The death has occurred of Peggy MURPHY, New Street, Macroom, Co. Cork. On April 23rd 2015, peacefully in the wonderful care of Macroom Community Hospital, Peggy, New Street. Very deeply regretted by her loving family, relatives, carers, neighbours and friends. Mother of Kathleen Murphy, Drishane Road, Millstreet and Mother-in-law of Brendan. Rest in Peace. Requiem Mass on Saturday, April 25th, at 2.30pm in St. Colman’s Church, Macroom. Funeral afterwards to St. Colman’s Cemetery, Macroom.
Best of luck to the Millstreet team of Liam Flynn, Pat Sheehan, Jerry Doody, and John Tarrant who take part in the All Ireland Scór Sinsear Final of the Tráth na gCeisteanna Boird (Table Quiz), at the City West Hotel in Dublin tomorrow morning April 25th at 11am.
Best of luck also to Cork‘s only other competitors – Boherbue who take part in the Rince Seit (Set Dancing).
Result: Millstreet finished 10th out of 27. As one of the lads said, “The questions just didn’t suit”
Eddie Tucker of Rathduane who now lives in Whitegate appeared in the recent excellent RTÉ Documentary “Gallipoli – Ireland’s Forgotten Heroes“, which commemorated the 3,000 Irish soldiers who were killed at the Battle of Gallipoli during the First World War. Specifically he was talking about local man William Cosgrove – who became known as the the Giant of Gallipoli.
See the documentary on the RTÉ Player. Eddie appears from 11:46 in the clip.
- Intermediate Football Championship Millstreet v Glenville, in Coachford at 7.00pm Monday 4th May (please note change of date)
- Intermediate Football League: Millstreet 1-14 Youghal 1-11 in Coachford 2.30pm Sun April 26th
- Jnr Hurling League: Millstreet 2-18 Dromtariffe 2-10, 19th April [report]
- County Junior B Championship: Glenlara 1-11 St. John’s 1-6. Sunday 19th April
- Friday 17th April – Intermediate Football League: Millstreet 3-14 Ballydesmond 2-10, 8.30pm. (1-9 to 0-6 at HT)
- U12 Hurling League Group 3A: Newmarket 5-1 Millstreet 4-6, 25th April
- U14 AFL: MMcC Buttevant 4-9 Duarigle Gaels (Millstreet/Cullen) 4-15, 23rd April
- U13 A/B FL Grp2: Duarigle Gaels 7-11 Mitchelstown 7-7, 20th April
- U12 FL Grp 4A: Lyre 0-2 Duarigle Gaels 5-18, 18th April
- U12 FL Grp 6A: Duarigle Gaels 0-2 Mallow 14-12, 18th Apr
The wonderful weather this last fortnight has encouraged us all to get out and enjoy the fine weather while it lasted. A local cyclist took this nice video of a cycle on the outskirts of Millstreet Country Park, starting at Knocknakilla, and finishing at Clochaneer Cross on the Butter Road – taken with a Garmin VIRB mounted on his helmet.
Great views from Gurrane last Wednesday by Tom of TMC Photography.
In the main photo are K&L Sheds, Mount Leader, Gneeves Windfarm, and Mullaghanish (front to back); bottom left photo: The two paps (or the Paps of Anu); and bottom right photo is the Eagles Nest, Kilcorney.