We thank Lisa Cashman, Outreach Champion, Cork West, West Cork Development Partnership
West Cork Technology Park, Clonakilty, West Cork….for the following insight into Eircode. (S.R.)
Re: Eircode Community Outreach Programme
You will probably hear or read reports that Eircode was launched yesterday or perhaps you saw the TV advert https://player.vimeo.com/video/132084090.
People all over County Cork will receive letters between Wednesday 15th July to Monday 20th July to notify them of the Eircode for their address and advice on how they can use it.
The introduction of Eircode will bring numerous benefits. Not only will it make the delivery of services and goods to households easier, but in the case of a medical emergency, being able to accurately and quickly identify an address can save valuable minutes. Remember, addresses will not be changing – an Eircode will simply be added to current addresses.
As you know from my previous communications, I work with West Cork Development Partnership as ‘Outreach Champion’ for Cork West area. The programme is co-ordinated by The Wheel, working closely with Irish Rural Link. We’re delighted that hundreds of people from organisations throughout Cork County have got on board and are helping to reach thousands of people who might otherwise get left behind. We’ve all been busy, meeting the target group on a one-to-one or one-to-few basis to tell them about Eircode, to answer their questions and to reassure them. It’s been a tremendous community effort.
We’ve only three weeks left in the programme. This is the peak period and we’re anxious to ensure that nobody gets left behind. We particularly want to encourage people to reach out to people they know in their own community: friends, family and neighbours, who are older, isolated or vulnerable and may not understand or may be confused by what this change means.
I’d really appreciate if you could get in touch with me if:
- There is a group or an individual who you think could do with some assistance,
- You or your organisation would like further information or materials (e.g. posters or leaflets) or would like to assist in any way.
Feel free to pass on this email to others within your network. You can contact me at:
T: 023 8834305 or 086 0251026
A: West Cork Development Partnership, West Cork Technology Park, Clonakilty, Co. Cork
Here are some useful links:
- For lots of information on Eircode, and to view a very handy new online tool called ‘Eircode Finder’ to look up the Eircode for any address, see eircode.ie
- There is a helpline for people who are unable to access the website, or having other difficulties, at 0818 300 005.
- For further information on the Eircode Community Outreach Programme, see wheel.ie/eircode or www.irishrurallink.ie/eircode.
- You can also watch a short video explaining the notification letter:
- In English at: http://www.eircode.ie/getting-an-eircode.
- As Gaeilge ag: http://www.eircode.ie/gaeilge/conas-eircode-a-fháil
- Using Irish Sign Language at: https://vimeo.com/132412840
Thank you for your time.
West Cork Development Partnership
West Cork Technology Park
Office: +353 238834035
Fax: +353 238834066