PARISH NEWSLETTER for BALLYDALY-CULLEN-MILLSTREET
Easter Sunday – 5th April, 2015
Canon John Fitzgerald P.P. Tel Nos. Millstreet 029-70043/Mobile 087-7752948
Email: <email> www.dioceseofkerry.ie
PARISH OFFICE OPENING HOURS: MONDAY-TUESDAY- WEDNESDAY-FRIDAY
10.00a.m.-1.00p.m. & 2.00p.m.-5.00p.m.
Your prayers are requested for the repose of the souls of the following and for those whose anniversaries occur around this time, and for those for whom masses will be offered during the week:
RECENT DEATHS: Han O’Leary, Toorbonia; Celine McAuliffe, Knockduff; Arthur Lenehan, Ballymacelligott; Helen O’Donnell (nee Philpott), late of Ballydaly & Porturlin, Co. Mayo; Phillis O’Shea, Minor Row
Mass Intentions this Week-end:
Saturday 4th April:
Millstreet Vigil 9.00 p.m. Mass for People of the Parish
Easter Sunday 5th April:
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m. Han O’Leary, Toorbonia
Cullen 10.15 a.m. Celine McAuliffe, Knockduff
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Timmy O’Connor, Dooneen
Anniversaries: Jeremiah O’Sullivan, Minor Row; Denis O’Regan, Station Road; Kevin O’Sullivan, Main Street; Nellie O’Keeffe, Pound Hill; Jimmy Cotter, Murphy’s Terrace; Han & Paddy O’Leary, Murphy’s Terrace; Michael O’Leary, Clara Road; Nonie Lehane, Tullig; Nora Ring, Aubane House; Mary O’Donoghue, Aubane; Peggy O’Sullivan, Rathduane; Kieran Hickey, Liscreagh; May McSweeney, Ardnageeha; Danny Forde, Mologhroe; Theresa & Ann Perdisatt, Dublin; Margaret Bailey, Minor Row & Dublin
Mass Intentions for next week:
Saturday 11th April:
Millstreet 6.30 p.m. William O’Leary, Dromnahilla
Sunday 12th April:
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m. John Guerin, Ballydaly
Cullen 10.15a.m. Lena & Jeremiah O’Connor, Knockduff
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Dan & Bridget Collins, Cockhill
Millstreet Church: Mass times this week, unless there is a funeral.
Mass on Monday for Andrew Hickie, Main Street (recently deceased) at 10.30a.m.
Mass on Tuesday for Nonie Lehane, Tullig at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Wednesday (Private Intention) at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Thursday at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Friday for Mary & Patrick Dineen, Knocknapogue at 7.30p.m.
Mass on Saturday for Michelle Manley-Bates, London (recently deceased) at 10.00a.m.
Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament every Tuesday & Wednesday from 10.30a.m. to 10.30p.m. in the Blessed Sacrament Chapel, Millstreet
Rotas for Next Weekend 11th/12th April
|6.30 p.m.||Tim Linehan||Group D|
|11.30 a.m.||Jerry Doody|
|9.00 a.m.||Josephine Murphy||Group C|
|10.15 a.m.||Tom O’Riordan||Group D|
CULLEN CHURCH: Collector for next weekend (12th): Billy O’Sullivan
There will be no Eucharistic Adoration or Mass in Cullen on this Thursday (9th)
DIOCESAN COLLECTION next weekend (11th/12th) for: Peter’s Pence
BALLYDALY CHURCH: Diocesan collector (12th): Mary O’Leary
DIVINE MERCY: The Divine Mercy Novena will continue each day at 3.00p.m. in the Church and will conclude on Divine Mercy Sunday (12th April): Devotions will start with the “Chaplet” at 3.00p.m. Confessions will begin at 2.30p.m.
KERRY DIOCESAN PILGRIMAGES: 10th-18th May Msgr Dan O’Riordan will be the Spiritual Director for a Pilgrimage to Fatima. Details from Maureen (066)7131328.
June 2015: Pilgrimage to the Holy Land (8th-18th June). Spiritual director: Fr. John Newman. Contact Micheál for details (086) 8337681
TROCAIRE OFFERINGS: We remind you to return your Trocaire Offerings during the next two weeks. Thank you for your continued support.
- 40th ANNIVERSARY of Aubane Social Club on Saturday 18th April in The Riverside Park Hotel, Macroom. Tickets available from committee members
- MILLSTREET FEILE CHEOIL: Sunday 12th April in Millstreet Community School. Commencing at 11.30
- YOUTH 2000 IRELAND: will hold a youth retreat in St. Brendan’s College, Killarney on 24th – 26th Details at the back of each Church.
- ANAM CARA will hold its monthly meeting on Tuesday 14th April at 7.30p.m. in Recovery Haven, Tralee. All Anam Cara Services are available free of charge to bereaved parents.
- FUND-RAISING TABLE QUIZ organised by Cullen GAA Club will be held on Easter Monday in Cullen Community Centre in aid of The Jamie Wall Fund. Tables of 4 – €100. Details from Roger Casey (087) 6202882.
- DAFFODIL DAY COLLECTION: Sincere thanks to everyone who collected and supported the recent collections for Daffodil Day. The total collected was €4,000.00
- ITEMS FOUND: A watch and sum of money were found seperately in West End on Wednesday night. Contact Parish Office
- PARISH OFFICE will be closed on next Tuesday (7th)
My sincere thanks to all who participated in our Easter Ceremonies and helped to make them so meaningful for our Parish.
I welcome home all who have travelled to be with their families this Easter Season and we keep in our thoughts and prayers those who are not with us this year.
HAPPY EASTER TO YOU ALL.