Millstreet Town first audit for The Anti Litter Competition is to begin on 27th April. The adjudicators are judging the entire town with particular focus on Murphy’s Terrace from 27th April to 6th May.
Pickers, bags and gloves will be provided. It won’t take long if we all play a small part.
The competition is run by Cork County Council and below are some of the details of the Anti Litter Challenge 2015:
The objectives of the competition are to reduce litter pollution in the county as a whole, and to encourage community involvement in the solutions to litter pollution. Similar to last year, the competition will be run over a 6 week period:
- First Period: 27th April 2015 -6th May 2015
- Second Period: 11th May 2015-20th May 2015
- Third Period: 25th May 2015-3rd June 2015
- Villages Semi Final: 29th June 2015 to 8th July 2015
- County Final: 20th July 2015 to 24th July 2015
Millstreet are in Division 1 with Blarney, Youghal, Dunmanway, Carrigtouhill and Kinsale.