PARISH NEWSLETTER for BALLYDALY-CULLEN-MILLSTREET
Twenty Second Sunday in Ordinary Time – 30th August, 2015
Canon John Fitzgerald P.P. Tel Nos. Millstreet 029-70043/Mobile 087-7752948
Email: <email> www.dioceseofkerry.ie
PARISH OFFICE OPENING HOURS: MONDAY-TUESDAY- WEDNESDAY-FRIDAY
10.00a.m.-1.00p.m. & 2.00p.m.-5.00p.m.
Your prayers are requested for the repose of the souls of the following and for those whose anniversaries occur around this time, and for those for whom masses will be offered during the week:
RECENT DEATHS: Eimear O’Mahony, Inchileagh
Mass Intentions this Week-end:
Saturday 29th August:<
Millstreet Vigil 6.30 p.m Denis Healy, Tullig Cross (recently deceased
Sunday 30th August:
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m.Edward Byrne, Ahane
Cullen 10.15 a.m. Noel Duggan, Lisanboy & his sister Elizabeth
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Keith Sheehan, Station Road
Anniversaries: Peter Kelleher, Gneeves; Patrick & Hanora Barrett, Tullig; Jerh Noonan, Coolinarne; Denis Kelleher, Lackabawn; Bishop Diarmuid O’Sullivan, Coole; Mick & Nellie O’Keeffe, Pound Hill; Jerh & Lil O’Sullivan, Minor Row; Eily May Healy, Macroom Road; Molly Hickey, Gortnacreha; Joan Mullane, Ardnageeha; John & Jane O’Riordan, Two Gneeves; Mary, Thomas & the deceased members of the Healy Family, Clondrohid; Patricia Kelleher, Laught; Lena Buckley, Cahirbarnagh.
Mass Intentions for next week:
Saturday 5th September:
Millstreet 6.30 p.m. Connie Hickey, Main Street
Sunday 6th September:
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m. Dainne & Peggy O’Sullivan, Two Gneeves
Cullen 10.15a.m. Timothy, David & Nora Twomey, Knockduff
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Dan Cronin, Pound Hill
Millstreet Church: Mass times this week, unless there is a funeral.
Mass on Monday for Jerh Noonan, Coolinarne at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Tuesday for Eily May Healy, Macroom Road at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Wednesday for People of the Parish at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Thursday at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Friday for Ben Hartnett, The Bridge at 7.30p.m.
Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament every Tuesday & Wednesday from 10.30a.m. to 10.30p.m. in the Blessed Sacrament Chapel, Millstreet.
LECTIO DIVINA: On Monday 7th September a meeting will be held on the “Lectio Divina” method of reflection on the Sunday Gospel in the Parish Centre at 8.00p.m. All welcome.
Rotas for Next Weekend 5th/6th September
|6.30 p.m.||Micheal Gleeson||Group A|
|11.30 a.m.||Bernie Lane|
|9.00 a.m.||Brendan O’Sullivan||Group E|
|10.15 a.m.||Patricia O’Riordan||Group B|
CULLEN CHURCH: Collector for next weekend (6th): Michael Forde
Mass on next Thursday at 7.30p.m. for Joan Mullane, Ardnageeha.
EUCHARISTIC ADORATION every Thursday in Cullen Church 10.00am. 7.00p.m. DIOCESAN COLLECTION: Nest weekend (5th/6th) for Diocesan Needs.
BALLYDALY DIOCESAN COLLECTOR: for 6th September: Timmy Kiely
FIRST FRIDAY CALLS: Fr. Fitzgerald will make calls for the month of September during the coming week.
MILLSTREET CHURCH COLLECTORS for month of September: Group 4.
Vigil Mass: C. Dineen, S. Lane, M O’Regan & J. Sheehan. 11.30a.m. G. McSweeney, P. Breen, P. O’Shea, M. McSweeney & Ml O’Riordan.
MILLSTREET ALTAR SOCIETY: for 6th & 13th September: Group B
WORLD DAY OF PRAYER: Pope Francis has designated Tuesday 1st September a World Day of Prayer for the Care of Creation. He invites us to pray in gratitude for the world God has entrusted to us and to act as protectors of God’s creation.
KERRY DIOCESAN PILGRIMAGE The Kerry Pilgrimage Mass at the Grotto will be on Friday 4th September at 7.30a.m. Irish time and can be viewed live by logging on to “Lourdes Live” on the internet.
- MILLSTREET COMMUNITY HOSPITAL: Retirement party for Lena Kelleher, Matron of Millstreet Community Hospital is on next Friday at 7.30p.m. in The Wallis Arms. If you would like join us on the night please text (087) 6270806 or call (029) 70003. Tickets are limited.
- LACKABAWN VINTAGE MILLSTREET: Open day this Sunday (30th) from 11.30a.m. hosted by the Barry Family. Funds in aid of Millstreet Day Care Centre.
- MILLSTREET COMMUNITY COUNCIL: Official opening of the new gym in the Youth Centre on Monday 31st August at 7.30p.m. All welcome.
- MILLSTREET COMMUNITY COUNCIL: A G M on Tuesday 15th September in the E-Centre at 8.30p.m. New members needed.
- AUTUMN CARD DRIVE: An enjoyable game of 45 is held every Tuesday night in the Canon O’Donovan Centre at 9.00p.m. We look forward to seeing new members join us this Autumn.
- LITTLE TREASURER’S PRE-SCHOOL will re-open on Monday 31st Morning classes 9.00-12 noon & evening classes 12.30-3.30p.m.
- THANK YOU to everyone who supported the recent coffee morning in Aubane Community Centre in aid of Marymount. Total raised: €1,250
- MILLSTREET PARENT & TODDLER GROUP will reopen on Tuesday 8th September from 9.45-11.45 in the GAA Hall. €5 per family. All welcome
- CULLEN N.S. will reopen on Tuesday 1st September
- MILLSTREET TIDY TOWNS: Weekly litter pick-up is now finished. Thank you to everyone who helped in any way.
- MILLSTREET GAA: Clothes collection on Monday 7th September at Hall.