 10.00a & 1.00p.m. and 7.00 & 9.00p.m.
- ANNUAL O’CONNOR/KELLEHER MEMORIALCUP GAMES on Sunday next 11th October starting at 12.30p.m. U8/10’s (football) & U12’s (hurling)
- JAMES CRONIN, Transition Year student from Millstreet Community School, will speak at Masses in Millstreet next weekend about his trip to India with the HOPE foundation in March 2016.