Fourteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time
5th July, 2015
Canon John Fitzgerald P.P.
Tel Nos. Millstreet 029-70043/Mobile 087-7752948
Email: <email> www.dioceseofkerry.ie
PARISH OFFICE OPENING HOURS:
10.00a.m.-1.00p.m. & 2.00p.m.-5.00p.m.
Your prayers are requested for the repose of the souls of the following and for those whose anniversaries occur around this time, and for those for whom masses will be offered during the week:
RECENT DEATHS: Sheila McSweeney, Millstreet
Mass Intentions this Week-end:
Saturday 4th July:
Millstreet Vigil 6.30 p.m. Hannah & Charles Barry, Murphy’s Terrace
Sunday 5th July:
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m. Christy Philpott, Ballydaly
Cullen 10.15 a.m. Bridget Hickey, Mologhroe
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Frank Reen Snr., Main Street
Anniversaries: Tim Kiely, The Bridge; Eileen Cronin, Dromnahilla; Jack Healy, Minor Row; Ann Lucey, Minor Row; Denis & Margaret Looney, Claraghatlea; Abbey O’Regan, Ballydaly; Bridie Murphy & the deceased members of the Murphy Family, Shanaknuck; Patrick Murphy, Flintfield; Fr. Batty Desmond, Carriganima.
Mass Intentions for next week:
Saturday 11th July:
Millstreet 6.30 p.m. Billy O’Leary, Drishane Road
Sunday 12th July:
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m. Nora Horgan, Ballydaly
Cullen 10.15a.m. Tony & Michael Moynihan, Coalpits
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Michael & Judy O’Riordan, Kippagh
Millstreet Church: Mass times this week, unless there is a funeral.
Mass on Monday for Tim Kiely, The Bridge at 7.30p.m.
Mass on Tuesday for People of the Parish at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Wednesday for Denny Healy, Claraghatlea at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Thursday for Jack Healy, Minor Row at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Friday for Brendan Hickey, Main Street at 7.30p.m.
Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament every Tuesday & Wednesday from 10.30a.m. to 10.30p.m. in the Blessed Sacrament Chapel, Millstreet. Requests for Prayer & Special Intentions – A box & slips of papers for these intentions can be found at the back of the Church. Each Tuesday & Wednesday the box will be placed on the altar for Mass and then placed in the Adoration Chapel so that people attending can pray for them
CONFESSIONS: Every Saturday in Millstreet Church 12.30p.m.-1.00p.m
Rotas for Next Weekend 11th/12th July
|6.30 p.m.||Eimear Buckley||Group B|
|11.30 a.m.||Pat Breen|
|9.00 a.m.||Dan O’Riordan||Group F|
|10.15 a.m.||Gillian McCarthy||Group A|
CULLEN CHURCH: Collector for next weekend (12th): Jerry O’Sullivan
Mass on next Thursday at 7.30p.m. for the deceased members of the Dennehy Family, Lisnaboy.
EUCHARISTIC ADORATION every Thursday in Cullen Church from 10.00a.m. to 7.00p.m. All are welcome. Requests for Prayer & Special Intentions – A box & slips of papers for these intentions can be found at the back of the Church.
LEGION OF MARY: Meeting on Tuesday night in The Parish Centre at 8.00p.m.
MILLSTREET ALTAR SOCIETY: 12th & 19th July: Group D
MILLSTREET PARISH FINANCE COUNCIL meeting on Tuesday night (7th) at 8.00p.m. in Parish Centre.
THE POPE’S ENCYCLICAL ON THE ENVIRONMENT – Laudato Si’: Copies can be ordered through Parish Office at a cost of €5.00. The Diocese of Kerry Justice, Peace & the Integrity of Creation Committee will host a talk by Fr. Donal Dorr on this publication on 28th September. Further details later.
YOUTH & PASTORAL MINISTRY COURSES: The Diocese of Kerry are offering both of these courses to adults interested in developing the knowledge & skills to work with young people (Youth Ministry Course) and to those wanting to become more involved in parish life (Pastoral Ministry Course). Details from Parish Office.
- MILLSTREET COMMUNITY HOSPITAL FUND will hold their Church Gate Collection in Millstreet next weekend 11th/12th July
- CULLEN & DISTRICT SPECIAL NEEDS ASSOCIATION: Annual old time thrashing & vintage display on Sunday 19th July (Laitiarian Sunday). Fun for all the family. Live music by Tim O’Riordan & Natural Gas
- YOUTH 2000 SUMMER FESTIVAL: 13th -16th August in Cistercian College, Roscrea, Co. Tipperary. Details at the back of each Church or email: <email>
- IRD DUHALLOW: Seminar entitled “Buildings of Cork” by Frank Keohane on Thursday 9th July at 7.30p.m in James O’Keeffe Institute, Newmarket. IRD Duhallow Cycling Sportive will take place on Saturday 25th July commencing from Newmarket. 3 routes – further details from (029) 60633.
- ANNUAL LIZ LUCEY MEMORIAL VINTAGE RUN on Sunday 12th
- ARDFERT RETREAT CENTRE: Preached retreat 6th-12th July – “The Human Journey – a way of relating to oneself, other & God” with Fr. Michael Rodgers.
- KERRY ARCHAEOLOGICAL & HISTORICAL SOCIETY will host a History Outing led by Fr. Seán Tucker & Seán Radley visiting “Clara, Drishane, Kilmeedy Castle & Upper Ballydaly on Sunday 12th Meet at Carnegie Hall at 2.30p.m. All welcome
THOUGHT FOR THE WEEK
Life is not measured by the breaths you take
but by the moments that take your breath away.
We thank Canon John Fitzgerald, P.P. & Sharon Lane, Parish Secretary for making the weekly Parish Newsletter available to our Millstreet Website. (S.R.)