PARISH NEWSLETTER for BALLYDALY-CULLEN-MILLSTREET
First SundAy of Lent – 22nd February, 2015
Canon John Fitzgerald P.P. Tel Nos. Millstreet 029-70043/Mobile 087-7752948
Email: <email> www.dioceseofkerry.ie
PARISH OFFICE OPENING HOURS: MONDAY-TUESDAY- WEDNESDAY-FRIDAY
10.00a.m.-1.00p.m. & 2.00p.m.-5.00p.m.
Your prayers are requested for the repose of the souls of the following and for those whose anniversaries occur around this time, and for those for whom masses will be offered during the week:
RECENT DEATHS: Kathleen O’Riordan, Church Street; Eileen O’Mahony, Kilmeedy; Jerome O’Riordan, Dromiscane & Bangkok; Siobhan Buckley, Carriganima; Denis Singleton, Carriglea and Florida; Con Hartnett, Clonbanin
Mass Intentions this Week-end:
Saturday 21st February:
Millstreet Vigil 6.30 p.m. Julia & Daniel Duggan, Claraghatlea
Sunday 22nd February:
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m. Peggy & Jerome O’Sullivan, Rathduane
Cullen 10.15 a.m. Tim O’Regan, Nohovaldaly
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Martin & Maureen Moran, Ballyvouskil
Anniversaries: Patsy McSweeney, Ballinkeen & Rahcoole; Bridget Burke, Murphy’s Terrace; Nora Buckley, Kilmeedy; Joe Buckley, Ballinatona; Eugene Barrett, Aubane; Madge Kelleher, Aubane; Eamonn Cronin, Knockduff; Gobnait O’Leary, Church Hill; Annie Murphy, Ahane; Abina McCarthy, Fortgrady; Michael Desmond, Glenleigh.
Mass Intentions for next week-end:
Saturday 28th February:
Millstreet 6.30 p.m. Jeremiah Corkery, Coomlogane
Sunday 1st March:
Ballydaly 9.00 a.m. Mass for People of the Parish
Cullen 10.15 am. Frank O’Leary, Lissaniska
Millstreet 11.30 a.m. Conchubhar O’hÉalaithe, Drishane Road
Millstreet Church: Mass times for this week, unless there is a funeral.
Monday 23rd: Stations of the Cross at 7.00p.m. followed by Mass for Sean Murphy, Cloghoulabeg at 7.30p.m.
Mass on Tuesday for Jerome O’Riordan, Dromiscane & Bangkok (recently deceased) at 7.30p.m.
Mass on Wednesday for Patsy McSweeney, Ballinkeen & Rathcoole at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Thursday for Madge Kelleher, Aubane at 10.00a.m.
Mass on Friday for John & Mary Weir, Millstreet & Ballyvourney at 7.30p.m.
Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament every Tuesday & Wednesday from 10.30a.m. to 10.30p.m. in the Blessed Sacrament Chapel, Millstreet.
CONFESSIONS: Every Saturday in Millstreet Church 12.30p.m.-1.00p.m.
Rotas for Next Weekend 28th February/1st March
|6.30 p.m.||Marie Kelleher||Group A|
|11.30 a.m.||Liam Burke|
|9.00 a.m.||Denis O’Brien||Group F|
|10.15 a.m.||Margaret Cooper||Group C|
CULLEN CHURCH: Collector for next weekend 1st : Paudie O’Keeffe
Mass on next Thursday at 7.30p.m. for Annie Murphy, Ahane
EUCHARISTIC ADORATION every Thursday in Cullen Church from 10.00a.m. to 7.00p.m. All are welcome.
CONFIRMATION PLEDGE: Parents/guardians of Confirmation Candidates from Millstreet and Cloghoula are reminded that those receiving Confirmation this year will take the Confirmation Pledge during Vigil Mass on Saturday next 28th February. Children from Cullen will have take the Confirmation Pledge during Mass on Sunday next 1st March.
DATES FOR YOUR DIARY:
MONDAY 23rd: Evening of reflection for all Eucharistic Ministers in Rathcoole National School at 7.30p.m. The evening will be facilitated by Frances Rowland from the Kerry Diocesan Pastoral Team.
TUESDAY 24th: SHAPING OUR DIOCESE – MILLSTREET PASTORAL AREA: Feed into the new Pastoral Plan by attending the Social Action Centre Rathmore on Tuesday 24th at 8.00p.m. Gatherings focus on what you feel strongly about and what your expectations are from the church. Feedback also to <email>
- MILLSTREET ACTIVE RETIRED ASSOCIATION: Annual General Meeting on Wednesday 25th February at 7.00p.m. in Parish Centre.
- MILLSTREET COMMUNITY COUNCIL SOCIAL & AWARDS will be held in the Wallis Arms on Friday 6th March at 7.30p.m. Tickets €25 each and are available from community council members. Your support is appreciated.
- CULLEN COMMUNITY CENTRE: Banteer Drama Group will perform “The Buds of Ballybunion” on Thursday 26th February at 8.30p.m. in Cullen
- CULLEN NATIONAL SCHOOL: Enrolment forms for new entrants can be collected at the School from Monday 23rd February to Friday 27th (during school hours)
- THANK YOU from the Directors & Management of the Canon O’Donovan Centre to everyone who generously supported their Annual Church Gate Collection. CANON O’DONOVAN PLACE, CLARA ROAD: House to rent for senior citizens. For more information contact Mary (086) 6003418.
- MILLSTREET JUVENILE GAA CLUB: Registration night on Monday 23rd February between 7.00 & 8.00p.m. in GAA Hall
- AUBANE COMMUNITY CENTRE: Mass for Nora Twomey, Kilcorney (recently deceased) on Friday night 27th February at 8.15p.m.
- MILLSTREET COMMUNITY SCHOOL FAIR TRADE FEST – SATURDAY 28th FEB in Parish Centre after Vigil Mass. A chance to find out about Fair Trade Products & sample Fair Trade refreshments. All welcome.